BBcode Formatting Support Has Been disabled

lanefu

Legacy functionality -- bbcode support has been disabled.   The current editor version has richer formatting support natively..   Disabling the bbcode formatting should improve editor performance.

No not really.  I just like to gripe whenever things are deprecated in favor of 'modern' alternatives, especially ones that surely use (proprietary?) JavaScript.

But I have used it, most recently for the last release announcement.  When trying to convert the result of HedgeDoc site (Markdown) into the forum, using bbcode was my approach.  I almost got it to work.  I am not aware of anything else that might even come close to being scriptable.

My understanding (from brief research at that time) was that Invision themselves have deprecated it a long time ago already.  So I am only ribbing you a bit, not really sure how feasible it is for us to keep it.

But there is also, for example, bbcode-mode in Emacs.  And I do use Edit With Emacs (FF plug-in) quite often.

Ha yeah it was extremely deprecated lol.    

I was in a "there has to be a markdown plugin" mode scouring the interweb and saw that.

On that note I think I did toggle the plain text paste flag off.   So copying rendered markdown into the editor may work.

Anyway the editor seems to be a whole seperate body of work independent from Invision other than it'd what they use.     Sounds like Invision actually has their own upgrading to do from "v4" to "v5"

For your amusement, I will leave you with one of my favorite quotes from Bjarne Stroustrup, which I serendipitously came across (again) just yesterday:

Legacy code often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling.

:D