Where do I get old versions, I think Rpi4b_jammy_current_5.15.70 works, but 73 not

pi400user

I am only sure, that Armbian_22.11.0-trunk_Rpi4b_jammy_edge_5.19.11_xfce_desktop.img.xz works with my hardware, maybe Armbian_22.11.0-trunk_Rpi4b_jammy_current_5.15.70_xfce_desktop.img.xz too.

For sure I have problems with newer Armbian_22.11.0-trunk_Rpi4b_jammy_current_5.15.73_xfce_desktop.img.xz and  Armbian_22.11.0-trunk_Rpi4b_jammy_edge_5.19.15_xfce_desktop.img.xz

So where can I download older versions?

In general we don't have much archives for those as they were not yet fully supported. We still don't have a dedicated maintainer, while I can't keep an eye also on this hardware. Automated test builds are made automatically directly from development branch - those are expected to break here and there.

I have rebuild images from stable branch right now. Please check if they work for you:

https://www.armbian.com/rpi4b/

(I have tested Armbian_22.08.7_Rpi4b_jammy_current_5.15.74_gnome_desktop.img.xz on Rpi 400 and looks fine)

vor 34 Minuten schrieb Igor:

while I can't keep an eye also on this hardware.

Thank you very much, that is very good to hear. Did you test it with 4k too? Are you interested in the problems after an installation, which I had? In the meantime I managed most things, except 4k. Compare my other postings too. I think for a beginner, a few things should work out-of-the-box. My other PI400 worls fine now with Armbian installed with Armbian_22.11.0-trunk_Rpi4b_jammy_edge_5.19.11_xfce_desktop.img.xz. Just a feedback, I know this is not supported.

vor 40 Minuten schrieb Igor:

I have rebuild images from stable branch right now. Please check if they work for you:

Thanks a lot, I will give you feedback ASAP, maybe tomorrow. For unknown reasons I could not install Armbian_22.05.4_Rpi4b_jammy_current_5.15.48_xfce_desktop.img.xz, nothing happened on the screen, so I do a test install with 2022-09-22-raspios-bullseye-arm64-lite.img.xz at the moment to be sure not to be fooled ny a broken hardware. I am back with my 19" monitor, which is preferred because of the size.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Igor:

(I have tested Armbian_22.08.7_Rpi4b_jammy_current_5.15.74_gnome_desktop.img.xz on Rpi 400 and looks fine)

Unfortunately not for me, same problems as described at

After starting the montitor switches between on and off. I am using the 19"-monitor at the moment. It doesn't help to ignore that and wait untail there is an output at the monitor.  Is it possible to do a headless installation with the desktop version and do the 1st steps via ssh?

5 minutes ago, pi400user said:

Is it possible to do a headless installation with the desktop version and do the 1st steps via ssh?

Of course. 

6 minutes ago, pi400user said:

After starting the montitor switches between on and off.

We are using pretty much unchanged kernel from Rpi foundation. Did you check here https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues ?

Armbian_22.05.4_Rpi4b_jammy_current_5.15.48_xfce_desktop.img.xz from the archive has the same behavior, but it could take longer that the monitor awakes, but then led on / off a.s.o

Of course. 

How do I do a headless installation? SSH has to be allowed or is it allowed by default? Please note, I am talking of the desktop version. With Armbian_22.05.4_Rpi4b_jammy_current_5.15.48_xfce_desktop.img.xz putting in the sdslot, there is no network to connect.

Read a little bit, but didn't find a bug. I fear it is the old hardware or maybe micro hdmi to dvi. What I can do else to use the other PI400 with the HDMI-Monitor and check if this works. Since this is so short after starting the install-card, there is no log or anything I can offer, just describe what happens.

For me it looks like that the monitor is searched with a valid configuration and none is found.

Edited by pi400user

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Igor:

I have rebuild images from stable branch right now.

I tested a lot and there is a very high chance, that the problem is the DVI-monitor.

I tried 2 different card-brands, Transcend and Patriot

I tried 2 DVI-monitors and 1 HDMI-monitor

I tried 3 Armbian images

Every time I use a DVI-monitor the installation doesn't start with similar behavior of the power led of the monitor (on, off, different times)

At the end I tried the newest Armbian_22.08.7_Rpi4b_jammy_current_5.15.74_xfce_desktop.img.xz with an HDMI monitor and everything worked fine. Putting this card, working with HDMI, in another PI400 with a DVI-monitor, it doesn't boot and the power led blinks as described.

So maybe there is a developer, who can test with a DVI-monitor?

On the other hand, there is 2022-09-22-raspios-bullseye-arm64-lite.img.xz which works with DVI. So maybe comparing the code could help.

Of course I can do test with a special image, that outputs some log or use Bullseye to do some queries.

Edited by pi400user