Disable 5 second u-boot prompt on startup

Jeebus

Every time I boot Armbian on my tv box, there is always a 5 second prompt on startup similar to entering startup options on Windows. I'm not entirely sure what it's for, but i'm assuming it's a barebones u-boot command line. The problem is, I don't need it, and it adds a significant amount of time when booting. Does anyone know how to remove it entirely and to boot directly into the kernel? 

I'm using a Tanix 3 mini with Armbian 5.9.0

@Jeebus - it comes from CONFIG_BOOTDELAY=5 in the config used when building u-boot - in case your u-boot is saying something about hexdump in its output then here are some notes on how it was built: https://github.com/hexdump0815/u-boot-misc/blob/master/readme.gxl - in the end you'll have to build your own u-boot in case you want to get rid of it ... the idea behind it is to have a chance to press a key at this point to enter raw u-boot cmdline to fix things by hand in case your setup got broken ...

good luck and best wishes - hexdump

Big thanks for the support. I'm familiar with linux mainly from raspberry pi and never had to do something like compiling a kernel or building my own u-boot. Can you point me in the right direction of how to go about this?

Much appreciated. 

the u-boot setup on amlogic tv boxes is very special - a legacy u-boot is chainloading a mainline u-boot and it is very likely that saveenv in this setup simply does not work ... the readme linked by me above at least gives a rough idea about the steps to build it, but maybe its not really easy for someone not used to build u-boot all the time ... i'm not having the time right now to take care of it myself

best wishes - hexdump