resolv.conf not a link?

arloth

I've got a quick question about the Armbian Ubuntu Xenial install.  I want to make sure I'm not in the wrong here before looking around for where to submit a bug report.  It seems that at least on the C2s, & NanoPI Neos that I have that the /etc/resolv.conf file is not a link to /run/resolvconf/resolv.conf.   That doesn't seem right to me, is there a reason it's a regular file and not a link?

It messes things up when moving the computer to different networks as it doesn't update with new DNS settings.  Possibly more glaringly it could be a security issue for those unaware or not paying attention while using things like openvpn.

Possibly more glaringly it could be a security issue for those unaware or not paying attention while using things like openvpn.

Well, for MY security, I wouldn't rely on automatic network configuration inherited from the black box of my internet provider ...

I've got a quick question about the Armbian Ubuntu Xenial install.  I want to make sure I'm not in the wrong here before looking around for where to submit a bug report.  It seems that at least on the C2s, & NanoPI Neos that I have that the /etc/resolv.conf file is not a link to /run/resolvconf/resolv.conf.   That doesn't seem right to me, is there a reason it's a regular file and not a link?

It messes things up when moving the computer to different networks as it doesn't update with new DNS settings.  Possibly more glaringly it could be a security issue for those unaware or not paying attention while using things like openvpn.

yes, you are right. 

thats why after every fresh install i run 

sudo dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf

yes, you are right. 

thats why after every fresh install i run 

sudo dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf