armbian added to the distrowatch list

constantius

It seems to me like outreach efforts over the years (by people like @NicoD, etc.) have been putting us on the map.  I also tried to help get the word out on last release announcement, which ended up being picked up / re-posted more places than ever before (including LWN, Tom's Hardware, r/linux, etc.) which I think probably helped, too.

Hi, since upgrade to Armbian 22.05 my Nanopi M4v2 has been running 24 hrs with browser ,youtube indulgence and so on.  I enjoy watching@NicoD videos and rejoiced when I found Armbian listing on Distrowatch.

However, ( isn't there always :) ) I do not see advice on latest news, reviews or Armbian upgrades on Distrowatch yet. Is this on someones todo list or can I help in a small way and help promulgate announcements to online media?

Hello @mcfo

Thanks for your interest in Armbian! 

We are currently working on making changes to allow for more (internal) man hours to be spent on reviewing and updating things like Distrowatch, providing more regular updates to our media partners and working with the community to help improve Armbians public facing image.

We always welcome help from our community and I would be happy to discuss with you your ideas on how we can more proactively provide announcements and updates to media outlets (such as Distrowatch) and/or how you could help Armbian in this aspect.

Please feel free to drop me a private message and we can discuss this in more detail.  I hope to pick up and work more actively on issues like this for Armbian, so maybe we could find a way to work together on this issue?

Cheers!