ARMBIAN for Amlogic S905 and S905X (ver 5.44 =<)

balbes150

Installation to the internal memory (emmc) is s905x s905 s912. But s912 there are some bugs in the network map.

@balbes150, is it the reason ethernet stopped working on latest image you released?

IMHO TV boxes models MXQ - huge variety. They are very often counterfeited. So it is very easy to purchase a TV box, which looks normal, has excellent performance and low price. But in the end You get headache with high probability - a waste of money. To me many times appealed to different individuals, who have bought similar cheap TV boxes and who or what they are unable to run, and in the course of the trial , get a brick. That's very difficult to recover, because the manufacturer collected the TV box as a hodgepodge (of different components), has not provided any supporting drivers or codes. On these TV boxes can often only work with one exclusive stitching (from the seller). When you try to use others - get part is not working equipment (WiFi or BT or eth network or remote control, etc.). Therefore I can recommend only those models that are already tested in work. List of models You can find in this topic or in topics on freaktab.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905/tronsmart-ac/firmware-roms-tools-at/565449-running-linux-from-sd-card-or-usb-flash-drive-using-balbes150-method-and-files

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905x/598320-a95x-s905x-emmc-boot-for-ubuntu

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players

Ok, your explanations make it clearer as to what's going on with all these MXQ boxes. Didn't know it was so difficult to recover from a brick.

Thanks balbes150 for the links. I'll have a look at these threads and see if an "already tested" box can match my requirements.

@balbes150, is it the reason ethernet stopped working on latest image you released?

No. The cause of the other. I updated the source code, but did not add the necessary corrections. Now for me the main task - the integration of assembling the images for the TV boxes in the main branch. It is not a quick process.

Ok, your explanations make it clearer as to what's going on with all these MXQ boxes. Didn't know it was so difficult to recover from a brick.

Thanks balbes150 for the links. I'll have a look at these threads and see if an "already tested" box can match my requirements.

Need to restore either a full backup. Filmed in advance on a working TV set-top box. Either the presence of a firmware file for the USB cable (the sellers bad TV boxes is not given).

If You care about official support - note that is already written Igor.

Update images.

Ubuntu fixed activation ssh (now works fine on initial startup when configuring).

I decided to release these images before switching to a new version of the Assembly environment from which the removed Assembly of images with Debian.

For those who want to use MATE instead of XFCE.

1. Run synaptic

2. To install MATE packages (mate-desktop-environment-extras)

3. To create the user directory file .xinitrc

4. Add the line "exec mate-session"

5. After restarting, automatically start a GUI MATE.

:)

Tuned multiverse containing 5  desktop environments ICEWM XFCE, LXDE LXQT MATE.

Minimum media size of 4 GB. The user password is "user", "1", password "root", "1q2w3e4r".

By default, the system starts with MATE DE. To change the GUI you need to edit the file .xinitrc in the home directory of user "user".

Uncomment the line and comment out the current shell.

S9xxx_4G_ICEWM_MATE_XFCE_LXDE_LXQT_20170122.img.xz

https://yadi.sk/d/5_32km_EsCV2A

Request to those who try this system, write, run a different DE. Preferably, at least briefly to describe the speed of the graphical shells, indicating the model of the TV box (and brief parameters of iron). If possible, make a video recording of system response to user actions. It is important for me to understand what shell is better suited for systems with minimal resources. It is advisable to add screenshots of the output of the command "free -m" to the running shells.

Edited by balbes150

My apologies, I misspelled the password for root. The correct password "1q2w3e4r". I forgot that this is the finished image that I have already performed the initial setup and installation of DE. Another caveat. In this way there is NO automatic expansion of the partition. This must be done manually.

Image update kernel from Hardkernel. Armbian_5.24_Vegas95_Ubuntu (the Test directory) note that these images can only run on a S905. The images that will be able to work on s905x s912 will be later (need to significantly patch the kernel). Features images-3.14.79. Problems with WiFi and sound. To change the screen resolution, you need to use a certain procedure.

1. marking the desired resolution in the file /boot/vegas95_init.sh

2. insertion of the selected permission to the file s905_autoscript.cmd (instead of the current parameter setenv m= "  ")

3. Precompiled script autostart system s905_autoscript. In this-you can select any standard solution available.

command

# mkimage -A arm -O linux -T script -C none -d s905_autoscript.cmd s905_autoscript

The existing problems are not working properly shutdown the TV box. After switching off, to enable, disable the power supply from the network.

As Docker is in the network repo Ubuntu, removed from the Assembly the old binaries. In-3.14.79 has support for Docker. Anyone can install it and use in this manner.

