[Odroid HC4] Armbian 22.02 Bullseye zfs no module found

mesonosist64
Go to solution Solved by Igor,

Hi everyone!

First thank you for providing this beautiful piece of software, Armbian rocks!

I am running Armbian 22.02 Bullseye on my Odroid HC4.

After booting I did

apt update
apt upgrade

Next I went into armbian-config -> Software -> Headers_install

So I ended up with this configuration

$ uname -a
Linux odroidhc4 5.10.102-meson64 #22.02.1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Feb 27 09:09:25 UTC 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux

$ apt list --installed | grep meson64
linux-dtb-current-meson64/bullseye,now 22.02.1 arm64 [installed]
linux-headers-current-meson64/bullseye,now 22.02.1 arm64 [installed]
linux-image-current-meson64/bullseye,now 22.02.1 arm64 [installed]

Next, I tried to install zfs as per many posts:

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/17337-zfs-just-works-now-on-armbian-2-step-instructions-if-you-are-thick-like-me/

Only for it to fail with this error message:

$ sudo apt install zfs-dkms zfsutils-linux
Loading new zfs-2.0.3 DKMS files...
Building for 5.10.102-meson64
Module build for kernel 5.10.102-meson64 was skipped since the
kernel headers for this kernel does not seem to be installed.
Setting up libuutil3linux (2.0.3-9) ...
Setting up libzfs4linux (2.0.3-9) ...
Setting up libzpool4linux (2.0.3-9) ...
Setting up zfsutils-linux (2.0.3-9) ...
modprobe: FATAL: Module zfs not found in directory /lib/modules/5.10.102-meson64
zfs-import-scan.service is a disabled or a static unit, not starting it.
Job for zfs-load-module.service failed.
See "systemctl status zfs-load-module.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
A dependency job for zfs-import-cache.service failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for details.
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-13+deb11u3) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.4-2) ...
Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.140) ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.10.102-meson64
update-initramfs: Converting to u-boot format

I found people dealing with similar problems and tried the suggested solutions, none worked.

=====================

1) https://forum.armbian.com/topic/18015-the-zfs-modules-are-not-loaded/

Here I followed the post where the user suggests to install the linux-dtb/image/headers manually. So I did just that, I downloaded these files and installed them with dpkg. -i. Source of files: https://imola.armbian.com/apt/pool/main/l/linux-5.10.102-meson64/

linux-dtb-current-meson64_22.02.1_arm64.deb
linux-headers-current-meson64_22.02.1_arm64.deb
linux-image-current-meson64_22.02.1_arm64.deb

And nothing changed when I tried installing zfs-dkms

=====================

2) https://forum.armbian.com/topic/15441-unable-to-build-zfs-module-on-buster-rockchip64/

Here I followed ShadowDance's guide, used an appropriate debian bullseye image, installed the headers downloaded from proposed solution 1) but it failed at

# ./configure --with-linux=/usr/src/linux-headers-$(uname -r)
checking if modules can be built...no

=====================

3) https://forum.armbian.com/topic/14576-odroid-n2-zfs-header-issue-on-buster-kernel-56

Here Igor suggested to switch to Nightly builds. So I did, ran an apt update && apt upgrade, rebooted, tried to install zfs-dkms and it failed again with the same error message

modprobe: FATAL: Module zfs not found in directory /lib/modules/5.10.102-meson64

It seems switching to Nightlies didn't change the kernels, as uname -a returns the same kernel version as above, so I guess it makes sense switching to Nightlies didn't solve anything.

=====================

4) I tried a few other 5.10.x-meson64 kernels via armbian-config -> System -> Other. After installing the kernel I'd ofc install the headers and retry installing zfs-dkms, just to be hit with the same "Module zfs not found".

=====================

I am a bit at a loss now. I guess I could go back to Debian Buster, where I had ZFS working (I broke it with a apt full-upgrade and then installed bullseye).

Should try switching to a 5.15.x kernel? How can I see which kernels have accompanying  headers?

Please help me get proper headers installed on my system. I am happy to provide any and all details from my system in addition to the ones specified above.

I am grateful in advance for your time, fellow armbians!

• Solution
  ___      _           _     _   _   _  ____ _  _   
 / _ \  __| |_ __ ___ (_) __| | | | | |/ ___| || |  
| | | |/ _` | '__/ _ \| |/ _` | | |_| | |   | || |_ 
| |_| | (_| | | | (_) | | (_| | |  _  | |___|__   _|
 \___/ \__,_|_|  \___/|_|\__,_| |_| |_|\____|  |_|  

Welcome to Armbian 22.02.1 Jammy with bleeding edge Linux 5.15.30-meson64

No end-user support: unsupported (jammy) userspace!

System load:   102%           	Up time:       1:42	
Memory usage:  69% of 3.70G  	Zram usage:    8% of 1.85G  	IP:	       10.0.10.7
CPU temp:      66°C           	Usage of /:    3% of 58G    	
ZFS pool:      Online

I am running Armbian Jammy with ZFS 2.1.2

Spoiler
modinfo zfs
filename:       /lib/modules/5.15.30-meson64/updates/dkms/zfs.ko.xz
version:        2.1.2-1ubuntu3
license:        CDDL
author:         OpenZFS
description:    ZFS
alias:          devname:zfs
alias:          char-major-10-249
srcversion:     8AFADC73C1ECEA0B8CD5EF4
depends:        spl,znvpair,icp,zlua,zzstd,zunicode,zcommon,zavl
name:           zfs
vermagic:       5.15.30-meson64 SMP preempt mod_unload aarch64
parm:           zvol_inhibit_dev:Do not create zvol device nodes (uint)
parm:           zvol_major:Major number for zvol device (uint)
parm:           zvol_threads:Max number of threads to handle I/O requests (uint)
parm:           zvol_request_sync:Synchronously handle bio requests (uint)
parm:           zvol_max_discard_blocks:Max number of blocks to discard (ulong)
parm:           zvol_prefetch_bytes:Prefetch N bytes at zvol start+end (uint)
parm:           zvol_volmode:Default volmode property value (uint)
parm:           zfs_fallocate_reserve_percent:Percentage of length to use for the available capacity check (uint)
parm:           zfs_key_max_salt_uses:Max number of times a salt value can be used for generating encryption keys before it is rotated (ulong)
parm:           zfs_object_mutex_size:Size of znode hold array (uint)
parm:           zfs_unlink_suspend_progress:Set to prevent async unlinks (debug - leaks space into the unlinked set) (int)
parm:           zfs_delete_blocks:Delete files larger than N blocks async (ulong)
parm:           zfs_dbgmsg_enable:Enable ZFS debug message log (int)
parm:           zfs_dbgmsg_maxsize:Maximum ZFS debug log size (int)
parm:           zfs_admin_snapshot:Enable mkdir/rmdir/mv in .zfs/snapshot (int)
parm:           zfs_expire_snapshot:Seconds to expire .zfs/snapshot (int)
parm:           vdev_file_logical_ashift:Logical ashift for file-based devices (ulong)
parm:           vdev_file_physical_ashift:Physical ashift for file-based devices (ulong)
parm:           zfs_vdev_scheduler:I/O scheduler
parm:           zfs_arc_shrinker_limit:Limit on number of pages that ARC shrinker can reclaim at once (int)
parm:           zfs_abd_scatter_enabled:Toggle whether ABD allocations must be linear. (int)
parm:           zfs_abd_scatter_min_size:Minimum size of scatter allocations. (int)
parm:           zfs_abd_scatter_max_order:Maximum order allocation used for a scatter ABD. (uint)
parm:           zio_slow_io_ms:Max I/O completion time (milliseconds) before marking it as slow (int)
parm:           zio_requeue_io_start_cut_in_line:Prioritize requeued I/O (int)
parm:           zfs_sync_pass_deferred_free:Defer frees starting in this pass (int)
parm:           zfs_sync_pass_dont_compress:Don't compress starting in this pass (int)
parm:           zfs_sync_pass_rewrite:Rewrite new bps starting in this pass (int)
parm:           zio_dva_throttle_enabled:Throttle block allocations in the ZIO pipeline (int)
parm:           zio_deadman_log_all:Log all slow ZIOs, not just those with vdevs (int)
parm:           zfs_commit_timeout_pct:ZIL block open timeout percentage (int)
parm:           zil_replay_disable:Disable intent logging replay (int)
parm:           zil_nocacheflush:Disable ZIL cache flushes (int)
parm:           zil_slog_bulk:Limit in bytes slog sync writes per commit (ulong)
parm:           zil_maxblocksize:Limit in bytes of ZIL log block size (int)
parm:           zfs_vnops_read_chunk_size:Bytes to read per chunk (ulong)
parm:           zfs_immediate_write_sz:Largest data block to write to zil (long)
parm:           zfs_max_nvlist_src_size:Maximum size in bytes allowed for src nvlist passed with ZFS ioctls (ulong)
parm:           zfs_history_output_max:Maximum size in bytes of ZFS ioctl output that will be logged (ulong)
parm:           zfs_zevent_retain_max:Maximum recent zevents records to retain for duplicate checking (uint)
parm:           zfs_zevent_retain_expire_secs:Expiration time for recent zevents records (uint)
parm:           zfs_lua_max_instrlimit:Max instruction limit that can be specified for a channel program (ulong)
parm:           zfs_lua_max_memlimit:Max memory limit that can be specified for a channel program (ulong)
