OrangePi 4 LTS

Cutaneus

OPi4 and OPi4-LTS using different hardware, therefore independent images are needed. Unfortunately nobody has time to deal with that. Feel free to volunteer and add the necessary code to make it work if you can.

Hello, the device support is in WIP: https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/3770

It works very well currently, the only major missing feature is bluetooth: the driver crashes and I still had no chances to investigate reasons.

As soon as I will be able to properly test an Ubuntu Jammy image with desktop enabled, it will be merged into mainline armbian.

Hi,

OPI4 LTS is currently supported in armbian master build on github. I have compiled image for my OPI4 LTS and I can say that everything is working fine WiFi, BT, Analog audio. Many thanks for this guys especially to Paolo for his PRs, great work!

I have downloaded the image and have a quick test last night, i found the following issues: 

#1. 5GHZ wifi not working (2.4GHZ works)

#2. USB-C  not working

#3. Asus 2.5g USB dongle (AS-U2.5G2) on USB 3 only have about 300mbs throughput

My existing OPi4LTS is a OMV server with few docker stacks, with a 3TB 3.5inch SATA connected to the minipcie SATA controller and also the Asus 2.5gbe USB dongle on USB-c. The image I used is the Buster for Orange Pi 4 (not lts). Why Buster? Refer to the documentation, the USB-C is official supported by Buster, so I can have a spare USB3 for other device. Because the RTL8125B (2.5gbe) driver is not included in Buster, I have to download the source from Realtek.

As my setup have a lan connection to the wifi router, I'm happy with the OPi4 image even without the wifi support. So I may not consider to upgrade my setting to Jammy if the USB-C support is not provided.

On 6/28/2022 at 9:35 AM, t9097 said:

I have downloaded the image and have a quick test last night, i found the following issues: 

#1. 5GHZ wifi not working (2.4GHZ works)

#2. USB-C  not working

#3. Asus 2.5g USB dongle (AS-U2.5G2) on USB 3 only have about 300mbs throughput

My existing OPi4LTS is a OMV server with few docker stacks, with a 3TB 3.5inch SATA connected to the minipcie SATA controller and also the Asus 2.5gbe USB dongle on USB-c. The image I used is the Buster for Orange Pi 4 (not lts). Why Buster? Refer to the documentation, the USB-C is official supported by Buster, so I can have a spare USB3 for other device. Because the RTL8125B (2.5gbe) driver is not included in Buster, I have to download the source from Realtek.

As my setup have a lan connection to the wifi router, I'm happy with the OPi4 image even without the wifi support. So I may not consider to upgrade my setting to Jammy if the USB-C support is not provided.

Updated:

USB-C issues resolved after following the instruction from Akeo:

Now the 2.5Gb network has a resonable iperf3 throughput of about 1.8Gb/s

However I found that the desktop is very unstable when using internet browser (chromium or firefox ) . The broad will reboot when playing utube videos or browsing website.

@t9097 Thanks for reporting the issues with USB3, I've been away this whole week for work and I will check as soon as I can.

About the unstable system, well I didn't experience such unstable system on my Opi4 LTS, watched youtube and other videos without issues to be honest.

I'm unable to get my compile of Armbian desktop version to work on Orange Pi 4 LTS. I used the most recent file, wrote the .img to my SD card using Balena Etcher, and now when I go to load it in the OPi I get no HDMI signal. There's red and green lights on the box and I've been able to get it to load the Orange Pi Ubuntu version successfully, so as far as I know it's not a hardware issue. I'm not sure what's going on here. 

Armbian version: Armbian_22.08.2_Orangepi4-lts_jammy_current_5.15.69_xfce_desktop