Rock64 unable to update to latest kernel

Cheesethief

A month or two back, when I installed Armbian, I had to revert to an older kernel, 5.10.63-rockchip64, which has known vulnerabilities. I needed to be able to boot off of a USB 3 HDD, so I had to revert it and hold updates for the kernel/kernel headers. 

These are the commands I used to revert to the older kernel:

sudo apt install linux-dtb-current-rockchip64=21.08.2 linux-image-current-rockchip64=21.08.2
sudo apt-mark hold linux-dtb-current-rockchip64 linux-image-current-rockchip64

Fast forward to today, where the issue with USB 3 has been apparently resolved in the latest kernel, I tried to unhold the kernel/kernel header updates, that seemed to work. But after running an update, nothing. It's still showing 5.10.63-rockchip64 when it should be 5.15.63rockchip64. I tried to run firmware updates and everything, still not updating the kernel. 

It still also says Armbian 22.05.3 Jammy.

In Armbian Config, the latest kernel I can choose from seems to be one with borked USB3 support, linux-image-current-rockchip64=22.05.3  5.15.48-rockchip64. If I select this kernel, my OS will be bricked since I would not be able to boot off of the USB HDD. linux-image-current-rockchip64=22.08.1  5.15.63-rockchip64 should technically exist as it is the current Armbian release for this board, but it is nowhere to be found in Armbian Config and even after doing an unhold, the system will not update to the latest borked kernel either. 

Edited by Cheesethief