ARMBIAN for Amlogic S905 and S905X (ver 5.44 =<)

balbes150

2 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Rename the file s905_autoscript  to aml_autoscript and try starting while pressing the reset button (the toothpick method).

Use the correct dtb file for writing (don't use the file from odroid).

In the dtb file from Odroid no descriptions for eMMC.

I'll try it. But where I take the correct dtb? In the firmware dtb folder there is not  a file for beelink mini mxiii. Which should I use?
Thanks for your patience :D

On 10/4/2017 at 9:06 PM, TonyMac32 said:

Quick question, does anyone know what a Trongle Seguro X4 actually is?  It is supposed to be an S905X, but I'm guessing it's someone else's design rebadged.  My friend has one and it's crap, before tearing into it I wanted to see if there was anyone else unfortunate enough to have this mystery box.

Got the box off of my friend and popped it open, it's a Mini M8S_II

11 hours ago, Tommy21 said:

will this work with official khadas vim fan?

The script works with the fan connector to the VIM2 (s912), it is a scheme for power control of the fan and you can install several levels (off, low speed, middle speed, high speed). In VIM (s905x) there is no such scheme fan. By the way, VIM (S905X) I have installed the radiator and connected the fan to the pins of 3.3 V. the Fan turns on with the system startup and turns off when you stop the system. His work does not depend on the type of OS (Linux, Android, LE). It runs nearly silent and provides cooling under all load conditions.

https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/2-Pieces-lot-Computer-PC-Case-DC-Cooling-Fan-5-Volt-35mm-Dupont-Connector/32545826051.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5gJjn3

5 hours ago, TonyMac32 said:

, it's a Mini M8S_II

Such ?

https://mysku.ru/blog/china-stores/43736.html

Is there any other way to flash bootloader variables to boot from external media ? On my t95x with custom rom, i don't have the update&backup app to flash aml_autoscript.zip

edit:

nevermind, fixed it. Just extracted the apk from the original rom.

1 hour ago, ennoente said:

Yes, i looking for an installation manual.   The tuner is contain in LE Version kszaq.  

FYI : avl6862 in kszaq LE comes from a separate media_build driver repository (i.e. not the linux kernel repository itself).

Hi all, I'm using Armbian 5.32 with Debian Jessie server dated 20170907, is there some simple way to correctly update at latest version?

Does the bluetooth work for someone? I load at boot the module hci_uart and I also automatically execute the command:

su -c 'hciattach /dev/ttyS1 any'

but I'm not able to connect via bluetooth any device, I tried with hcitool and bluetoothctl.

Does the hardware acceleration work? And is it possible to install kodi on the server version?

I have also found and tried these deb packages:

https://yadi.sk/d/pHxaRAs-tZiei/deb

(where can I find a description of the these packages? Should I to install them?)

I tried to install mali-aml_5.27_arm64.deb and kodi-aml_5.27_arm64.deb but doesn't seems to me that the hardware acceleration works and kodi has missing dependencies.

Instead thanks to the package amremote_5.27_arm64.deb I have been able to use the remote control.

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your help on making armbian possible on those SoC.

Now, I have a KhadasVIM box and I used a USB drive to burn Armbian_5.34_S9xxx_Debian_jessie_3.14.29_server_20171020.img and boot from it.

I must say, graphics are really laggy. I can't even watch a youtube video on firefox or chromium. Kodi doesn't even play a frame.

I made a mistake and changed the sources.list to sid from jessie, but that's not the case. It was laggy before this change, too.

So, what should I do to fix this? Or it's not implemented yet?

Thanks

Update 3.14.29_20171027.

Changes.

1. Fixed the launch KODI.

2. Fixed installation mode of the OS in eMMC.

3. Update packages to current versions.

***************************************************************************************

On 20.10.2017 at 11:10 PM, hojnikb said:

is video acceleration  working on these builds ?

Fullscreen video is KODI

On 20.10.2017 at 11:10 PM, hojnikb said:

also, any chance for more ram to be available to the system ?

What is the issue ?

On 22.10.2017 at 10:36 PM, fatugazuhati said:

I'm using Armbian 5.32 with Debian Jessie server dated 20170907, is there some simple way to correctly update at latest version?

The answer is on the last pages of this topic.

Does the bluetooth work for someone?

The work depends on the specific iron TV box and the correct dtb file.

Does the hardware acceleration work?

Works in KODI.

And is it possible to install kodi on the server version?

Possible. Install required packages and to perform before configuring the system. If you don't know how to do it, for you will be the best solution, to use a finished version of the image of the desktop, where everything is installed and configured.

On 24.10.2017 at 1:36 AM, divinesheet said:

So, what should I do to fix this? Or it's not implemented yet?

This issue has already been discussed a million times. For video playback there is a special version of image Mate, where everything is already set up for full-screen video playback through KODI.

p.s.

I don't understand why the people themselves create problems. Why do people take the server version and try to make him Destkop, if you do not know how to do yourself ?

Hi All!

@balbes150: I saw you have added a Debian testing (buster/sid currently) repository when building jessie or stretch flavor of Armbian -> lib/general.sh#L142

So when building myself, the jessie (or stretch) image is not anymore a true Debian Jessie. Could you please explain your reasoning for adding this testing repository? Tks.

On the side note also, my build images are not booting if I commented out this repository when buiding...

On 27/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, balbes150 said:

The work depends on the specific iron TV box and the correct dtb file.

Works in KODI.

Possible. Install required packages and to perform before configuring the system. If you don't know how to do it, for you will be the best solution, to use a finished version of the image of the desktop, where everything is installed and configured.

p.s.

I don't understand why the people themselves create problems. Why do people take the server version and try to make him Destkop, if you do not know how to do yourself ?

In my case I don't need the desktop version, I don't need the server X, I'd like to use my device as an headless server.

If the hardware acceleration is working I can use it in the video surveillance software with my h264 cameras. I know that the amlogic s905 has native hardware encoding/decoding for h264 and h265.

About kodi, mine has been only a simple question because I haven't understood if it can been used without a server X. If it needs the X server then I'll use the readymedia versions with transcoding support. I simply need to stream videos via dlna.

About the bluetooth, I'm using an S95 Telos with gxbb_p200_2G.dtb, the wifi is working but the bluetooth doesn't work.

Is there some way to use the hardware acceleration with other softwares? And about bluetooth is there something to do?

On 10/27/2017 at 3:05 PM, balbes150 said:

What is the issue ?

"Issue" is that there is a lot of ram dedicated to the GPU and there is only ~820MB left for the system. On such a small amount of ram every MB counts. Allwinner devices usually have over 1000MB available to the system and i'm guessing additional ram gets allocated to GPU via CMA.

So my question is; does S905X have any sort of CMA or is gpu ram allocation just fixed to a certain amount and thats it ?

On 28.10.2017 at 6:16 PM, etatto said:

I saw you have added a Debian testing (buster/sid currently) repository when building jessie or stretch flavor of Armbian -> lib/general.sh#L142

So when building myself, the jessie (or stretch) image is not anymore a true Debian Jessie. Could you please explain your reasoning for adding this testing repository? Tks.

On the side note also, my build images are not booting if I commented out this repository when buiding...

This repository is added to the operation of the audio and video playback in mpd.

On 29.10.2017 at 5:24 PM, fatugazuhati said:

Is there some way to use the hardware acceleration with other softwares? And about bluetooth is there something to do?

HW is implemented for the fbdev. For use in other programs (except KODI) , you need to collect these programs using the library libMali. What kind of BT devices ?

20 hours ago, ennoente said:

support update internal tuner avl6862?

No

6 hours ago, hojnikb said:

"Issue" is that there is a lot of ram dedicated to the GPU and there is only ~820MB left for the system. On such a small amount of ram every MB counts. Allwinner devices usually have over 1000MB available to the system and i'm guessing additional ram gets allocated to GPU via CMA.

So my question is; does S905X have any sort of CMA or is gpu ram allocation just fixed to a certain amount and thats it ?

Yes, for the GPU to play the part of the memory. To disable it you need to rebuild dtb and remove the memory reservation.

Thanks for your answer concerning the testing repository.
Maybe you might have a clue about the issue when commenting out this repository?

I'm trying ti build a jessie image with the next kernel (it is the 4.14.0-rc5 as of this writing) for a Khadas VIM Pro board (S905X board)
So to pinpoint the issue, I have build 2 images, one with the testing repository and one without. With logging the boot sequence, it seems the "true" jessie image hangs after printing the message "[drm] Cannot find any crtc or sizes" :

[    3.076125]  mmcblk0: p1 p2
[    3.081542] leds_pwm pwmleds: unable to request PWM for vim:red:power: -517
omain-0 init dvfs: 4

[    3.105941] systemd-udevd[1237]: starting version 215
[    3.596017] mmc1: new HS200 MMC card at address 0001
[    3.596479] mmcblk1: mmc1:0001 AWPD3R 14.6 GiB 
[    3.600079] mmcblk1boot0: mmc1:0001 AWPD3R partition 1 4.00 MiB
[    3.605844] mmcblk1boot1: mmc1:0001 AWPD3R partition 2 4.00 MiB
[    3.611774] mmcblk1rpmb: mmc1:0001 AWPD3R partition 3 4.00 MiB, chardev (242:0)
[    3.624449] leds_pwm pwmleds: unable to request PWM for vim:red:power: -517
[    3.677968] [drm] Cannot find any crtc or sizes

With the "buster upgraded" jessie image, it doesn't hang and the login prompt is displayed :

[    3.096645]  mmcblk0: p1 p2
[    3.101569] leds_pwm pwmleds: unable to request PWM for vim:red:power: -517
omain-0 init dvfs: 4

[    3.303982] mmc1: new HS200 MMC card at address 0001
[    3.304459] mmcblk1: mmc1:0001 AWPD3R 14.6 GiB 
[    3.308099] mmcblk1boot0: mmc1:0001 AWPD3R partition 1 4.00 MiB
[    3.317859] mmcblk1boot1: mmc1:0001 AWPD3R partition 2 4.00 MiB
[    3.319723] mmcblk1rpmb: mmc1:0001 AWPD3R partition 3 4.00 MiB, chardev (242:0)
[    3.333393] leds_pwm pwmleds: unable to request PWM for vim:red:power: -517
[    3.677882] [drm] Cannot find any crtc or sizes
[    3.946149] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): mounted filesystem with writeback data mode. Opts: data=writeback
[    4.515283] systemd[1]: System time before build time, advancing clock.
[    4.547073] NET: Registered protocol family 10
[    4.547969] Segment Routing with IPv6
[    4.557808] ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
[    4.572838] systemd[1]: systemd 235 running in system mode. (+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP +LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL +XZ +LZ4 +SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS +KMOD -IDN2 +IDN default-hierarchy=hybrid)
[    4.588257] systemd[1]: Detected architecture arm64.
[    4.594745] systemd[1]: Set hostname to <amlogic>.
[    4.751436] systemd[1]: File /lib/systemd/system/systemd-journald.service:33 configures an IP firewall (IPAddressDeny=any), but the local system does not support BPF/cgroup based firewalling.
[    4.762857] systemd[1]: Proceeding WITHOUT firewalling in effect!
[    4.775827] systemd[1]: File /lib/systemd/system/systemd-udevd.service:32 configures an IP firewall (IPAddressDeny=any), but the local system does not support BPF/cgroup based firewalling.
[    4.786943] systemd[1]: Proceeding WITHOUT firewalling in effect!
[    4.847590] systemd[1]: File /lib/systemd/system/systemd-logind.service:35 configures an IP firewall (IPAddressDeny=any), but the local system does not support BPF/cgroup based firewalling.
[    4.858856] systemd[1]: Proceeding WITHOUT firewalling in effect!
[    4.948859] systemd[1]: Created slice User and Session Slice.
[    5.111335] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): re-mounted. Opts: commit=600,errors=remount-ro

Debian GNU/Linux buster/sid amlogic ttyAML0

amlogic login: 

The "EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): mounted filesystem with writeback data mode. Opts: data=writeback" is displayed after when booting the "buster upgraded" jessie image,  I think it might be the rootfs that is not mounted so the boot sequence cannot continue on the "true" jessie image...

On 30/10/2017 at 3:47 PM, balbes150 said:

HW is implemented for the fbdev. For use in other programs (except KODI) , you need to collect these programs using the library libMali. What kind of BT devices ?

I have tried to connect several smartphones android and a bluetooth headset.

I'm not able to see the Telos from any smartphone and vice-versa. Same thing with the bt headset, the Telos isn't able to see it.

Guys does kodi in this armbian distro run as good as kodi on LibreELEC ? I mean can it make use of the hardware acceleration just like LibreELEC ? LibreELEC is too limited for my needs, I need to install a few CLI based programs, I'm thinking of installing the server version of armbian

Well after 2 days of testing, I don't have a clue why a true Jessie or Stretch image made for my Khadas VIM pro doesn't boot as it doesn't mount the rootfs. A true Buster boot like a charm, so I will continue my current project with such an image since I not really care which Debian flavor I use for it. I was first thinking it might be the initramsfs package version, but no : The Stretch and Buster versions are the same. After maybe the mounting with label identification : Nope, mounting with a device name or with UUID are also a no go. Puzzling, puzzling :huh: If someone has the slightest clue to put me on track, he/she will be in my dept :wub:

BTW, debootstraping/updating packages on a Buster and newer qemu chroot, as of the 3rd of November, will not work anymore: it will froze with "qemu: Unsupported syscall: 277" since the apt 1.6~alpha3 version was migrated to testing/Buster at this date and seccomp is used on the 1.6 branch of apt, which is not implemented in the current version of qemu, so the Unsupported syscall message. The workaround I found out is to use snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20171101T160520Z as package repository, in place of httpredir.debian.org to build my Buster image.

CU :D

12 hours ago, etatto said:

Well after 2 days of testing, I don't have a clue why a true Jessie or Stretch image made for my Khadas VIM pro doesn't boot as it doesn't mount the rootfs. A true Buster boot like a charm, so I will continue my current project with such an image since I not really care which Debian flavor I use for it. I was first thinking it might be the initramsfs package version, but no : The Stretch and Buster versions are the same. After maybe the mounting with label identification : Nope, mounting with a device name or with UUID are also a no go. Puzzling, puzzling :huh: If someone has the slightest clue to put me on track, he/she will be in my dept :wub:

BTW, debootstraping/updating packages on a Buster and newer qemu chroot, as of the 3rd of November, will not work anymore: it will froze with "qemu: Unsupported syscall: 277" since the apt 1.6~alpha3 version was migrated to testing/Buster at this date and seccomp is used on the 1.6 branch of apt, which is not implemented in the current version of qemu, so the Unsupported syscall message. The workaround I found out is to use snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20171101T160520Z as package repository, in place of httpredir.debian.org to build my Buster image.

The I check. In network repositories version Debian 8 jessie broken packages, which are responsible for mounting partitions by their labels. Have to use direct instructions to the device (/dev/mmcblkXpX and /dev/sdX). For this you need to change the scripts S905_autoscript and fstab. If you are using the latest version of the Assembly environment BUILD (I plan to update it in GIT soon), version Debian 9 Stretch is going correctly and running mount on labels. By the way, it fixed the audio and MPV correctly plays the test video. I uploaded the two images of Debian (server and XFCE). Perhaps in the future will correct the error in the packages, responsible for mounting in Debian 8.

To all

update image Debian 9 (Stretch) 20171104

@balbes150

Any reason why my box is freezing ? I have T95X 1GB and i'm using the latest version (4.11.2017) armbian mate image. I tried compiling retroarch-setup script overnight but the thing froze like two times after an hour or so.

I'm using "gxl_p212_1g.dtb" as my dtb image.

49 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

The I check. In network repositories version Debian 8 jessie broken packages, which are responsible for mounting partitions by their labels. Have to use direct instructions to the device (/dev/mmcblkXpX and /dev/sdX). For this you need to change the scripts S905_autoscript and fstab. If you are using the latest version of the Assembly environment BUILD (I plan to update it in GIT soon), version Debian 9 Stretch is going correctly and running mount on labels. By the way, it fixed the audio and MPV correctly plays the test video. I uploaded the two images of Debian (server and XFCE). Perhaps in the future will correct the error in the packages, responsible for mounting in Debian 8.

To all

update image Debian 9 (Stretch) 20171104

Tks balbes150! I will check when you have updated Github.