Desktop Environment doesn't start after logging in

George22

Hi there, I'm a newbie in armbian.

I have a generic amlogic s905x2 android box and used "Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_buster_current_5.9.0.img.xz" (downloaded from "https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/arm-64/") to boot from my SD.

I saw in some videos that after logging in, it continues to desktop environment. (I've attached those images together with my test result)

But when I started armbian and logged in, after appearing the message "Please use this account for your daily work from now on." it continued with terminal and did not start the desktop environment. I've tried a couple of times but it continues with terminal. How can I start the desktop environment?

I've tested these dtb files and I don't think the problem has anything to do with this :

meson-g12a-x96-max.dtb
meson-g12a-gt1-mini-a.dtb

Thank you in advance.

armbian.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

7 minutes ago, George22 said:

Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_buster_current_5.9.0.img.xz

You have downloaded the server version (command line interface only).  What you want is one of the downloads with *desktop* in the name, like: Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0_desktop.img.xz

Note: there is no buster desktop version, only bullseye and focal desktops.

You have downloaded the server version (command line interface only).  What you want is one of the downloads with *desktop* in the name, like: Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0_desktop.img.xz

Note: there is no buster desktop version, only bullseye and focal desktops.

Thanks! That worked. I used the bullseye desktop version. Although it crushes a lot, does not connect to the net, and is not suitable for everyday use, I liked the experience.