--------------------- translation  user Shimon -----------------

Here's the promised translation:

1. Look inside the /boot/vegas95_init.sh script:

Here's a sample:

2. Find the desired resolution.
For example, 1024x768p60hz

3. Replace the current value of the (setenv m) parameter in the /boot/s905_autoscript.cmd file with the new one.
For example, the current value

setenv m "720p60hz"

needs changing to

setenv m "1024x768p60hz"

4. recompile the binary version of the s905_autoscript with:

mkimage -A arm -O linux -T script -C none -d s905_autoscript.cmd s905_autoscript

On next reboot the selected resolution wil be used.
Be sure to choose an exact value from the available list in vegas95_init.sh. Do not include the *) part.
---------------------

Image update kernel from Hardkernel. Armbian_5.24_Vegas95_Ubuntu (the Test directory) note that these images can only run on a S905. The images that will be able to work on s905x s912 will be later (need to significantly patch the kernel). Features images-3.14.79. Problems with WiFi and sound. To change the screen resolution, you need to use a certain procedure.

1. remember marking the desired resolution in the file /boot/vegas95_init.sh

2. insertion of the selected permission to the file aml_autoscript.cmd (instead of the current parameter h_mode)

3. Precompiled script autostart system s905_autoscript. In this-you can select any standard solution available.

command

# mkimage -A arm -O linux -T script -C none -d s905_autoscript.cmd s905_autoscript

The existing problems are not working properly shutdown the TV box. After switching off, to enable, disable the power supply from the network.

As Docker is in the network repo Ubuntu, removed from the Assembly the old binaries. In-3.14.79 has support for Docker. Anyone can install it and use in this manner.

Installed it on my Beelink MiniMX3 (Amlogic S905), and it is working very well.  I primarily use these boxes as Plex and Emby servers and it does that very well.  Of course, these boxes do not have enough computing power to do any transcoding on the fly.

Edit: Verified audio does not work, did not test WiFi.

Fixes for the version with multi-GPU environment (5 DE).

1. For proper operation of the automatic gain control CPU frequency you must replace the file with the kernel zImage on the first partition (FAT).

2. To use the installation mode of this image to the internal memory. You must copy the file "fw_env.config" in the /etc directory. Replace the /root directory file "install.sh" and file "linux.img" to fixed. The new version of the file can be downloaded from the directory on the website "FIX" the link.

Notice for normal operation of the sound you need to use the dtb files from the image (dtb directory). System can normally be started without file "dtb.img" in the first section, but the sound may not work. In this case, you need to check the system with manually copying the correct file.

https://yadi.sk/d/i8mKgFEi3BW24i

Also updated the test images. Please to those who have the opportunity to test the latest test images to the subject of the work of autoregulatory CPU frequency. To do this, run in terminal as root "armbianmonitor -m" and start playback of the test video file (to expand it to full screen). It is advisable to test in two modes 720 and 1080 . The smoothness of the playback is not interested, the main thing is to evaluate the performance of the automatic gain control of CPU frequency and temperature.

Edited by balbes150

I installed this version yesterday (had it installed before) S9xxx_4G_ICEWM_MATE_XFCE_LXDE_LXQT_20170122, and got it setup on my Amlogic S905X box, as my Plex and Emby server and it is working well.  How ever it keeps showing that there are 50 updates to install, but it won't install them.  I have  tried several times, with different commands.  I was running this version when it first came out and had no problem updating the upgrades.

post-4235-0-99221600-1485633969_thumb.jpg

post-4235-0-86511500-1485633970_thumb.jpg

post-4235-0-68058700-1485633971_thumb.jpg

Привет!

С английÑким у Ð¼ÐµÐ½Ñ Ð½Ðµ очень поÑтому риÑкнул напиÑать на руÑÑком.

Ð’ общем запуÑтил Ñ Ñ„Ð»ÐµÑˆÐºÐ¸ Armbian_5.24_Amlogic-s905x_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_desktop_20170118 работает прекраÑно на моей mxq pro, но проблема в firefox Ñо звуком на ок и vk.

Сразу поÑле первого запуÑка на ок Ð¸ vk пишет нет флеш плеера, а поÑле уÑтановки libavcodec-ffmpeg56:armhf или gstreamer armhf видео начинает показывать, но звук Ñильно шипит и на заднем фоне еле Ñлышен иÑкаженный звук.

Ставил мозилу arm64 в ней звук нормальный.

Balbes150 может подÑкажеш как решить проблемку? И ÑпаÑибо за Ñборку!