Rotate ArmBian logo in startup splash screen

José Santos

Hi All!

Can anyone help me about rotate de ArmBian logo in startup splash screen?

I am working with LCD Display and I want change the logo rotation to portrait mode.

Orange Pi PC and Armbian_22.05.1_Orangepipc_focal_current_5.15.43_xfce_desktop.img.xz.

Display - 7" HDMI Display 1024 x 600

Whats-App-Image-2022-06-20-at-10-50-49.j

Hello Jose,

While I don't have a direct answer for you, maybe I can get you going in the right direction.

I believe the following forum post documents a good portion of what you are wanting to do: 

In your case the most simplistic approach would be to manually rotate the image it's self and replace boot.bmp in /boot on the board,  I believe (don't quote me).

Give it a go and let us know if this helps you with your issue.

Cheers!

Hi All!

Because the file /boot/logo.bmp contains another logo(armbian / initializing boot loader) and the logo that I want to rotate shows "armbian / universal operating system", I could not change it, them I adopted another approach:

- The approach that I used was build armbian and do somethings before the construction:

1- Change the file build/packages/blobs/splash/logo.png with the new image (with the rotation that I want);

2- Modify script build/lib/general.sh function boot_logo() to change the spinner position (parameter --pic_position to 0x07).

That's it

With the current release (23.2) Armbian has moved to using the Plymouth package for the boot screen (for most if not all boards).  I personally don't know much about it, but  the resource files are in /usr/share/plymouth/themes/armbian