Installation Instructions Obselete?

CryBaby

46 минут назад, CryBaby сказал:

It runs successfully

attach the output of the script execution. I suspect that you have enabled additional options that have changed the contents of SPI, you have enabled the bootloader from SPI and no updates will work until you erase the contents of SPI. The details were in this topic.

root@station-p2:~# sudo /vendor/p2-station-update-uboot 
16384+0 records in
16384+0 records out
8388608 bytes (8.4 MB, 8.0 MiB) copied, 0.378473 s, 22.2 MB/s
8192+0 records in
8192+0 records out
4194304 bytes (4.2 MB, 4.0 MiB) copied, 0.159035 s, 26.4 MB/s

I have had this P2 for a year and have updated to the latest Station OS, and enabled/disabled the OS Bootloader several times.

I have of course studied that thread. I was hoping your fix was in the latest Station OS update but I guess not.

It is not clear to me how to erase the SPI as you suggest. There are some advanced options that might do it in the OS Bootloader. I worry that I may end up unable to boot anything.

24 минуты назад, Sloth сказал:

can you cite the post on how to get around it?  I only see someone saying they did it.

I have no idea how the users did it.

I have already killed one instance of M2 (no P2) by experimenting with the u-boot loader. :)

Firefly sent me a replacement, but I don't think they will regularly replace equipment that I may break during experiments. You can ask the manufacturer for recommendations (instructions) on how to completely erase u-boot from SPI. Or for them to fix their version of u-boot SPI for p2 and it immediately had support for launching from external media of any system. On the new m2 instance, a new u-boot is already in use, which does not require an update. Therefore, the manufacturer has fixed u-boot for M2 and similarly it can fix u-boot for P2. Or you send me an additional sample of P2, on which I will experiment and create a new u-boot for SPI on P2.