parm:           zap_iterate_prefetch:When iterating ZAP object, prefetch it (int)
parm:           zfs_trim_extent_bytes_max:Max size of TRIM commands, larger will be split (uint)
parm:           zfs_trim_extent_bytes_min:Min size of TRIM commands, smaller will be skipped (uint)
parm:           zfs_trim_metaslab_skip:Skip metaslabs which have never been initialized (uint)
parm:           zfs_trim_txg_batch:Min number of txgs to aggregate frees before issuing TRIM (uint)
parm:           zfs_trim_queue_limit:Max queued TRIMs outstanding per leaf vdev (uint)
parm:           zfs_removal_ignore_errors:Ignore hard IO errors when removing device (int)
parm:           zfs_remove_max_segment:Largest contiguous segment to allocate when removing device (int)
parm:           vdev_removal_max_span:Largest span of free chunks a remap segment can span (int)
parm:           zfs_removal_suspend_progress:Pause device removal after this many bytes are copied (debug use only - causes removal to hang) (int)
parm:           zfs_rebuild_max_segment:Max segment size in bytes of rebuild reads (ulong)
parm:           zfs_rebuild_vdev_limit:Max bytes in flight per leaf vdev for sequential resilvers (ulong)
parm:           zfs_rebuild_scrub_enabled:Automatically scrub after sequential resilver completes (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_raidz_impl:Select raidz implementation.
parm:           zfs_vdev_aggregation_limit:Max vdev I/O aggregation size (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_aggregation_limit_non_rotating:Max vdev I/O aggregation size for non-rotating media (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_aggregate_trim:Allow TRIM I/O to be aggregated (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_read_gap_limit:Aggregate read I/O over gap (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_write_gap_limit:Aggregate write I/O over gap (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_max_active:Maximum number of active I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_async_write_active_max_dirty_percent:Async write concurrency max threshold (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_async_write_active_min_dirty_percent:Async write concurrency min threshold (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_async_read_max_active:Max active async read I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_async_read_min_active:Min active async read I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_async_write_max_active:Max active async write I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_async_write_min_active:Min active async write I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_initializing_max_active:Max active initializing I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_initializing_min_active:Min active initializing I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_removal_max_active:Max active removal I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_removal_min_active:Min active removal I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_scrub_max_active:Max active scrub I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_scrub_min_active:Min active scrub I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_sync_read_max_active:Max active sync read I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_sync_read_min_active:Min active sync read I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_sync_write_max_active:Max active sync write I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_sync_write_min_active:Min active sync write I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_trim_max_active:Max active trim/discard I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_trim_min_active:Min active trim/discard I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_rebuild_max_active:Max active rebuild I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_rebuild_min_active:Min active rebuild I/Os per vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_nia_credit:Number of non-interactive I/Os to allow in sequence (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_nia_delay:Number of non-interactive I/Os before _max_active (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_queue_depth_pct:Queue depth percentage for each top-level vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_mirror_rotating_inc:Rotating media load increment for non-seeking I/O's (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_mirror_rotating_seek_inc:Rotating media load increment for seeking I/O's (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_mirror_rotating_seek_offset:Offset in bytes from the last I/O which triggers a reduced rotating media seek increment (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_mirror_non_rotating_inc:Non-rotating media load increment for non-seeking I/O's (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_mirror_non_rotating_seek_inc:Non-rotating media load increment for seeking I/O's (int)
parm:           zfs_initialize_value:Value written during zpool initialize (ulong)
parm:           zfs_initialize_chunk_size:Size in bytes of writes by zpool initialize (ulong)
parm:           zfs_condense_indirect_vdevs_enable:Whether to attempt condensing indirect vdev mappings (int)
parm:           zfs_condense_indirect_obsolete_pct:Minimum obsolete percent of bytes in the mapping to attempt condensing (int)
parm:           zfs_condense_min_mapping_bytes:Don't bother condensing if the mapping uses less than this amount of memory (ulong)
parm:           zfs_condense_max_obsolete_bytes:Minimum size obsolete spacemap to attempt condensing (ulong)
parm:           zfs_condense_indirect_commit_entry_delay_ms:Used by tests to ensure certain actions happen in the middle of a condense. A maximum value of 1 should be sufficient. (int)
parm:           zfs_reconstruct_indirect_combinations_max:Maximum number of combinations when reconstructing split segments (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_cache_max:Inflate reads small than max (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_cache_size:Total size of the per-disk cache (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_cache_bshift:Shift size to inflate reads too (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_default_ms_count:Target number of metaslabs per top-level vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_default_ms_shift:Default limit for metaslab size (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_min_ms_count:Minimum number of metaslabs per top-level vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_ms_count_limit:Practical upper limit of total metaslabs per top-level vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_slow_io_events_per_second:Rate limit slow IO (delay) events to this many per second (uint)
parm:           zfs_checksum_events_per_second:Rate limit checksum events to this many checksum errors per second (do not set below zed threshold). (uint)
parm:           zfs_scan_ignore_errors:Ignore errors during resilver/scrub (int)
parm:           vdev_validate_skip:Bypass vdev_validate() (int)
parm:           zfs_nocacheflush:Disable cache flushes (int)
parm:           zfs_embedded_slog_min_ms:Minimum number of metaslabs required to dedicate one for log blocks (int)
parm:           zfs_vdev_min_auto_ashift:Minimum ashift used when creating new top-level vdevs
parm:           zfs_vdev_max_auto_ashift:Maximum ashift used when optimizing for logical -> physical sector size on new top-level vdevs
parm:           zfs_txg_timeout:Max seconds worth of delta per txg (int)
parm:           zfs_read_history:Historical statistics for the last N reads (int)
parm:           zfs_read_history_hits:Include cache hits in read history (int)
parm:           zfs_txg_history:Historical statistics for the last N txgs (int)
parm:           zfs_multihost_history:Historical statistics for last N multihost writes (int)
parm:           zfs_flags:Set additional debugging flags (uint)
parm:           zfs_recover:Set to attempt to recover from fatal errors (int)
parm:           zfs_free_leak_on_eio:Set to ignore IO errors during free and permanently leak the space (int)
parm:           zfs_deadman_checktime_ms:Dead I/O check interval in milliseconds (ulong)
parm:           zfs_deadman_enabled:Enable deadman timer (int)
parm:           spa_asize_inflation:SPA size estimate multiplication factor (int)
parm:           zfs_ddt_data_is_special:Place DDT data into the special class (int)
parm:           zfs_user_indirect_is_special:Place user data indirect blocks into the special class (int)
parm:           zfs_deadman_failmode:Failmode for deadman timer
parm:           zfs_deadman_synctime_ms:Pool sync expiration time in milliseconds
parm:           zfs_deadman_ziotime_ms:IO expiration time in milliseconds
parm:           zfs_special_class_metadata_reserve_pct:Small file blocks in special vdevs depends on this much free space available (int)
parm:           spa_slop_shift:Reserved free space in pool
parm:           zfs_unflushed_max_mem_amt:Specific hard-limit in memory that ZFS allows to be used for unflushed changes (ulong)
parm:           zfs_unflushed_max_mem_ppm:Percentage of the overall system memory that ZFS allows to be used for unflushed changes (value is calculated over 1000000 for finer granularity) (ulong)
parm:           zfs_unflushed_log_block_max:Hard limit (upper-bound) in the size of the space map log in terms of blocks. (ulong)
parm:           zfs_unflushed_log_block_min:Lower-bound limit for the maximum amount of blocks allowed in log spacemap (see zfs_unflushed_log_block_max) (ulong)
parm:           zfs_unflushed_log_block_pct:Tunable used to determine the number of blocks that can be used for the spacemap log, expressed as a percentage of the total number of metaslabs in the pool (e.g. 400 means the number of log blocks is capped at 4 times the number of metaslabs) (ulong)
parm:           zfs_max_log_walking:The number of past TXGs that the flushing algorithm of the log spacemap feature uses to estimate incoming log blocks (ulong)
parm:           zfs_max_logsm_summary_length:Maximum number of rows allowed in the summary of the spacemap log (ulong)
parm:           zfs_min_metaslabs_to_flush:Minimum number of metaslabs to flush per dirty TXG (ulong)
parm:           zfs_keep_log_spacemaps_at_export:Prevent the log spacemaps from being flushed and destroyed during pool export/destroy (int)
parm:           spa_config_path:SPA config file (/etc/zfs/zpool.cache) (charp)
parm:           zfs_autoimport_disable:Disable pool import at module load (int)
parm:           zfs_spa_discard_memory_limit:Limit for memory used in prefetching the checkpoint space map done on each vdev while discarding the checkpoint (ulong)
parm:           spa_load_verify_shift:log2 fraction of arc that can be used by inflight I/Os when verifying pool during import (int)
parm:           spa_load_verify_metadata:Set to traverse metadata on pool import (int)
parm:           spa_load_verify_data:Set to traverse data on pool import (int)
parm:           spa_load_print_vdev_tree:Print vdev tree to zfs_dbgmsg during pool import (int)
parm:           zio_taskq_batch_pct:Percentage of CPUs to run an IO worker thread (uint)
parm:           zio_taskq_batch_tpq:Number of threads per IO worker taskqueue (uint)
parm:           zfs_max_missing_tvds:Allow importing pool with up to this number of missing top-level vdevs (in read-only mode) (ulong)
parm:           zfs_livelist_condense_zthr_pause:Set the livelist condense zthr to pause (int)
parm:           zfs_livelist_condense_sync_pause:Set the livelist condense synctask to pause (int)
parm:           zfs_livelist_condense_sync_cancel:Whether livelist condensing was canceled in the synctask (int)
parm:           zfs_livelist_condense_zthr_cancel:Whether livelist condensing was canceled in the zthr function (int)
parm:           zfs_livelist_condense_new_alloc:Whether extra ALLOC blkptrs were added to a livelist entry while it was being condensed (int)
parm:           zfs_multilist_num_sublists:Number of sublists used in each multilist (int)
parm:           zfs_multihost_interval:Milliseconds between mmp writes to each leaf
parm:           zfs_multihost_fail_intervals:Max allowed period without a successful mmp write (uint)
parm:           zfs_multihost_import_intervals:Number of zfs_multihost_interval periods to wait for activity (uint)
parm:           metaslab_aliquot:Allocation granularity (a.k.a. stripe size) (ulong)
parm:           metaslab_debug_load:Load all metaslabs when pool is first opened (int)
parm:           metaslab_debug_unload:Prevent metaslabs from being unloaded (int)
parm:           metaslab_preload_enabled:Preload potential metaslabs during reassessment (int)
parm:           metaslab_unload_delay:Delay in txgs after metaslab was last used before unloading (int)
parm:           metaslab_unload_delay_ms:Delay in milliseconds after metaslab was last used before unloading (int)
parm:           zfs_mg_noalloc_threshold:Percentage of metaslab group size that should be free to make it eligible for allocation (int)
parm:           zfs_mg_fragmentation_threshold:Percentage of metaslab group size that should be considered eligible for allocations unless all metaslab groups within the metaslab class have also crossed this threshold (int)
parm:           zfs_metaslab_fragmentation_threshold:Fragmentation for metaslab to allow allocation (int)
parm:           metaslab_fragmentation_factor_enabled:Use the fragmentation metric to prefer less fragmented metaslabs (int)
parm:           metaslab_lba_weighting_enabled:Prefer metaslabs with lower LBAs (int)
parm:           metaslab_bias_enabled:Enable metaslab group biasing (int)
parm:           zfs_metaslab_segment_weight_enabled:Enable segment-based metaslab selection (int)
parm:           zfs_metaslab_switch_threshold:Segment-based metaslab selection maximum buckets before switching (int)
parm:           metaslab_force_ganging:Blocks larger than this size are forced to be gang blocks (ulong)
parm:           metaslab_df_max_search:Max distance (bytes) to search forward before using size tree (int)
parm:           metaslab_df_use_largest_segment:When looking in size tree, use largest segment instead of exact fit (int)
