Converting file to ISO

armband
Go to solution Solved by usual user,

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to convert the img.xz file into a usable ISO file to boot onto a USB drive. I have no idea, tried using a few converter tools and they don't seem to be doing the job. Anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Thank you.

@usual user My question was regarding the possibility of downloading armbian via the Orange Pi to the SD Card. I have spent hours trying to configure anything on the Orange Pi 4 via the Android OS downloaded on the EMMC, but I can't get any of it to work. The only device I have that has a SD or Micro SD Card is the Orange Pi 4. So either I use USB to flash the EMMC or Micro SD card through the Orange Pi, or it's stuck with Android until I can acquire a completely separate device that has Micro SD/SD card reader.

• Solution
4 hours ago, armband said:

My question was regarding the possibility of downloading armbian via the Orange Pi to the SD Card.

I don't know Android and can't therefor help here, but I'm sure an experienced Android user can also use it to transfer an image to an sd card. However, if you are able to write an image to a USB flash drive, use a micro SD to USB adapter with a device whose system you are familiar with to write to an SD card. It is then the same procedure that you already know.

usb-micro-sd-adapter.jpg.b12044dc83f89e805f2977322d366c47.jpg

Edited by usual user