Defconfig location for OrangePi 4 kernel

6 часов назад, Werner сказал:

Hi,

I suggest you ask here: http://www.orangepi.org/orangepibbsen/forum.php

We cannot provide support for 3rd party sources.

OK, do you have Linux 5.10 kernel sources for Rockchip64? I've looked in armbian repo, but they are missing now. I need exactly 5.10. Wayback Machine shows that 5.10 sources were present there too, but they had been removed later.

09.05.2022 в 15:49, Werner сказал:

Sources are pulled from upstream

These patches are applied over: https://github.com/armbian/build/tree/master/patch/kernel/archive/rockchip64-5.10

This patchset is for archive purpose only since rockchip64-current branch has been bumped to 5.15.y

OK. Thank you! Could I apply these patches directly to kernel sources from kernel.org? Is there any exact order required for applying these patches? I'm trying to figure out how many of them are required for building kernel for Orange Pi 4.

5 hours ago, MVoloshin said:

I'm trying to figure out how many of them are required for building kernel for Orange Pi 4.

This is open source. What prevents anyone to study the code? And understand this world a bit more before starting (too?) difficult path. 

Kernel you are asking defconfig about and kernel Armbian is providing can be  / are very different. Perhaps thousands of hours diff. Kernel 5.10.y from Orange has many dirty hacks which nobody will not even look into ... and if you want analysis of that diff, Armbian will certainly not provide that. We have no time and we had it, the answer would be the same.

if you are curious, this forum and the code has many answers ... search forums, peek into the code, tell others what you have find out. People that understand it are busy and rare.

I highly recommend you to build the kernel the recommended way. If not, good luck, you will need it. In order to not waste too much time answering the same over and over again https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_FAQ/

And. This is forum where many people are solving difficult questions. Forum. Make friends, help community helping you. And thank you for supporting Armbian.

Welcome!

19 hours ago, MVoloshin said:

Could I apply these patches directly to kernel sources from kernel.org?

Yes but no idea if more recent minor versions break any of them. You have to check by yourself.

Is there any exact order required for applying these patches?

Order automatically applies by naming.

I'm trying to figure out how many of them are required for building kernel for Orange Pi 4.

No idea. As mentioned above you have to check for yourself if there are any you can skip.