Rock Pi 4B with NVME: ALERT! /dev/mmcblk0p1 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!

Rafig

Hello, 

I have been using Armbian OS on Rock Pi 4B. Full system is on NVME, not using SD card, and there is no eMMC chip on the board. During usage, I needed to shut it down improperly: by removing power cable, not through

sudo shutdown now

In the end I have following message during boot:

photo-5235807860062011502-y.jpg

Also, here is contents of dev folder:

photo-5235807860062011501-y.jpg

I was wondering if it is possible to fix this error. If not, I will reinstall with new image. Just spent much time on setting the environment, don't want to redo this all :)

I would appreciate any help.

Sounds like the boot device is wrong.  It's trying to boot from internal flash that doesn't exist.  I would flash an SD card and boot from that (I think SD cards take precedence over NVME), then use that to fix whatever is broken.

Not sure if editing the root device in /boot/armbianEnv.txt is adequate or not, but you should change it to a UUID so that it is unambiguous and won't break if device order/count changes or whatever, e.g.

rootdev=UUID=ae350ad9-22f5-46a1-9508-98af2fe9ba52

Thank you very much for assistance.

I know that SD card boots, I was just wondering if it is possible to restore the system. I guess corruption happens in OS held in NVME and is not fixable. I didn't do anything related to UUID, it is the default one.