Armbian fails to boot after apt update on Odroid N2+

xfelix

Hello Armbian community, I recently purchased a Odroid N2+ board and am trying different OS.

I flashed Armbian_22.08.1_Odroidn2_jammy_current_5.10.139.img.xz on eMMC card. The first boot up works fine. I was prompted to set root password, new user credential and locals without any issue. I then used 'armbian-config' to navigate the different settings. In the system security menu, I applied the firmware update (that's what the menu called), I assume it runs apt update && apt upgrade. After completion, it prompts me to reboot. So I did. 

Then the Armbian cannot boot up anymore. I am using Odroid N2+ headless, so I can only see the board blue led not flashing with only red led on and NIC is on. I can ping the IP address, but nothing else. 

I tried to reflash the image again. The first boot up works fine. This time I tried to freeze the kernel. Then firmware update (apt upgrade). Reboot, dead again. 

I tried to reflash the image third time. The first boot up works fine. in 'armbian-config', I also tried update boot, not freeze kernel, firmware update. Reboot, dead again. 

I have to give up. I flashed another debian image on it. It runs fine. I haven't tried any other Armbian images. 

I don't want to waste Armbian developer's time looking into my issue. Just want to share my experiences here in case other users have the similar issue. Or maybe this image does have some issue. Thanks.

So i need to change the subject of this one as the issue is with the soft reboot. I even just changed the password then issue a reboot command. The armbian never comes up. A cold boot works after soft reboot hangs. 

Similar to this topic