ARMBIAN for Amlogic S905 and S905X (ver 5.44 =<)

balbes150

1 hour ago, wpra3 said:

I'm planning to install debain server to eMMC as it will be more reliable than sdCARD. My questions are:

1. After backing up the original firmware how do I restore it in case something went wrong?

2. After installing debian to eMMC does sdcard still the first boot priority? (Incase I screwup something and wanted to clean install)

3. I assume if I'm on the latest version of Armbian and the DTB that comes with it, it should install just fine?

1. If the failure is not critical, then simply connect the SD card with the system and  start the recovery. If the failure is critical (u-boot in eMMC is partially destroyed), to run from an external SD card, you will need a checked (working for your TV box model) u-boot on the SD card and closing the contacts on the eMMC chip to block the launch of the corrupted u-boot in eMMC and start the system from the SD card.

2. Yes.

3. Be sure to check the system from the SD card (that would work all the components that you need) and only then run the installation in the eMMC.

1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

1. If the failure is not critical, then simply connect the SD card with the system and  start the recovery. If the failure is critical (u-boot in eMMC is partially destroyed), to run from an external SD card, you will need a checked (working for your TV box model) u-boot on the SD card and closing the contacts on the eMMC chip to block the launch of the corrupted u-boot in eMMC and start the system from the SD card.

2. Yes.

3. Be sure to check the system from the SD card (that would work all the components that you need) and only then run the installation in the eMMC.

Thank you so much, it makes it easier for me to try now

I really love your work on this, can't thank you enough for this project

Cheers!

Hello! I am new to this forum. I am trying to install v.5.77 on this device Gi spark 3 combo, but I can’t activate multibut. With and without a toothpick I load into Android.dtb.img moved from stock firmware, aml_autoscript gives an update error. I ask for help in the launch.

Amlogic S905 Quad Core A53 64bit 2.0 GHZ processor

Built-in graphics 3D processor with support for Mali-450MP

RAM: 1 GB

Flash memory: 8 GB

DVB-S / S2 Tuner: TS2022

DVB-T / T2 / C Tuner: MX608

Fully compatible with DVB-S / S2 (UHD, HEVC), DVB-T / T2 / C standards

Android 5.1.1 operating systems (Lollipop)Why a different type of cpu? Is it the Amlogic s905?

The steps are:write armbian 5.77 desktop with Rufus on SD card 32 GB,pre-othermaterial in NTFS .Step two insert the card into the receivers previously de-energized.I pinch the button on the rear panel with a toothpick,connect the power.I wait 15 seconds,let go of the toothpick,but nothing happens,the usual stock Android is loaded.When using amlogic autoscript.zip via stock updater gives error:Software packade error

Hello,

I'm new member. I am using a T95M (S905X -1G RAM, 8G ROM) and boot ubuntu 16.04 with kernel 13.14.29.
Now I want to boot from emmc . What can I do ? Thank you. 
I tried coppy gxbb_p201.dtb and gxl_p212_1g.dtb and rename dtb.img But I taked Black screen.
With gxl_p212_1g.dtb -> dtb.img

root@amlogic:~# sudo ./install.sh
Start copy system for DATA partition.
Formatting DATA partition...
umount: /dev/data: not mounted
/dev/data contains a ext4 file system
        last mounted on /ddbr/install on Wed Apr  3 02:55:57 2019
e2fsck 1.42.13 (17-May-2015)
/dev/data: clean, 11/289728 files, 53226/1158144 blocks
done.
Copying ROOTFS.
Copy BIN
Copy BOOT
tar: boot/System Volume Information/WPSettings.dat: time stamp 2019-04-03 08:53:46 is 19790.731671312 s in the future
tar: boot/System Volume Information/IndexerVolumeGuid: time stamp 2019-04-03 08:53:46 is 19790.729878895 s in the future
tar: boot/System Volume Information: time stamp 2019-04-03 08:53:46 is 19790.729112228 s in the future
Create DEV
Copy ETC
Copy HOME
Copy LIB
Create MEDIA
Create MNT
Copy OPT
Create PROC
Copy ROOT
Create RUN
Copy SBIN
Copy SELINUX
Copy SRV
Create SYS
Create TMP
Copy USR
Copy VAR
Copy fstab
Done copy ROOTFS
Writing new kernel image...
65536+0 records in
65536+0 records out
33554432 bytes (34 MB, 32 MiB) copied, 0.653492 s, 51.3 MB/s
/dev/boot: no Android Magic Value
/dev/boot: not a valid Android Boot Image.

done.
Writing new dtb ...
done.
Write env bootargs
Complete copy OS to eMMC parted DATA

With gxbb_p201.dtb -> dtb.img I give same proplem.

I done boot from emmc with Ubuntu 18.04 kernel 4.20 But I need Ubuntu 16.04 
I found link img https://yadi.sk/d/pHxaRAs-tZiei

On 10/23/2018 at 2:57 PM, balbes150 said:

1. Run Armbian version with kernel 3.14 from external media (SD card or USB flash drive). And look how much RAM there is.

2. If there is also 1GB of RAM, then your model does not have 2 GB , open the case and check the marking of chips or contact the seller.

3. If you have a firmware file with Android, you can restore the system to its original state using a USB cable and a firmware program.

How do boot from emmc on kernel 3.14 ??

Hi, quick question..

I tried to use this (and did, it worked) but I can't see the actual eMMC when I type "lsblk" or within gparted.

Is there a recommended kernel to use or version?

So I'm getting this right...

Download: 

Armbian_5.41_S9xxx_Debian_stretch_4.9.40_xfce_20180315.img

flash to SD, go onto the TV box and make sure I update it so it boots from the SD.

Now what? I can't see the eMMC that android is installed on and when I even try to install to the eMMC, it gives errors....

What do I need to do so I can remove android and just use armbian?

I've read the OP:

1. Download the image for your device

2. Unpack
3. Burn the image on the medium
4. boot into Android
5. open the app "Update&Backup"
6. click on "Select" local update and chose the file on the removable media (aml_update.zip) aml_autoscript.zip
7. start "Update"
8. System will reboot twice and start running the system from external media.
9. If after 7-10 minutes on the monitor not to receive any messages on system startup. Turn off TV box and manual copy into the first partition BOOT (FAT) the file "dtb.img". On the media there is a directory "dtb" from where you can take the file and copy it to the root of  /boot  rename it to "dtb.img".

But still don't get it; where is the dtb file located?

Yeah, I've flashed the img to the SD and looked in "media" it's not there.......

please, someone; help!

2 hours ago, thatchunkylad1989 said:

I can't see the eMMC that android is installed on

Are you sure that you have an eMMC ? Some box have NAND, which is not the same as eMMC, two different technologies, two different drivers, and most Mainline don't support NAND at all.

Just to make sure, run "dmesg | grep mmc" and look if there are lines with "mmc1" or "mmc2" (knowing that "mmc0" should be the SDCard)

31 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

Are you sure that you have an eMMC ? Some box have NAND, which is not the same as eMMC, two different technologies, two different drivers, and most Mainline don't support NAND at all.

Just to make sure, run "dmesg | grep mmc" and look if there are lines with "mmc1" or "mmc2" (knowing that "mmc0" should be the SDCard)

Will have a look now. do you have any idea about the dtb file?

My English isn't the best and neither is the OP's.

I flashed this:

https://yadi.sk/d/pHxaRAs-tZiei/5.44/kernel_3.14_20180729 by icewm.

Don't see the S905w in boot/media ?

It's definitely emmc, just checked.

mount: ddbr/install special device /dev/data does not exist.

What am I doing wrong?

Damnit! now android won't boot. sigh.

Just put the SD card back into it and it booted. I didn't do a backup of android though... 

Can I get android back on it? I give up.

10 hours ago, thatchunkylad1989 said:

mount: ddbr/install special device /dev/data does not exist.

What are these commands you're trying to execute ?

I didn't do a backup of android though...

I am always amazed by people who do not study anything, do not ask for advice before doing something, and immediately rush to poke everything, and then ask for help.

Can I get android back on it?

Use USB Burn Tool.

3 hours ago, balbes150 said:

What are these commands you're trying to execute ?

I am always amazed by people who do not study anything, do not ask for advice before doing something, and immediately rush to poke everything, and then ask for help.

Use USB Burn Tool.

I ran the install.sh and it gave the error I posted above. I tried using the usb tool but my device isn't recognised and I don't know how to put it in recovery...

It's the MXQ PRO S905W.

2 hours ago, thatchunkylad1989 said:

I ran the install.sh and it gave the error I posted above. I tried using the usb tool but my device isn't recognised and I don't know how to put it in recovery...

It's the MXQ PRO S905W. 

Start Armbian and erase /dev/bootloader "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/bootloader". After that, the USB Burn Tool should start. In the future, if you don't understand what you're doing, don't take it.

5 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Start Armbian and erase /dev/bootloader "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/bootloader". After that, the USB Burn Tool should start. In the future, if you don't understand what you're doing, don't take it.

I would try that but I tried flashing a rom for it and now I keep getting a disk error at 7%....

This is the file I'm trying to flash:

https://mega.nz/#!VnhjTSYa!t6w10yz0zXHFCRugsvZJibyjISz_g7uN-jAJp9OVKZI

and it's for the: amlogic s905w 1gb 8gb firmware mxq pro 4k and youtube link:

I keep getting a disc write error????????????????

How long does android take to boot after a successful flash?

Hi, are you there??????????????????

On 4/10/2019 at 5:42 PM, thatchunkylad1989 said:

I keep getting a disc write error????????????????

How long does android take to boot after a successful flash?

Hi, are you there??????????????????

Issues firmware Android looking forum Freacktab, there is a lot of information. You may need to use a different USB port, or a different order of steps for your model.

16 hours ago, almotra said:

I am French, sorry for my bad English .

For me, impossible to activate auto login, etc/lightdm ... not exist .

I use the latest version 5.78 for S905 without desktop.

use nodm