Odroid HC4 Armbian Bullseye 11 OMV6 won't boot

fscii

I do not have petitboot installed.  I ran the Armbian buster with OMV5 for over a year.  I decided to make a clean install and booted Armbian bullseye 11.  I changed hostname and rebooted (curiously reboot doesn't reboot the hc4, why?).

I used armbian-config to install OMV.  Installation completed, brought me back to armbian-config and prompted to reboot.  I hit reboot (then was forced to power cycle as hc4 won't come back to life after a soft-boot?). 

Note that I was able to power cycle and get a good boot BEFORE omv installed but not after.

At that point Odroid hc4 never comes back online.  I've been through this 3 times today.  I gave it as long as 30 minutes but doesn't respond even to pings.  It does get the blue led blinking denoting successful kernel load. 

How do I get past this?!  (I've tried with and without armbian-config's update upgrade with firmware, the full firmware option etc)  Nothing is working. 

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Yeah I second it, have tried exactly the same and no sign of life after installing script: wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash

However ofter first run of that script I had uknown error with network adapter so I did once not reboot and run the script seconf time and no errors however end message is long and indicating something is wrong with network adapter setup.

Synchronizing state of proftpd.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.
Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install disable proftpd
Removing network-manager and dhcpcd5 ...
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Package 'dhcpcd5' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'network-manager' is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Enable and start systemd-resolved ...
Unblocking wifi with rfkill ...
eth0 already found in database.  Skipping...
It is recommended to reboot and then setup the network adapter in the openmediavault web interface.
root@odroidhc4:~#

Maybe that will help with traubleshooting.

It is not limited to Armbian.  I tried ODROID's version of debian 11 (See report here: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=203&t=45228&p=355103#p355103 ).  I was able to actually get into omv, configure it (I didn't touch eth0 sadly) and upon reboot = DOA.  Also there's an open issue now on github omv (Armbian flavor) https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/issues/106

Looks like its fixed, giving it another shot now.  Meanwhile I have to ask you, from armbian commandline does "reboot" command work and reboot for you?  For me it just powers off and I need to power cycle it.

I used to use a cron job in omv to reboot once a week but now I can't even do it from the command line.

Nevermind, figured it out.  And the script fix got OMV6 operational!

Edited by fscii