P1 Pro Device tree?

Nurb432

Picked up a P1 Pro the other day.  Used the P1 installer, and it boots fine.  However WiFi and m.2 dont work ( no m.2 makes it useless for me.. WiFi, i can use a dongle ) so i assume the device tree needs changed.   Still a newbie at this, so unsure how i can find or extract the tree from somewhere else.  They do have a couple of official builds of other OS, but not real sure how to get it from there, if you even can.   Lots of googling for a tree has come up empty.

17 часов назад, Nurb432 сказал:

Picked up a P1 Pro the other day.  Used the P1 installer, and it boots fine.  However WiFi and m.2 dont work ( no m.2 makes it useless for me.. WiFi, i can use a dongle ) so i assume the device tree needs changed.   Still a newbie at this, so unsure how i can find or extract the tree from somewhere else.  They do have a couple of official builds of other OS, but not real sure how to get it from there, if you even can.   Lots of googling for a tree has come up empty.

to support all hardware except DTB, it may be necessary to add changes to the kernel. The official versions of Firefly images are built on old kernels, their DTB cannot be directly used in the new (main) kernel, which is used in Armbian, manual porting must be performed. Without real hardware, this is an inefficient activity, so I can't add support for P1pro in Armbian. Solution options - you do all the work yourself and do PR to the build system, or Firefly should send me samples for work.

Actually its now academic, late last night was playing around with the build tools, looking for possible bits and pieces i could move around and ran across an existing config for the Roc 3399pro-PC, which i knew was similar in layout.   I went ahead and built it ( via sid ) to see if anything new worked, with plans to learn how to pull out any pieces that worked, but both WiFi and m.2 was working just fine.. so an accidental win.

Was going to update my post later today with what i found by accident, but you beat me to it, and really appreciate the quick response on what is a fairly esoteric board at the moment.  

4 часа назад, Andy Sun сказал:

Compare to Station P1, Station P1 PRO update as below:

1. Better wifi chipset with better wifi performance

2. Adding SSD slot

There is another difference (important for me) - the presence of a power button, this turns the Station P1 pro into a full-fledged mini PC, it will not need to pull out the power supply to turn it on after the program shutdown. This is a small nuance, but it greatly changes the usability of the equipment, for example, as a replacement for a regular PC.

p.s.  Tnx Andy, Firefly responded quickly to my request for a sample, I hope I will receive a P1 pro sample for support soon :)