ARMBIAN for Amlogic S905 and S905X (ver 5.44 =<)

balbes150

The setup script in the internal memory, which can now be found in the images - NOT working. This script is not designed for such installation. It needs to be changed. I don't have time for this. If You want to install to the internal memory - you need to have a UART console, to make additional changes to the system, and perform a number of manual operations.

As I understand it, V88 based on RK3229 is arm7. Image from Amlogic not to fit. You need to try variations to rockchip. I think You have to rebuild the system for Your chip. You can try to adapt something from these works.

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=512278

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rk3188-devices/606759-just-realized-an-ubuntu-server-14-04-on-a-minix-neo-x7-rk3188

http://www.armbian.com/download/

Thanks for fast reply , I mean "V88 PRO" not "V88", "V88 PRO" have inside S905x

Oops. Sorry, wrong. If the chip s905x don't see problems using armbian. Recorded the image. Launched Android. Chose "Update&Backup" indicated "aml_autoscript.zip" from the media. Updated (this update enables multi-boot). Then - as described in this thread. To perform the initial configuration and can be used.

1. update u-boot with balbes150's aml_autoscript.zip( 0.6 version)

2. boot with sdcard which was installed latest debian img.

H/W acceleration isn't working properly.

balbes is working on it.

1. as I understand u-boot need to update from android, S905X cannot boot from SD card(like H3) frst need load uboot from eMMC witch will boot OS from SD,

2. in real someone try compare performance S905X and H3,in V88 PRO Android very slowly

Oops. Sorry, wrong. If the chip s905x don't see problems using armbian. Recorded the image. Launched Android. Chose "Update&Backup" indicated "aml_autoscript.zip" from the media. Updated (this update enables multi-boot). Then - as described in this thread. To perform the initial configuration and can be used.

when I try use internal update software get this error 

post-1183-0-39206100-1478443019_thumb.jpg

What media I use and what files it has ? Such errors are often linked to carriers (not suitable file system or bad blocks on the media). By the way, in this thread there are several posts on this subject and the decision.

What media I use and what files it has ? Such errors are often linked to carriers (not suitable file system or bad blocks on the media). By the way, in this thread there are several posts on this subject and the decision.

Download aml_autoscript.zip(https://yadi.sk/d/srrtn6kpnsKz2/update_uboot/Universal_version/v_0.6) put it on usb flash and sd card (no different), use  Update&Backup.I read all 10 pages and cannot find any information which can help me

There are several activation options multiboot. The old option. Download and burn to FAT media two files the link. Please note the medium - size FAT partition must NOT exceed 2 GB. A new option of activation. Burn the image Armbian and use it to activate multi-download. Have the all files you need (to download any additional files aml_autoscrip and aml_autoscript.zip is NOT necessary).

Here is a topic where there was a similar problem

http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/1919-armbian-for-amlogic-s805/page-2

Edited by balbes150

There are several activation options multiboot. The old option. Download and burn to FAT media two files the link. Please note the medium - size FAT partition must NOT exceed 2 GB. A new option of activation. Burn the image Armbian and use it to activate multi-download. Have the all files you need (to download any additional files aml_autoscrip and aml_autoscript.zip is NOT necessary).

Here is a topic where there was a similar problem

http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/1919-armbian-for-amlogic-s805/page-2

thanks I read that topic but for me no result, last chance is find small SD Card and not creat small partition. Old option not bad ,but as I understand need linux OS for creating sd card(if have windows option it will good for me) and where can find instructions with dd commands

thanks I read that topic but for me no result, last chance is find small SD Card and not creat small partition. Old option not bad ,but as I understand need linux OS for creating sd card(if have windows option it will good for me) and where can find instructions with dd commands

Try LibreElec boot first with toothpick method.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-2347.html

And then boot balbes150's image with toothpick method.

It will work.

1. Branch S905X - used to build versions of the images amlogics905x (- 3.14.29 amlogic)

2. Branch armbian - used to build images vegas95 (- 3.14.79 hardkernel).

When using the kernel configs from git to build images Armbian all going. How do You collect a core ? What settings and compiler used ? If you collect via git LIB both cores going OK (in the last images on the website use these cores).

export ARCH=arm64

export CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-linux-gnu-

make meson64_defconfig

make -j2 Image dtbs modules

I got this error

WARNING: modpost: Found 7 section mismatch(es).

To see full details build your kernel with:

'make CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y'

GEN     .version

CHK     include/generated/compile.h

UPD     include/generated/compile.h

CC      init/version.o

LD      init/built-in.o

KSYM    .tmp_kallsyms1.o

KSYM    .tmp_kallsyms2.o

LD      vmlinux

SORTEX  vmlinux

SYSMAP  System.map

OBJCOPY arch/arm64/boot/Image

Building modules, stage 2.

MODPOST 8 modules

ERROR: "__irq_set_affinity" [drivers/amlogic/usb/dwc_otg/310/dwc_otg.ko] undefined!

make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 1

make: *** [modules] Error 2

Hello, I am new to this. Below I provide dtb and dtd files from my android TV box Ferguson Ariva 4K.

Here is link to my current android fw: http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/?wpfb_dl=1250

I see now there is new fw but I didnt try it yet: http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/?wpfb_dl=1294

Here are files that I extract from my system: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7z5bea0ed2hm48/ariva%204K.zip?dl=0

root@SH6B5C_EU001:/ # strings /dev/block/env

root@SH6B5C_EU001:/ # strings /dev/block/env

J1080p_h=1080
1080p_w=1920
1080p_x=0
1080p_y=0
720p_h=692
720p_w=1230
720p_x=25
720p_y=14
baudrate=115200
bootcmd=run storeboot
bootdelay=1
bootmode_check=get_rebootmode; echo reboot_mode=${reboot_mode};if test ${reboot_
mode} = factory_reset; then defenv_reserv aml_dt;setenv upgrade_step 2; save;fi;

cmdline_keys=if keyman init 0x1234; then if keyman read usid ${loadaddr} str; th
en setenv bootargs ${bootargs} androidboot.serialno=${usid};fi;if keyman read ma
c ${loadaddr} str; then setenv bootargs ${bootargs} mac=${mac} androidboot.mac=$
{mac};fi;if keyman read deviceid ${loadaddr} str; then setenv bootargs ${bootarg
s} androidboot.deviceid=${deviceid};fi;fi;
cvbsmode=576cvbs
display_bpp=16
display_color_bg=0
display_color_fg=0xffff
display_color_index=16
display_height=1080
display_layer=osd1
display_width=1920
dtb_mem_addr=0x1000000
ethaddr=00:15:18:01:81:31
factory_reset_poweroff_protect=echo wipe_data=${wipe_data}; echo wipe_cache=${wi
pe_cache};if test ${wipe_data} = failed; then run init_display; run storeargs;if
mmcinfo; then run recovery_from_sdcard;fi;if usb start 0; then run recovery_fro
m_udisk;fi;run recovery_from_flash;fi; if test ${wipe_cache} = failed; then run
init_display; run storeargs;if mmcinfo; then run recovery_from_sdcard;fi;if usb
start 0; then run recovery_from_udisk;fi;run recovery_from_flash;fi;
fb_addr=0x3f800000
fb_height=1080
fb_width=1920
fdt_high=0x20000000
firstboot=0
gatewayip=10.18.9.1
hdmimode=1080p60hz
hostname=arm_gxbb
init_display=hdmitx hpd;osd open;osd clear;vout output ${outputmode};imgread pic
logo bootup $loadaddr;bmp display $bootup_offset;bmp scale
initargs=rootfstype=ramfs init=/init console=ttyS0,115200 no_console_suspend ear
lyprintk=aml-uart,0xc81004c0 ramoops.mem_address=0x20000000 ramoops.mem_size=0x1
00000 ramoops.record_size=0x8000 ramoops.console_size=0x4000 androidboot.selinux
=permissive
ipaddr=10.18.9.97
irremote_update=if irkey 0xe31cfb04 0xb748fb04 2500000; then echo read irkey ok!
; if itest ${irkey_value} == 0xe31cfb04; then run update;else if itest ${irkey_v
alue} == 0xb748fb04; then run update;
fi;fi;fi;
lighting100ms=msleep 100;gpio clear GPIOAO_6; msleep 100; gpio set GPIOAO_6;
loadaddr=1080000
netmask=255.255.255.0
outputmode=1080p60hz
preboot=run factory_reset_poweroff_protect;run upgrade_check;run bootmode_check;
run init_display;run storeargs;run upgrade_key;run switch_bootmode;
recovery_from_flash=if imgread kernel recovery ${loadaddr}; then wipeisb; bootm
${loadaddr}; fi
recovery_from_sdcard=if fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} aml_autoscript; then autoscr $
{loadaddr}; fi;if fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} recovery.img; then if fatload mmc 0
${dtb_mem_addr} dtb.img; then echo sd dtb.img loaded; fi;wipeisb; bootm ${loadad
dr};fi;
recovery_from_udisk=if fatload usb 0 ${loadaddr} aml_autoscript; then autoscr ${
loadaddr}; fi;if fatload usb 0 ${loadaddr} recovery.img; then if fatload usb 0 $
{dtb_mem_addr} dtb.img; then echo udisk dtb.img loaded; fi;wipeisb; bootm ${load
addr};fi;
sdc_burning=sdc_burn ${sdcburncfg}
sdcburncfg=aml_sdc_burn.ini
serverip=10.18.9.113
storeargs=setenv bootargs ${initargs} logo=${display_layer},loaded,${fb_addr},${
outputmode} hdmimode=${hdmimode} cvbsmode=${cvbsmode} hdmitx=${cecconfig} androi
dboot.firstboot=${firstboot}; run cmdline_keys;
storeboot=if imgread kernel boot ${loadaddr}; then store dtb read $dtb_mem_addr;
bootm ${loadaddr}; fi;run update;
switch_bootmode=get_rebootmode;if test ${reboot_mode} = factory_reset; then run
recovery_from_flash;else if test ${reboot_mode} = update; then run update;else i
f test ${reboot_mode} = cold_boot; then run try_auto_burn; else if test ${reboot
_mode} = backup; then run recovery_from_flash; fi;fi;fi;fi;
try_auto_burn=update 700 750;
update=run usb_burning; run sdc_burning; if mmcinfo; then run recovery_from_sdca
rd;fi;if usb start 0; then run recovery_from_udisk;fi;run recovery_from_flash;
upgrade_check=echo upgrade_step=${upgrade_step}; if itest ${upgrade_step} == 3;
then run init_display; run storeargs; run update;else if itest ${upgrade_step} =
= 1; then defenv_reserv; setenv upgrade_step 2; saveenv;fi;fi;
upgrade_key=if detect_recoverykey; then setenv iflag 0;while itest ${iflag} == 0
;do run lighting100ms;if detect_recoverykey; then ;else setenv iflag 1;sleep 3;r
un update;fi;done;fi;
upgrade_step=2
usb_burning=update 1000
wipe_cache=successful
wipe_data=successful
edid.crcvalue=0xc60e0000
standby_mode=true
digitaudiooutput=HDMI passthrough
root@SH6B5C_EU001:/ #

Could this help you to add support for this device? Sory for my english and noob questions. :-) Thanks.

last edit: added right url links to FW (my box is ariva 4K combo but wrong links were for ariva 4K)

Hello, i have some strange problem) When i use original dtb.img (nexbox 1g/8g), from android firmware( i'll taken it with mkboot), any img don't boot, looks like usb drive works ~ 10 second then stop, and i see only default load screen. But when i use device tree from kszaq, gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb box start normally(some problem with cpu frequency scaling but it easy fix(but still have strange behavior, armbianmonitor display normal scaling, 250MHz idle 1.5GHz load, but temp in idle on 250 and 1.5 the same), with changing governor from ondemand to interactive.

P.S. Sorry for my english

Interesting device, perhaps not so much RAM though. Is Android effectively 64bit?

If this is a s905 device (I believe it is) you can just try to toothpick/recovery boot from SD or USBstick without danger. Armbian might pick up your internal dtb, and, if not, you might provide yours.

Also, drivers and application support for specific DVB might be missing. You could also try booting 64bit kszaq LE externally in case you search for alternative player as opposed to desktop experience.

@balbes150, have you tried Beelink GT1 with S912?

I have no available models to S912, so I can't check. The latter images have the dtb data for many chips, including S912. If You have a model TV set-top box on a chip S912 You can try to start the system using these dtb data. If the system will be able at least to start, then we can add the necessary data to support a specific hardware (WiFi, Bt, etc.)

Try modprobe aml_nftl_dev

thx @vcka

I have tried modprobe to discover internal emmc of my s905x tv box. but nothing happend.

seems mmcblk0 is the internal memory but no partition discovered.  fdisk -l can't see any partitioning on mmcblk0.

any other hint to mount internal memory?

Thanks

thx @vcka

I have tried modprobe to discover internal emmc of my s905x tv box. but nothing happend.

seems mmcblk0 is the internal memory but no partition discovered.  fdisk -l can't see any partitioning on mmcblk0.

any other hint to mount internal memory?

Thanks

Nand partitions are on /dev/system and /dev/data

@jan.pal what does

ls -al /dev/block

output?

lsblk returns several block devices and mmcblk0 is 16 GB in size which should be internal storage. however fdisk -l mmcblk0 returns 512 block size and no partitions. mount end with error. I mean, i can try but will the ls -al /dev/block do more?

latest armbian after initial reboot into strange resolution. half of the screen utilized only half of each line visible. on ubuntu screen is ok. Any hints?

thnaks

It's my mistake, forgot to fix the initialization script under the auto-detection of screen resolution. Replace in /etc script on this option.

https://yadi.sk/d/mwjMOw8zysuzt