[CNX-Software] - Mekotronics R58 review – Part 1: Rockchip RK3588 mini PC unboxing & teardown

RSS Bot

Mekotronics R58 review Rockchip RK3588 mini PC

Mekotronics R58 is a cost-optimized Rockchip RK3588 mini PC and SBC that sells for as little as $169 with 4GB and 32GB eMMC flash. The company has now sent me a model with 8GB RAM and 64GB flash for evaluation, and in the first part of the review, I’ll do an unboxing, check out the hardware more closely, and boot it up for a quick check. Mekotronics R58 Unboxing There’s no retail package so to speak with just a white box and a sticker reading “MINI 8+64G” indicating the RAM and storage capacity for the device. The mini PC ships with a 12V/3A power adapter and cord, an IR remote control with two AAA batteries, two WiFi antennas, an HDMI cable, and a USB-A to USB-C cable probably to flash the firmware if needed. The mini PC is housed in a metal enclosure with plenty of ventilation holes at the [...]

The post Mekotronics R58 review – Part 1: Rockchip RK3588 mini PC unboxing & teardown appeared first on CNX Software - Embedded Systems News.

View the full article

Hello I got this box and would like to discuss issues with fellow users. I am running Debian on it and it works GREAT. And fast and fluid too. Libre Office, Firefox, Youtube all look fantastic and work super snappy. Only installing new software seems to have issues: Gimp, CodeBlocks, Gparted do not install and/or work. Possibly Wayland related, but disabling Wayland crashes the box.

Kind regards,

Bas

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines