Can anyone think of a reason why moving boot from SD to EMMC would screw up networking for Docker images

JnrJedi

I have a weird issue where I have everything working as I want it a few different services running in docker (Pi-Hole, Motioneye, Home Assistant, Emby) and all their individual management pages are accessible. However as soon as i move the install over to emmc, all networking seems to break, with services no longer working, but some admin pages report everything is fine. Pi-Hole for example shows as running but no devices accessing the dns cant load webpages and the pi-hole management pages stop showing any further queries received.

ive repeated the process of doing a clean install to sd , everything fine. move to emmc stops working ☹️

the approach is fundamentally wrong. first, install the system on eMMC and only then, start installing all your additional software and configuring. When installing on eMMC, the rights of other settings that are rigidly tied to container generation and so on may change.

That is how i did it to begin with, but the container behaviour was the same, it was only after a couple of reinstall attempts that i played with setting all up on sd card, where it all worked fine, untill the point i then moved boot to emmc