42 42
chocho

Armbian for Amlogic S912

Ok so, you made me realize that it is actually possible to brick a box only by messing with disk formatting.

I first though that, as with a regular computer, only firmware upgrade can brick the mother board. I'll be taking a look at proper firmware flash on freaktab. But from what I have seen one should not expect a high success rate from this method.

How can I find the dtb file for my M8S Pro L (s912, 3GB ram)? 
btw, when I use "dd" to write image to sdcard, insert SD card and apply power, android logo still shows up, I dont know why 

On 10/12/2018 at 3:45 PM, gnthibault said:

Ok so, you made me realize that it is actually possible to brick a box only by messing with disk formatting.

I first though that, as with a regular computer, only firmware upgrade can brick the mother board. I'll be taking a look at proper firmware flash on freaktab. But from what I have seen one should not expect a high success rate from this method.

Good news, I bought a USB A male to USB A male on a Win10 64bits, and I was able to unbrick my H96pro+ box, following a tutorial like this one:

USB keybaord is not recognized by H96 PRO+ 3G/32G with Armbian_5.64_Aml-s9xxx_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.19.0-rc7_desktop_20181019.img. I used gxm_q200.dtb as dtb.img. Any help or idea? My idea was to move it to EMMC, if everything works.

Edit 1: Further i edited uenv.ini and elinux.conf to point to correct dtb in dtb folder. Post that was able to set username and password, but post that it is a blank screen with blinking cursor.

Edit 2: Armbian_5.60_Aml-s9xxx_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.18.7_desktop_20180928.img worked for me

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk