OV5640 Armbian 5.15.25 BananaPi-M2-Zero

Chris-Reach

Upgrading to the latest Armbian build 5.15.25 on the M2-Zero has caused the camera to stop working.

I had a build from https://github.com/Qengineering/BananaPi-M2-Zero-OV5640, and ive seen my camera work with Gstreamer but i now need it to use the hardware encoding. So i used https://wvthoog.nl/nanopi-ov5640-camera/ to enable the Cedrus encoder, but upgrading the devices loses the camera and /video1.

There is no /video1, or media1.

Ive tried to edit the dts files, build and push them but no luck.

Any advice here would be good. I know there are a few topics on here on this subject, but they are all slightly different issues because of the kernel used.

Hi Chris,

welcome to this forum.

Do you have still problems enabling the Cedrus encoder?

Unfortunately we have for this board at this moment no supporter.

Anyway, on wvthoog.nl there is written you should see the device as /dev/cedar after enabling the Cedrus H264 hardware encoder.

And you skipped the first step, right?

Best,

benjamin

Hey, I wasnt sure if this should be the same post or a new one, sorry if I'm taking the thread the wrong way, but I think we might be looking at the same answer @Chris-Reach (I'm not seeing many succesful camera posts for this board!).

I managed to get motioneye working on this board, running on top of a different version of Ambian 

Armbian 23.05.0-trunk--1-PC7446-V9838-H9299-Be6c1 Lunar with bleeding edge Linux 6.2.9-sunxi

Took me a bit to get the python2.7 working, but motioneye is there and running and picks up the camera, but the camera doesnt work.

I think the camera is seen by the OS cause /dev/video0 exists - is that correct?

Can anyone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this please? Do I need to do something to recompile the kernel with support for the camera?  

image.png.bbb256c0de307349fcf15adbe9ba9480.png

image.png.d0a591588329c0754e445443b793a613.png