apt-get upgrade makes OrangePiLite unable to boot

lupus666

Hi,

I have recently called apt-get upgrade (with my regular installation and also with a fresh one) and after trying to extract armbian-firmware (I think it was that name but I'm not totally sure) dpkg returns an error. All other packages are installed without error.

Unfortunately the OrangePiLite then hangs on next boot.

I guess this package is broken in the repositories? Has anybody else encountered this issue?

In last build we made lot of changes to most of the packages and it looks like one file is now in different package. That brings up an error but it's fixable with:

sudo apt-get install -f

In last build we made lot of changes to most of the packages and it looks like one file is now in different package. That brings up an error but it's fixable with:

sudo apt-get install -f

stupid question, im having a Op One. Yesterday i upgraded and i can faintly remember a errormsg aswell, however it was late and i just shut my box down and went to bed. Today it does not boot anymore. It could very well be that i have the same issue.

So my (stupid question) How can type sudo apt-get install -f now? i dont have a HDMI capable monitor and my only method of getting "in" is ssh.

i went out, got myself a USB to TTL Connector, connected it. properly but nothing. Putty stays black

The "unbrick the system" link is not really helpful unfortunatly. Thanks anyway.

Have you tried to mount the SD card on other computer?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Have you tried to mount the SD card on other computer?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

yep, card works, like a charm most of what the links say and require me to do however...goes well over my head, also i have no PC running linux at home only a livestick and with that i cant use a VPN, and without a VPN i basically cannot open 80% of western Websites (china...).

Since an upgrade brought the "brick" (i presume) i dont think reinstalling will fix the issue since an upgrade will brick it all over again, unfortunatly i have only 1-2 hours at most each day available for my tinkering and the rest i have to take care of Work, Family etc. Sure if im determined i can do it, but as i said...i dont have the time for it. Fortunately though i have not saved any VITAL information on my Pi. So i think i will be trying other distro`s which put more emphasis on stability since i just dont have the technical know-how to fix Expert issues.

So i think i will be trying other distro`s which put more emphasis on stability since i just dont have the technical know-how to fix Expert issues.

Upgrade was not issued properly - you continued even an error (which you did no understand?) was popped out ... so you have to blame yourself. I give you a hint how to do recovery or if you haven't got any major data, rather start with a clean build.

If you would ask this before reboot, we could give you a clean an proper solution. Our last update was an large one and even we made lot's of test, some bugs went trough.  

Please let me know when you find more polished distro. I am always happy to learn.

Upgrade was not issued properly - you continued even an error (which you did no understand?) was popped out ... so you have to blame yourself. I give you a hint how to do recovery or if you haven't got any major data, rather start with a clean build.

If you would ask this before reboot, we could give you a clean an proper solution. Our last update was an large one and even we made lot's of test, some bugs went trough.  

Please let me know when you find more polished distro. I am always happy to learn.

Well i must say im a bit too used to x86`s the OP1 was my dabble into arm. I used linux pretty heavily before 2009 i think. When something on my normal PC went "kaput" before...it usually was not dealbreaker, and even if it was a tougher problem to deal with i usually had the time to fix it. I had a look see and i didnt really find the right "fit" distrowise so i think i will stay with armbian for the time being but hit the "Upgrade" button only if there is need. Maybe this weekend i will find time to do a reinstall.

Fortunately i have all my /home/ Data on separate drives (as a raid) which i think i can fit into a new system.