[Pull Request] - update rockchip64-edge to 5.18

RSS Bot

Description

Update kernel of rockchip64-edge to 5.18. Some wifi module failed to compile so I disable them (CONFIG_RTL8822CS, CONFIG_RTL8821CU, CONFIG_88XXAU)

Remove u-boot patch for rk35xx 0001-Lower-the-priority-of-EFI-to-be-after-DOS-partition.patch because I can't reproduce issue #3271 @catalinii described.

Regenerate patches of rk356x (for rock-3a) based on mainline (linux-next).

Copy all the other board patches from rockchip64-5.17 and modified some patches to make them successfully applied to kernel 5.18. Here are the details: 1, add-rockchip-iep-driver.patch modified since source tree change 2, general-emmc-hs400es-init-tweak.patch deleted since merged in 5.18 3, board-pbp-add-dp-alt-mode.patch modified since upstream file update 4, board-pbp-add-suspend.patch modified since upstream file update 5, add-csgpio-to-rockchip-spi.patch deleted since api change 6, board-firefly-rk3399-dts.patch modified since upstream update

Some other boards use rockchip64 family, but I only have rock3a on my hand. @armbian/board-maintainers have to test this kernel.

How Has This Been Tested?

Please describe the tests that you ran to verify your changes. Please also note any relevant details for your test configuration.

• [x] Patches are applied successfully
  • [x] Rock3A runs ok. @catalinii you can try this new kernel

Checklist:

• [x] My code follows the style guidelines of this project
  • [x] I have performed a self-review of my own code
  • [ ] I have commented my code, particularly in hard-to-understand areas
  • [ ] I have made corresponding changes to the documentation
  • [x] My changes generate no new warnings
  • [ ] Any dependent changes have been merged and published in downstream modules

View the full article

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines