Khadas Vim4

Igor

Judging by the photo, they did not change the placement of the elements (it remained as it was on vim3), so there will be a hardware problem of not being able to work properly USB 3.0 and WiFi at the same time.

ps Using the aml bsp kernel is  very bad idea, their kernel, for security, is full shit.

48 минут назад, Igor сказал:

Only option for some time

add here closed blobs for u-boot (in which there are hidden modules of full control for aml), which are strictly controlled and the sources are not provided to anyone,  disgusting mixture turns out. I would not risk connecting such  device to any network where there is Internet access. :)

23 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Judging by the photo, they did not change the placement of the elements (it remained as it was on vim3), so there will be a hardware problem of not being able to work properly USB 3.0 and WiFi at the same time.

I'm not familiar with that.  What causes and issue with the wifi and USB 3?

1 час назад, lanefu сказал:

I'm not familiar with that.  What causes and issue with the wifi and USB 3?

Presumably this is a crosstalk problem, USB 3.0 uses a high frequency that interferes with WiFi (the chips are too close to each other). Details are available on the khadas official forum.

I was testing Armbian support for the Rock 5B board a few weeks ago, and although it is still early it looks very promising.

So i thought i should test how it works for my Vim4 board too.. To my surprise it does not seem to supported by armbian.

Could you help explain a bit What causes this? Is it some lack of support from Amlogic and / or Khadas or What is missing for the Khadas Vim4 boards to be supported by Armbian? (Maybe link to somewhere where a discussion on the subject is ongoing?)