parm:           zfs_metaslab_max_size_cache_sec:How long to trust the cached max chunk size of a metaslab (ulong)
parm:           zfs_metaslab_mem_limit:Percentage of memory that can be used to store metaslab range trees (int)
parm:           zfs_metaslab_try_hard_before_gang:Try hard to allocate before ganging (int)
parm:           zfs_metaslab_find_max_tries:Normally only consider this many of the best metaslabs in each vdev (int)
parm:           zfs_zevent_len_max:Max event queue length (int)
parm:           zfs_scan_vdev_limit:Max bytes in flight per leaf vdev for scrubs and resilvers (ulong)
parm:           zfs_scrub_min_time_ms:Min millisecs to scrub per txg (int)
parm:           zfs_obsolete_min_time_ms:Min millisecs to obsolete per txg (int)
parm:           zfs_free_min_time_ms:Min millisecs to free per txg (int)
parm:           zfs_resilver_min_time_ms:Min millisecs to resilver per txg (int)
parm:           zfs_scan_suspend_progress:Set to prevent scans from progressing (int)
parm:           zfs_no_scrub_io:Set to disable scrub I/O (int)
parm:           zfs_no_scrub_prefetch:Set to disable scrub prefetching (int)
parm:           zfs_async_block_max_blocks:Max number of blocks freed in one txg (ulong)
parm:           zfs_max_async_dedup_frees:Max number of dedup blocks freed in one txg (ulong)
parm:           zfs_free_bpobj_enabled:Enable processing of the free_bpobj (int)
parm:           zfs_scan_mem_lim_fact:Fraction of RAM for scan hard limit (int)
parm:           zfs_scan_issue_strategy:IO issuing strategy during scrubbing. 0 = default, 1 = LBA, 2 = size (int)
parm:           zfs_scan_legacy:Scrub using legacy non-sequential method (int)
parm:           zfs_scan_checkpoint_intval:Scan progress on-disk checkpointing interval (int)
parm:           zfs_scan_max_ext_gap:Max gap in bytes between sequential scrub / resilver I/Os (ulong)
parm:           zfs_scan_mem_lim_soft_fact:Fraction of hard limit used as soft limit (int)
parm:           zfs_scan_strict_mem_lim:Tunable to attempt to reduce lock contention (int)
parm:           zfs_scan_fill_weight:Tunable to adjust bias towards more filled segments during scans (int)
parm:           zfs_resilver_disable_defer:Process all resilvers immediately (int)
parm:           zfs_dirty_data_max_percent:Max percent of RAM allowed to be dirty (int)
parm:           zfs_dirty_data_max_max_percent:zfs_dirty_data_max upper bound as % of RAM (int)
parm:           zfs_delay_min_dirty_percent:Transaction delay threshold (int)
parm:           zfs_dirty_data_max:Determines the dirty space limit (ulong)
parm:           zfs_dirty_data_max_max:zfs_dirty_data_max upper bound in bytes (ulong)
parm:           zfs_dirty_data_sync_percent:Dirty data txg sync threshold as a percentage of zfs_dirty_data_max (int)
parm:           zfs_delay_scale:How quickly delay approaches infinity (ulong)
parm:           zfs_sync_taskq_batch_pct:Max percent of CPUs that are used to sync dirty data (int)
parm:           zfs_zil_clean_taskq_nthr_pct:Max percent of CPUs that are used per dp_sync_taskq (int)
parm:           zfs_zil_clean_taskq_minalloc:Number of taskq entries that are pre-populated (int)
parm:           zfs_zil_clean_taskq_maxalloc:Max number of taskq entries that are cached (int)
parm:           zfs_livelist_max_entries:Size to start the next sub-livelist in a livelist (ulong)
parm:           zfs_livelist_min_percent_shared:Threshold at which livelist is disabled (int)
parm:           zfs_max_recordsize:Max allowed record size (int)
parm:           zfs_allow_redacted_dataset_mount:Allow mounting of redacted datasets (int)
parm:           zfs_disable_ivset_guid_check:Set to allow raw receives without IVset guids (int)
parm:           zfs_prefetch_disable:Disable all ZFS prefetching (int)
parm:           zfetch_max_streams:Max number of streams per zfetch (uint)
parm:           zfetch_min_sec_reap:Min time before stream reclaim (uint)
parm:           zfetch_max_distance:Max bytes to prefetch per stream (uint)
parm:           zfetch_max_idistance:Max bytes to prefetch indirects for per stream (uint)
parm:           zfetch_array_rd_sz:Number of bytes in a array_read (ulong)
parm:           zfs_pd_bytes_max:Max number of bytes to prefetch (int)
parm:           zfs_traverse_indirect_prefetch_limit:Traverse prefetch number of blocks pointed by indirect block (int)
parm:           ignore_hole_birth:Alias for send_holes_without_birth_time (int)
parm:           send_holes_without_birth_time:Ignore hole_birth txg for zfs send (int)
parm:           zfs_send_corrupt_data:Allow sending corrupt data (int)
parm:           zfs_send_queue_length:Maximum send queue length (int)
parm:           zfs_send_unmodified_spill_blocks:Send unmodified spill blocks (int)
