Get rid of clubs altogether?

Thinking about completely removing clubs. Other clubs that tvboxes are pretty much unused and latter could be migrated into unsupported forums.

Clubs themselves can be confusing. They work similar to forums but have different arrangement of things. Also they partially lack of moderating options that common forums provide.

Thoughts?

In general I think this is a good move.

Specifically I'm assuming your proposal is to replace the TV boxes link under "Unmaintained (CSC/EOL/TVB) / Other" with the content from the TV Boxes Club.

1 hour ago, SteeMan said:

your proposal is to replace the TV boxes link under "Unmaintained (CSC/EOL/TVB) / Other" with the content from the TV Boxes Club.

correct

I'm not sure it is a good move. I mean, from a management point of view probably it looks like it is the right thing to do, but doing this could lead users into confusion and let them make lot of posts in the wrong places again like before?

This should be much better now that every device has its own subforum, but the average user just does not understand what armbian means with "unsupported" or "CSC". I guess that there would be a TV Boxes subforum in the "unsupported" section. That could work for me.

I'm not against the move, but the tvboxes subforum would indeed require other nested subforums (one per each vendor) as is it right now.

The "overview" feature was indeed very useful, it's a pity to lose that IMHO, but I think we can survive its removal.

I forgot about the overview feature.  That certainly would be missed.  But I would think it should be possible to somehow recreate that functionality.  If you don't know, the club overview feature is a simple search that shows the most recent posts in the entire club.  Very useful for jock and myself to catch up on responding to posts in the tv box area.

While the forum has a similar feature that shows everything new for the entire forum I don't know of a way to restrict it to a subsection. Of the forum.

As far as jocks other points, I believe users are going to be confused wherever the tv box forum is located.  But it isn't difficult as a mod to move a post to the correct location.  I already do that for a good number of posts in the current format.

I'd keep the sub-forums like they are in the overview now.

Would look like this

grafik.png

But of course it calls "Tv boxes" in top and below instead of Clearfog ist says: "Allwinner, Rockchip, General...." and so on.

That would be my approach.

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines