Efforts to develop firmware for H96 MAX V56 RK3566 4G/32G

hotnikq

@tmm1  the /boot dir is empty, this is reason why I try to mount the boot partition, it's different from armbian directory structure. 

root@rk3566-evb3-ddr3-v10:/home/ubuntu# cd /boot
root@rk3566-evb3-ddr3-v10:/boot# ls
root@rk3566-evb3-ddr3-v10:/boot# ls -al
total 8
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Apr 15  2020 .
drwxr-xr-x 23 root root 4096 Dec  3 01:48 ..
root@rk3566-evb3-ddr3-v10:/boot# df -h
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev            2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /dev
tmpfs           394M  1.1M  393M   1% /run
/dev/mmcblk2p6   58G  5.7G   50G  11% /
tmpfs           2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs           5.0M  4.0K  5.0M   1% /run/lock
tmpfs           2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs           394M     0  394M   0% /run/user/0
tmpfs           394M  4.0K  394M   1% /run/user/1000

@hotnikq 

@mvpwar i think you need to recompile it, to change DTB and DTS Files.

Change the boot img, parameter txt and the miniLiader bin  
before create the update img on SDK

On 11/21/2022 at 11:04 PM, hotnikq said:

22 minutes ago, hotnikq said:

I'm not so sure about this one.

It says "- 12V DC Power supply" but all these android box have 5v supply.

If you want the proper DTB, you can find it in the rockchip-linux/kernel tree.

For example:

https://github.com/rockchip-linux/kernel/blob/develop-5.10/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3566-box-demo-v10.dts

and this one is more similar to H96 MAX V56:

https://github.com/rockchip-linux/kernel/blob/develop-5.10/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3566-evb3-ddr3-v10.dts

I can confirm that rk3566 is fully supported from 6.0 The patch is from Piotr Oniszczuk. Will see a box- demo device tree in mainline kernel?

I have seen a distro kernel supporting a rk3566 TV box but this has not been reported to users.

@hotnikq have you taken a look on this armbian development yet?

<External link deleted>

I can see this repo also supported rk3568 and I guess it seems to be similar to Rk3566.

Hope it may give you have some ideas to improve the build for rk3566.

Edited by SteeMan
Posted a link to an external site that uses the Armbian name without permission

@thc013 
I didn't find any dts with functional HDMI on Linux.
as the manufacturer used some android resources to render in 1080p and display in 4k
and this ended up breaking all video functionality and device ram memory
if you find something new feel free to refute all previous posts i pray you are that guy

Some Russians managed to advance with armbian on RK3566 BOX 
You can Find Files here

Try to Recompile this DTS/DTB files

Edited by hotnikq

I have had success in running the latest versions of Armbian on a X88 Pro 20 box. It has RTL8821CS wifi chip and RTL8211F ethernet. I have 2 variants of the box - 4/32G and 8/128G. HDMI works and I have been able to install the Gnome DE and run it in full 4k resolution. Though, there are intermediate stutters while in 4k resolution. Youtube playback is bad. I haven't tested playing 4k video in VLC or any other player yet.

Summary:

HDMI - works

Gigabit Ethernet - works

Wifi (RTL8821CS) - works with additional work - I took the 8821CS source from https://github.com/rockchip-linux/kernel/tree/develop-5.10/drivers/net/wireless/rockchip_wlan/rtl8821cs  and built it after making some changes to support newer kernels.

There are also patches submitted by Martin Blumenstingl for supporting 8821CS in the mainline. These are yet to be merged: rtw88: Add SDIO support

I used the images(edge) for Station M2 and replaced the dtb with the one I built from mainline with the following patches and some minor changes:

1. [v2,1/2] dt-bindings: rockchip: Add Rockchip rk3566 box demo board

2. [v2,1/2] arm64: dts: rockchip: rk3566-box-demo: add io domain setting

Here's the link of the dtb and dts, if anyone's interested to try out:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/rerctigo4mdin9p/rk3566-box-demo.zip?dl=0

Big thanks to Andy Yan and Piotr Oniszczuk for the mainline patches for box demo dts.

Edited by mmie4jbcu
Correction

@maka if you think every box is the same your complete wrong !!! only the t95 ,tr43 and x96 have box-demo as base dts  so and it is not fully supported there is still no npu in mainline and video decoding is nah it works thats it

@mmie4jbcu the x88 is based on the rk3566-evb5-lp4x-v10 so a board with a io-domain from a rk809 will do such as indeed a m2 from firefly but for making a proper dts compare it downstream with a rk3566-evb5-lp4x-v10. and the factory dtb has 2 dts files use the second

@hotnikq  some people as @tmm1 give you a very good hint wich is the base dts ;) 

and a decompiled dts is not a proper dts it is a start , and what you now got is nothing

and if you looked around you see there is also a android 12 image for your box with a little updated dts and is easy to compare to the armbian legacy build just decompile the dtb of rk3566-evb3-ddr3-v10 and compare it against the decompiled of the android 12 image .

ow and the h96 factory dtb has 2 dts files one with a tcs4525 config and the other has a sti8070 so check your pcb wich it has .

wonder what the dmesg says about the included dtb :)

ow btw it is thc013 aka shaggy013 🤗

h96-v56-sti8070.dtb h96-v56-tcs4525.dtb

It seems that you know about all hardware in the arm world. That's very good to help. 

I know all the rk3566 boxes won't work but let the lucky  guys have their happy time, the first second when kernel  shows its log.

Do you know something about ethernet icplus Ip1001M on rockchip?

@maka  🤣 if the rk35xx line is the whole arm world , and it is just old news did this a year ago

a tvbox can just run linux same as a sbc it only how much work you wanna put into it .

but other as nonsens what did you bring in ?

On 2/1/2023 at 5:18 AM, thc013 said:

@mmie4jbcu the x88 is based on the rk3566-evb5-lp4x-v10 so a board with a io-domain from a rk809 will do such as indeed a m2 from firefly but for making a proper dts compare it downstream with a rk3566-evb5-lp4x-v10. and the factory dtb has 2 dts files use the second

@thc013 Thanks for the pointer. I am not good at creating a dts. At the moment I do not have the required knowledge of understanding device-trees in-depth. I am trying to read up and understand more about dts. Though, I can make some intelligent guesses at the most, which could very well be wrong.

@maka they sure did not 🤣 yours is just a bad decompiled one you stll don't listen

and for your information that dts in mainline is from last year.

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip?h=v6.2-rc7&id=2e0537b16b2557974f81db008a51f41c838dcb81

and it says

Signed-off-by: Piotr Oniszczuk <piotr.oniszczuk@gmail.com>

Signed-off-by: Andy Yan <andyshrk@163.com>

and there is no maka  in it