ARMBIAN for Amlogic S905 and S905X (ver 5.44 =<)

balbes150

Hi i buiy an Beelink mini mxIII II  from the gearbest, can i use this tutorial to boot and use linux in this android box ?

1- There is necessary to compile kernel ? Or someone can share the files it's for S905x.

2- Following this tutorial linux boot from the sd card, i can use the android with no problems, this do not erase my emmc?

3- After aplying the update needed , if hi put the box to factory settings i can use again the OTA updates?

Thanks for all you help and sorry for my bad english.

1. You can use ready-made images for s905x.

2. When you start the system from external media, the internal memory remains unchanged.

3. Activation multi-boot with interfere to receive the OTA update.

4. There is the option of running the system from external media without having to activate the multi-boot. For this you need to rename the file s905_autoscript in aml_autoscript (deleting the old version aml_autoscript). To run this option, you can use the toothpicks.

1- Where can i download these  these ready-made images for s905x?  

2-As i understand i only can create imagess of 2Gb maximum partition size?

3- If  i buy a sdcard with  8Gb can i have two or threee images to boot from this sdcard? Or is better on image one sdcard?

4- Last question it's easy to boot raspbian?  

1- Where can i download these  these ready-made images for s905x?  

2-As i understand i only can create imagess of 2Gb maximum partition size?

3- If  i buy a sdcard with  8Gb can i have two or threee images to boot from this sdcard? Or is better on image one sdcard?

4- Last question it's easy to boot raspbian?  

1. https://yadi.sk/d/srrtn6kpnsKz2 

2. I'd say that the min size 4-gb(cli), better 8gb(desktop).

3. One image - one sd

4. raspbian based on debian and other open source component, so you can build 'you own raspbian'

Until now i'm  interested in buy a Orange pi pc, the reason for this is to not depend only from one OS , i'm happy to see this progress i have a box with s802 processor and i can boot linux  android is very good but for this box it's a big problem it's the MX. III box.

You have the opportunity to connect the console UART to the S802 ? I have a few files kernel for S802\S812, you need to check how they run on real hardware s802. If the debug kernel is running, then I will be able to collect the full image Armbian for s802\s812.

@Balbes150 the problem with strange resolution (only half part of the scree utilized, bash lines almost unreadable) appeared on my s905x armbian out of blue, after several re-boots.  I am using ssh so it is not a big pain in the a** but would be great if you could give me some hint how to fix this.

Thanks

WiFi I haven't tested. Question to all, I uploaded the updated images (20161125), request to those who have the opportunity to test the functionality of these images.

Tested the new ubuntu img(cli and desktop), but only on Nexbox a95x, later i try it on several different device. All default functional works well(ethernet, audio, apt, etc) video play smooth test and my 720p sample(with x11 vo driver). Some trouble with wi-fi, it's not visible in Ifconfig, but i think problem in dtb and i need change dts in orde to fix it.

Продублирую на руÑÑком: Ð’Ñе работает нормально на Ñвежих образах от 25-го. ethernet хватает ip по dhcp, Ñ Ð°ÑƒÐ´Ð¸Ð¾ проблем нет(теÑтил только аналоговый вывод), видео через x11 нормально крутит вÑе до 720p включительно. Wi-fi, не работает, но проблема Ñвно в dtb. Ð¡ÐµÐ¹Ñ‡Ð°Ñ ÐºÐ¾Ð¿Ð°ÑŽÑÑŒ в dts пытаÑÑÑŒ решить. Ðе знаю, может что-то упуÑтил что Ñледует протеÑтировать, еÑли что поправьте. Пока крутил лишь на одном бокÑе, Ñкоро попробую на разных уÑтройÑтвах на s905/905x

Thank you. So the main works. You can now remove the old files. Why ask about testing. The Assembly is using network repositories, where packages change, and how it changed is not known. I think that WiFi does not work not because of dtb data. While this is a common problem with images Armbian - I have not reached finish, but other users that have decided this question are silent and do not seek to share best practices, and what to change, something began to work.

СпаÑибо. Значит оÑновное работает. Теперь можно убирать Ñтарые файлы. Почему Ñпрашиваю про теÑтирование. Сборка идёт Ñ Ð¸Ñпользованием Ñетевых репозиториев, в которых пакеты изменÑÑŽÑ‚ÑÑ, что и как там изменили - не извеÑтно. Я думаю, что WiFi у Ð’Ð°Ñ Ð½Ðµ работает не из-за dtb данных. Пока Ñто Ð¾Ð±Ñ‰Ð°Ñ Ð¿Ñ€Ð¾Ð±Ð»ÐµÐ¼Ð° образов Armbian - у Ð¼ÐµÐ½Ñ Ð½Ðµ доходÑÑ‚ руки доделать, а другие пользователи, которые решили у ÑÐµÐ±Ñ Ñтот Ð²Ð¾Ð¿Ñ€Ð¾Ñ - молчат и не ÑтремÑÑ‚ÑÑ Ð¿Ð¾Ð´ÐµÐ»Ð¸Ñ‚ÑŒÑÑ Ð½Ð°Ñ€Ð°Ð±Ð¾Ñ‚ÐºÐ°Ð¼Ð¸, что и как нужно изменить, что-бы Ñтало работать.

