OdroidHC4 will not start

wolf7250

First off, could someone please help. I did not seem to be able to create this topic without a tag and the only tag it would accept was "solved". Wondering if somebody could remove the "solved" tag and add in "odroidhc4"?

I purchased a brand new odroid hc4 board with the intention of installing armbian and then subsequently OMV. My intention was/is to install Armbian on a MicroSD card.

On the downloader page I read that in order to clean boot Armbian the incompatible Petit bootloader needs to be removed.

I tried the bootloader bypass (preferred) method and that didn't seem to work for me. The board still seemed to go to the petitboot UI.

I then tried the Petitboot Console method and ran the following commands as detailed on the download page:

# flash_eraseall /dev/mtd0
# flash_eraseall /dev/mtd1
# flash_eraseall /dev/mtd2
# flash_eraseall /dev/mtd3

These all seemed to run/complete without issue. I then rebooted the board and now absolutely nothing happens. It doesn't boot to the Petitboot UI/Console and it doesn't boot to Armbian either.... Does anybody have any suggestions or wisdom that can help resolve this?

Thanks 🙂