parm:           zfs_send_no_prefetch_queue_length:Maximum send queue length for non-prefetch queues (int)
parm:           zfs_send_queue_ff:Send queue fill fraction (int)
parm:           zfs_send_no_prefetch_queue_ff:Send queue fill fraction for non-prefetch queues (int)
parm:           zfs_override_estimate_recordsize:Override block size estimate with fixed size (int)
parm:           zfs_recv_queue_length:Maximum receive queue length (int)
parm:           zfs_recv_queue_ff:Receive queue fill fraction (int)
parm:           zfs_recv_write_batch_size:Maximum amount of writes to batch into one transaction (int)
parm:           dmu_object_alloc_chunk_shift:CPU-specific allocator grabs 2^N objects at once (int)
parm:           zfs_nopwrite_enabled:Enable NOP writes (int)
parm:           zfs_per_txg_dirty_frees_percent:Percentage of dirtied blocks from frees in one TXG (ulong)
parm:           zfs_dmu_offset_next_sync:Enable forcing txg sync to find holes (int)
parm:           dmu_prefetch_max:Limit one prefetch call to this size (int)
parm:           zfs_dedup_prefetch:Enable prefetching dedup-ed blks (int)
parm:           zfs_dbuf_state_index:Calculate arc header index (int)
parm:           dbuf_cache_max_bytes:Maximum size in bytes of the dbuf cache. (ulong)
parm:           dbuf_cache_hiwater_pct:Percentage over dbuf_cache_max_bytes when dbufs must be evicted directly. (uint)
parm:           dbuf_cache_lowater_pct:Percentage below dbuf_cache_max_bytes when the evict thread stops evicting dbufs. (uint)
parm:           dbuf_metadata_cache_max_bytes:Maximum size in bytes of the dbuf metadata cache. (ulong)
parm:           dbuf_cache_shift:Set the size of the dbuf cache to a log2 fraction of arc size. (int)
parm:           dbuf_metadata_cache_shift:Set the size of the dbuf metadata cache to a log2 fraction of arc size. (int)
parm:           zfs_arc_min:Min arc size
parm:           zfs_arc_max:Max arc size
parm:           zfs_arc_meta_limit:Metadata limit for arc size
parm:           zfs_arc_meta_limit_percent:Percent of arc size for arc meta limit
parm:           zfs_arc_meta_min:Min arc metadata
parm:           zfs_arc_meta_prune:Meta objects to scan for prune (int)
parm:           zfs_arc_meta_adjust_restarts:Limit number of restarts in arc_evict_meta (int)
parm:           zfs_arc_meta_strategy:Meta reclaim strategy (int)
parm:           zfs_arc_grow_retry:Seconds before growing arc size
parm:           zfs_arc_p_dampener_disable:Disable arc_p adapt dampener (int)
parm:           zfs_arc_shrink_shift:log2(fraction of arc to reclaim)
parm:           zfs_arc_pc_percent:Percent of pagecache to reclaim arc to (uint)
parm:           zfs_arc_p_min_shift:arc_c shift to calc min/max arc_p
parm:           zfs_arc_average_blocksize:Target average block size (int)
parm:           zfs_compressed_arc_enabled:Disable compressed arc buffers (int)
parm:           zfs_arc_min_prefetch_ms:Min life of prefetch block in ms
parm:           zfs_arc_min_prescient_prefetch_ms:Min life of prescient prefetched block in ms
parm:           l2arc_write_max:Max write bytes per interval (ulong)
parm:           l2arc_write_boost:Extra write bytes during device warmup (ulong)
parm:           l2arc_headroom:Number of max device writes to precache (ulong)
parm:           l2arc_headroom_boost:Compressed l2arc_headroom multiplier (ulong)
parm:           l2arc_trim_ahead:TRIM ahead L2ARC write size multiplier (ulong)
parm:           l2arc_feed_secs:Seconds between L2ARC writing (ulong)
parm:           l2arc_feed_min_ms:Min feed interval in milliseconds (ulong)
parm:           l2arc_noprefetch:Skip caching prefetched buffers (int)
parm:           l2arc_feed_again:Turbo L2ARC warmup (int)
parm:           l2arc_norw:No reads during writes (int)
parm:           l2arc_meta_percent:Percent of ARC size allowed for L2ARC-only headers (int)
parm:           l2arc_rebuild_enabled:Rebuild the L2ARC when importing a pool (int)
parm:           l2arc_rebuild_blocks_min_l2size:Min size in bytes to write rebuild log blocks in L2ARC (ulong)
parm:           l2arc_mfuonly:Cache only MFU data from ARC into L2ARC (int)
parm:           zfs_arc_lotsfree_percent:System free memory I/O throttle in bytes
parm:           zfs_arc_sys_free:System free memory target size in bytes
parm:           zfs_arc_dnode_limit:Minimum bytes of dnodes in arc
parm:           zfs_arc_dnode_limit_percent:Percent of ARC meta buffers for dnodes
parm:           zfs_arc_dnode_reduce_percent:Percentage of excess dnodes to try to unpin (ulong)
parm:           zfs_arc_eviction_pct:When full, ARC allocation waits for eviction of this % of alloc size (int)
parm:           zfs_arc_evict_batch_limit:The number of headers to evict per sublist before moving to the next (int)
parm:           zfs_arc_prune_task_threads:Number of arc_prune threads (int)
odroidhc4:~:% 

