Helios64 - No boot, No serial line, No fan, some LEDs

Nemavio

Hello,

I received recently an Helios64 from a new friend,

However, when I get home, I plug it in, turn it on (already I have to press the power button for 4 seconds to get some life) and I get the following LEDs lit up:

- LED1

- LED2

- LED3

- LED5

- LED6

i got nothing on the serial line (tested on MacOS and Windows), and no reaction when I do quick and long press on Recovery nor Reset.

Is there some electronic schematic that could help me to debug hardware or procedure to get JTAG access to the RK3399 ?

Regards,

Hello and Welcome,

in diagnostic Mode, 

0. remove all hard drives SD/PCI/Sata, check the position of all jumpers on the motherboard, and the connections inside the case.

1. remove the metal backplate and plug your USB C cable directly into the helios64 motherboard if you get a putty access in COM it is stupidly a known problem.

2. take a valid Armbian image, install it with the Win32DiskImager program on a SanDisk SD card, put it in helios64, plug Helios64 in ETH0 on your network, turn it on and wait for it to flashled System, run a network diagnostic, get the ip of the nas and run SSH on it. 

3. Call your friend and ask him what the hell happened with the Helios64. 

Hello, 

your helios64 has 3 options to run the bootloader (SPI, Emmc and SD) 

without a proper bootloader the motherboard will light up some tension LEDs... Your helios64 is at this moment only a 5w toaster, 
because no instructions for the support of modules and hardware nodes are executed at startup.

we can assume that if the jumpers were missing, that maybe your friend was using a homemade boot code on the SPI (not armbian) or failed to put the jumpers back after a manipulation and the SPI was empty, the board was powered up and that's all.

Nevertheless, you are now in control of your Helios64 with Bootloader on SD card slot.