banana pi question

gene1934

Since 23 hours, 23 views, no reply's.

So I have ordered a 4 pack of the latest 4gig bananna pi's, and would like to know:

1. if Armbian will work on them, and

2. If octoprint-1.8.6 can be installed in a python  venv so I can get back to work on a room full of 3d FDM printers.

off topic, I have been running an apt update at about 8 hour intervals on the rock64's but while error msgs are, or were displayed on the hdmi output, no xserver

appears to be start-able, the hdmi display has now gone dark without its declaring a loss of signal so I have to assume it is generating a synch signal of some sort.

I can ssh -Y into both from this machine 3 rooms away, but the local displays are blanked.

Thank you all, take care & stay well.

• Werner changed the title to banana pi question

I just did another apt upgrade  on one of the rock64's that included 8 packages, some of it Xorg stuff, but the problem persists, no video on the rock64's own monitor.

Both of them.

They are both running well enough i can login with an "ssh -Y nameofmachine" So I have extracted a fresh copy of the dmesg error stanza, and the /var/log/Xorg.0.log

generated by the reboot after the update. Attached.

If that can't ID the problem, what else do you need?

I see you are asking for help. I don't code well, but I'll certainly play the canary in the coal mine as a test mule. Both machines are up to date as of half an hour ago.

Thanks for any help.

dmesg-clipXorg.0.log.txt