Upgrade to Linux 5.19 ?

freezr

Dear All,

I am using Jammy with kernel 5.18 on hold, but yesterday I noticed very important updates that were kept back because the kernel is locked, such s:

• armbian-bsp-cli-odroidhca
  • armbian-firmware
  • linux-dtb-edge-meson64
  • linux-headers-edge-meson64
  • linux-image-edge-meson64
  • linux-u-boot-odroidhc4-edge

I wonder if is worth to update or if I had better to stick with my current setup, where my main feature — ZFS — is working.

What's your recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

F.

11 minutes ago, freezr said:

I think I won't update, also using a PPA doesn't excite me that much so I'll stick with the current setup looking forward for any improvements!

I choose to move away from repository under our control to PPA simply because I hardly find time to see my kids and nobody else care ... until its changed on worse. If we as a community (I can fix this for myself this way or another) want to have all those segments under better control, no PPA involved, automated testing of this feature and similar ... this project need help on a daily basis. I am afraid not many other options.

@Igor My apologize if I sounded disrespectful, it wasn't my intention!

I got your points and as father I do respect your willing to prioritize your family. What you do really deserve more especially from all the hardware vendors that make money also because you made their SoCs fully working.