Hello i hear you balbes. I am on mobile so very bad writing here. Sorry.. I tried armbian librelec and amlogic images and modules. Amlogic works as described in the manual. Libreelec works. Balbes armbian desktop versions works after you put below files into directories and issue commands below.

I have mini m8s II which has ap6212 wifi module. I will try to remember file names. The chip is bcm43438.

Firmwares: /lib/firmware/brcm

fw_bcm43438a0.bin

fw_bcm43438a0_apsta.bin

fw_bcm43438a0_p2p.bin

nvram.txt

nvram_ap6212.txt

config.txt

Modules: /lib/modules   (check also /lib/modules/kernel/3.14.29/ folder..)

cfg80211.ko

dhd.ko

Balbes kernel has setting for broadcom chips to look for directory /lib/firmware/brcm

So copy original files from eMMC of your device.

sudo modprobe cfg80211
sudo modprobe dhd

If it does not work go to below files directories.

sudo insmod cfg80211.ko
sudo insmod dhd.ko

Armbian Dekstop version should work after above commands.

Headless is more difficult. Or I am lack of required knowledge. It requires to setup wpa_supplicant.conf  & /etc/network/interfaces   i belive. But never make it work reliably..

Hope this helps..

UPDATE:

check this:

https://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/1237-tutorial-opi-one-wireless-success/

Is it possible to load kernel/initrd/dtb from tftp server using s905_autoscript on sdcard? (using factory or custom build uboot)

It would be handy for development and testing. I don't have UART connected so I have small chance to blindly prepare appropriate images for tftp and s905_autoscript.

Commands to start the OS with the network are. You can start with launching Libreelec with the external card / stick. There you can ssh into the console and execute the command fw_printenv, in which You can find out the exact settings with which you can boot over the network (if there is such support). In the General case, it is possible to collect a script with the necessary commands for a network boot.

Ok, it was quite simple. Working sample s905_autoscript (static configuration, dhcp should also work):

setenv m "1080p50hz"
setenv hpd "false"
setenv mbpp "32"
setenv bootargs "root=LABEL=rootfs rootwait ro console=ttyS0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend hdmimode=${m} m_bpp=${mbpp} net.ifnames=
0 fsck.repair=yes elevator=noop disablehpd=${hpd} consoleblank=0 hdmitx=cecf"
setenv boot_start booti 0x11000000 0x13000000 0x1000000
setenv ethaddr C0:12:34:56:78:90
setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.231
setenv serverip 192.168.1.248
tftp 0x13000000 uInitrd
tftp 0x11000000 Image
tftp 0x1000000 dtb.img
run boot_start

Now I can change kernel/initrd/dtb images without moving sd card to another device :)

I will probably change root to NFS too. 

It should be faster ans safer  than sd cards..

root@amlogic-s905x:~# fdisk -l

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff}
p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; min-height: 13.0px}
span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}

Disk /dev/mmcblk0: 7.4 GiB, 7969177600 bytes, 15564800 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0x00019380

Device         Boot  Start      End  Sectors  Size Id Type
/dev/mmcblk0p1        2048   133119   131072   64M  e W95 FAT16 (LBA)
/dev/mmcblk0p2      133120 15253503 15120384  7.2G 83 Linux

Disk /dev/mmcblk1: 7.2 GiB, 7752122368 bytes, 15140864 sectors
Disk /dev/mmcblk1rpmb: 128 KiB, 131072 bytes, 256 sectors
Disk /dev/mmcblk1boot1: 4 MiB, 4194304 bytes, 8192 sectors
Disk /dev/mmcblk1boot0: 4 MiB, 4194304 bytes, 8192 sectors
root@amlogic-s905x:~#

Beelink Mini MX S905 1GB/8GB

I'm trying to build media_build for my TV Tuner drivers but its still failing

make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/media_build/v4l/firmware'

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff}
span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}
Kernel build directory is /lib/modules/3.14.29/build
make -C ../linux apply_patches
make[2]: Entering directory '/tmp/media_build/linux'
Patches for 3.14.29 already applied.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/media_build/linux'
make -C /lib/modules/3.14.29/build SUBDIRS=/tmp/media_build/v4l  modules
make[2]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-3.14.29'
Makefile:599: /usr/src/linux-headers-3.14.29/arch//Makefile: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** No rule to make target '/usr/src/linux-headers-3.14.29/arch//Makefile'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-3.14.29'
Makefile:51: recipe for target 'default' failed
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/media_build/v4l'
Makefile:26: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
build failed at ./build line 491.

@balbes150: do you consider integrating your work (for s9* at least) with armbian official repositories (making pull requests, etc.)?

I don't know whether it is possible or not. In my GIT made a number of changes that can destroy the compiling of other images in the main branch.