BananaPi M2 how to disable wifi and enable eth connection?

apuokas

hallo, for bananapim2 i can build jammy legacy and current, cli and xfce, on my pc-ubuntu-jammy. I just coppy bananapim2.eos to bananapim2.conf, removed box86 files while my pc-ubuntu-jammy seems have problems with build-script to download addition softaware from some git or ppa. Current-jammy goes off on boot on "starting kernel", but if i build with linux-sunxi-legacy.config renamed to linux-sunxi-current.config, boot is successful. On all builds i cannt becomme LAN over eth0, but wifi is ok. I can see eth0 and wlan on Networkmanager(cli too) and ifconfig. I tryed to disable all broadcom drivers i knew thru blacklisting, but wifi is working. Configuring NetworkManager and network/interfaces and armbian-config made no changes. There is a text file in boot folder on SD named "first_run.template" or something. This file if configured like in description, should make eth0 to be LAN connection if renamed to .txt. But this way not worked. What i can find by googling, it seems that this board can have just one LAN connection: eth or wlan, one should be disabled. Maybe there is any way to configure it thru boot.* or *.Env file? Or maybe there can be two *.dtb files: one for run board with wlan and another for eth? Can someone configure *.dtb file for eth? Best regards.

50 minutes ago, apuokas said:

Is there an option to edit my post?

Editing is only possible a certain amount of time after posting to prevent abuse.

50 minutes ago, apuokas said:

is there a way to make LAN connection over eth0 instead wlan0 on bananapi-m2?

Um.. Just plug in a network cable? 😅

Maybe your question was not clear enough in the short version.

Actually it was not  meant to be. Abuse of edit function is an issue we were facing frequently and therefore limits had been adjusted. So the obvious option would be to post the same text again as suggested with some additional formatting to increase readability.

For the rest my answer I did not bother with the initial wall of text, only took your "very short" version which has been answered.