[Pull Request] - [bootenv/rockchip] Force cgroup v1 usage

RSS Bot

Description

This commit forces cgroup v1 usage as a workaround for docker / runc BPF issues until a proper fix is submitted

Context

Docker 20.10+ cannot run on our Asus Tinkerboard, it throws BPF related errors (Like opencontainers/runc#2959 , especially this comment). I tried a lot of armbian flavors (focal, jammy, bullseye + current, edge and legacy kernels), and even building an image with CONFIG_BPF_SYSCALL=y as suggested by this comment but it didn't fix the issue. The only thing that fixed docker was to add extraargs=systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=0 to /boot/armbianEnv.txt.

Until someone else does a proper fix to make cgroup v2 working, I suggest downgrading to cgroup v1 with this extraarg.

How Has This Been Tested?

• [x] Tested on Asus Tinkerboard with latest 5.15 stable kernel from apt repository.
  • [ ] :x: NOT tested with edge and legacy kernels (Sorry I had to quickly put the machine into production and didn't have time to test other kernels)

Checklist:

• [x] My code follows the style guidelines of this project
  • [x] I have performed a self-review of my own code
  • [x] I have commented my code, particularly in hard-to-understand areas
  • [ ] I have made corresponding changes to the documentation => Does it need a documentation change ?
  • [x] My changes generate no new warnings
  • [x] Any dependent changes have been merged and published in downstream modules

View the full article

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines