Need help identifying Android TV Box, selecting boot device

SpOUT

Hey all, trying to throw a Linux distro on an Android TV Box I found at Goodwill.

Not too much info on what company makes it, what the specs are etc. -- it's unfortunately too old to connect to the Google Play Store at this point (running android Jellybean).

The only markings on it are on the top of the case saying RBOX, but I have yet to find any other device like it on any site. It's a red and black square case, for what that's worth.

I also haven't been able to boot to the BIOS/bootloader menu, even holding the reset button -- all that happens is the little Android mascot says its loading then after a few seconds it "dies" (red triangle-shaped thing above the body) only to reboot again. I can boot to the normal OS just fine, but cant do much once there.

As such, I haven't found a way to boot off of a USB stick, SD card, etc. just whatever is built in to it.

Any help, advice, or info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Some more information would be helpful.  Like at least a picture of the box.  You could also open the box and get the CPU info from the chip markimgs, and the board will have a model/version number on it.  Short of that we are just guessing.

@SteeManno, that's not the one I have, but thanks for searching.
I tried looking at the chip info but couldn't tell where to look -- do you have an example to show me where to find the chip and/or board information?

Currently having trouble posting pics (Error code: -200)

16 hours ago, SteeMan said:

Just post a good quality picture of both sides of the motherboard

I've been trying to post photos, but I keep getting the same error on this site -- not sure what it's about.