No HDMI output

vincele

Hello,

I'm trying to get a opi+2e to output something on my HDMI TV without success.

The TV is a 10yo Thomson intuiva 27LB130S5 (1280x720, should be capable of 720p / 1080i)

I tried android on eMMC, worked OK.

Installed Armbian_5.14_Orangepiplus2e_Debian_jessie_3.4.112_desktop on a microsd.

During install there was some console output to the display (a bit mangled), and after

the reboot, nothing.

I got SSH over eth access.

I disabled nodm service, rebooted to have FB console only (easier to debug, or so I thought)

Still nothing.

Tried h3disp on a few resolutions (-m 6, 5, 4, 2) with a reboot between each one.

None gave me anything

Any idea how to make this work (FB console then also X11)

Thanks

I had none for most of the tests, and now I have a usb keyboard with touchpad, but the board is booting fine (each time) since I can login through SSH... Only nothing on the screen.

I suspect the resolution is different from during the initial boot...

BTW can h3disp -c have any relevance wrt this problem ?

The TV is deemed HD Ready : Digital input HDCP + 16:9 + YUV + 720 lines min. + 720p/1080i

Edit: that TV only shows something on HDMI if there was signal at TV start time, it also has no way to resize picture, neither automatic nor manual.

How could I "port" a modeline (or whatever it is called today) from a x86_64 laptop connected to this TV (which is able to properly display something on it, probably with some help from EDID) and use it with the opi+2e ?

Argh this TV is crap, I couldn't get any good HDMI resolution even with a x86_64 laptop...

It works with VGA@1024x768 (laptop), but not overt that, but even then, get-edid failed.

I am really wondering how android get it to work, though.

Case closed, I won't waste any more time on this PoS...