Unable to compile from source

Alsan Wong

I'm trying to recompile the image from source (because I want the kernel with SATA PMP support, and I got the SATA port multiplier and 3 drives ready), but failed in the last step. As the attached image, the problem should be caused by "Device or resource busy".

I'm using a fresh downloaded Ubuntu 16.4 VB image and follow every instructions in github.

So, how can I get rid of it? Am I missing something? Thanks.

post-1695-0-37309000-1474676226_thumb.png

Why don't you recompile kernel only if you need this tiny change and install this new kernel? I see from this screen, that it was done successfully. 

Beware when upgrading since if you use our tools, recreated kernel will be overwritten at next update.

If I am right, the errors are coming from this two lines

chroot $CACHEDIR/sdcard /bin/bash -c "cd /root/tools/temper/src; make clean" >> $DEST/debug/tools-build.log 2>&1
chroot $CACHEDIR/sdcard /bin/bash -c "cd /root/tools/temper/src; make $CTHREADS" >> $DEST/debug/tools-build.log 2>&1

in lib/extras/tools.sh.

But why?

I was able to build armbian from source till last week. Suddenly I got this error. For building I'm using a VirtualBox Ubuntu 16 64 bit. I setup a new VM, errors still there. I downloaded the lib again, errors still there.

What can I do?