[CNX-Software] - Khadas VIM1S low-profile SBC features Amlogic S905Y4 quad-core Cortex-A35 SoC

RSS Bot

Khadas VIM1S

Khadas VIM1S is an upcoming low-profile single board computer powered by an Amlogic S905Y4 quad-core Cortex-A35 processor that’s meant to provide an upgrade to the Amlogic S905X-powered Khadas VIM SBC introduced in 2016, and since then renamed to Khadas VIM1. Khadas has been teasing two new SBCs: the low-end Khadas VIM1S with S905Y4 SoC, and the most powerful Khadas Edge2 board equipped with a Rockchip RK3588S octa-core Cortex-A76/A55 processor. I have received both as you can clearly see from the photo above :), but I’m only allowed to write about information available publicly at this time, so today I’ll introduce the Khadas VIM1S which looks just like the VIM1 board. Khadas VIM1S specifications with highlights in bold showing the differences against the VIM1 Pro model: SoC – Amlogic S905Y4 quad-core Arm Cortex-A35 @ up to 2.0 GHz (real frequency) with Arm Mali-G31 MP2 GPU @ up to 850 MHz MCU – [...]

The post Khadas VIM1S low-profile SBC features Amlogic S905Y4 quad-core Cortex-A35 SoC appeared first on CNX Software - Embedded Systems News.

View the full article

On 11/22/2022 at 3:54 AM, terrorpup said:

was wondering when will Armbian Bulleyes will be release for the board?

You can try to make an image from stock u-boot and kernel if you like. Just proceed this way: https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Adding-Board-Family/ but it is unknown how much of work that represent. I can be an easy job, but can also take weeks to months.