odroidhc4:~:% zpool status
  pool: tank
 state: ONLINE
config:

NAME                                             STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	tank                                             ONLINE       0     0     0
	  ata-WDC_WD80EFAX-68KNBN0_VDJKU00K              ONLINE       0     0     0
	cache
	  ata-SAMSUNG_MZ7PD256HAFV-000H7_S16PNYAD800646  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

Just to add that this is achieved in straightforward manner:
1. Download CLI image from download pages

2. Install headers via armbian-config

3. Installing packages: zfs-dkms zfsutils-linux

Done. Then dealing with ZFS.

I managed to get it working!

Using `armbian-config` I upgraded my kernel to `5.15.30-meson64`. Installing the headers via `armbian-config` didn't work, nor did it work via ``apt install.

What ended up working, was downloading the appropriate dtb and headers from https://imola.armbian.com/apt/pool/main/l/linux-5.15.30-meson64/  and installed them via `dpkg`.

# dpkg -i linux-dtb-edge-meson64_22.05.0-trunk.0012_arm64.deb
# dpkg -i linux-headers-edge-meson64_22.05.0-trunk.0012_arm64.deb

Afterwards I installed zfs via the classic

# apt install zfs-dkms zfsutils-linux

My current working configuration is listed below:
armbian and kernel versions

/ _ \  __| |_ __ ___ (_) __| | | | | |/ ___| || |  
| | | |/ _` | '__/ _ \| |/ _` | | |_| | |   | || |_
| |_| | (_| | | | (_) | | (_| | |  _  | |___|__   _|
 \___/ \__,_|_|  \___/|_|\__,_| |_| |_|\____|  |_|  

Welcome to Armbian 22.02.1  with Linux 5.15.30-meson64

zfs packages

$ apt list --installed | grep zfs

libzfs4linux/bullseye-backports,now 2.1.4-1~bpo11+1 arm64 [installed,automatic]
zfs-dkms/bullseye-backports,bullseye-backports,now 2.1.4-1~bpo11+1 all [installed]
zfsutils-linux/bullseye-backports,now 2.1.4-1~bpo11+1 arm64 [installed]

zfs module

# modinfo zfs

filename:       /lib/modules/5.15.30-meson64/updates/dkms/zfs.ko.xz
version:        2.1.4-1~bpo11+1
license:        CDDL
author:         OpenZFS
description:    ZFS
alias:          devname:zfs
alias:          char-major-10-249
srcversion:     5BE782CCEBC94303BCFF768
depends:        spl,znvpair,icp,zlua,zzstd,zunicode,zcommon,zavl
name:           zfs
vermagic:       5.15.30-meson64 SMP preempt mod_unload aarch64

I see there are no more 5.15.30 files available, so I guess the link below should work now.

https://imola.armbian.com/beta/pool/main/l/linux-5.17.1-meson64/