ARMBIAN for Amlogic S905 and S905X (ver 5.44 =<)

balbes150

hello, 

could somebody help me about wifi driver for 8188fu? i'm running 5.88 version

i have compiled from https://github.com/kelebek333/rtl8188fu

i cannot used dkms cause there is no kernel header. so i trying compile with source kernel.

but when i try. i do with no success. i do not know why. my error is 

insmod /lib/modules/5.1.0-aml-s905/kernel/net/wireless/cfg80211.ko
insmod /lib/modules/5.1.0-aml-s905/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/rtl8188fu.ko

Message from syslogd@localhost at Aug  8 03:00:36 ...
 kernel:[  186.089590] Internal error: Oops: 96000004 [#1] PREEMPT SMP

kernel:[  186.134589] Process modprobe (pid: 2050, stack limit = 0x000000005636e905)

kernel:[  186.333483] Code: 391f481f 391f4c1f f940029a f941d360 (39401000)
Segmentation fault

could you help?

Hello, i'm trying to install into my second tv box, an ABOX a1 plus, (i've attempted on beelink gt1 but without success) but in the tv box there is not  the app "Update&Backup".
How can boot from sd without it?
thanks in advance
Davide
Try using ADB shell and type "reboot update" unplug the sdcard and insert it after you boot to recovery mode, select update from sdcard, search for aml_autoscript.zip
Then choose reboot to bootloader, it work for me

Sent from my SM-C9000 using Tapatalk

I'm reading @balbes150 threads and i'm a litle confusing, what's better multimedia build with complete graphic acceleration s905D mecool ki pro?
thank you.

I will start with Armbian_5.76_Aml-s905_Ubuntu_bionic_dev_4.19.21_desktop_20190304 and run if needed media-script tool, thank you.

Edit: neither p230 dtb files work, i put dtb in path in uenv.ini y also Exten, rename a dtb.img in boot and stay en mecool logo.

I modified paths to /boot/dtv and nothing.

I'm losing something?

It only need dtb and boot.img (kernel) to load.

Manually boot into recovery and execute aml zip, Signature verification failed, I'm surrender.
edit: 5.94 has worked, time to test

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum.

I'm trying to boot this armbian in a MXQ Pro 4k (S905W 1G variant. wifi chip is SV6051P).

Mine board has a little problem, it lacks emmc because the old owner of the board desoldered it ( don't know why).

Anyway, I burned an sdcard, I put the right dtb into the config and tried to boot. Uboot starts and tries to boot the kernel, but after a bit the kernel panics and the image won't boot. I tried to change dtb's but the kernel still panics.

Any suggestion?

This is the bootlog: https://drive.google.com/open?id=141wLqc9daBeW0JjPvSTotXrvfqP8mmik

The ver. I'm trying to boot is the newer 5.xx so no need here to answer. Sorry! I'll post this in the right forum thread.

Edited by Pietrotti97
Wrong forum page.

Hi @lifeform,

Im trying do the same for Tp-link usb WiFi dongle drivers, but without succes becouse the @balbes150 armbian image I used does not have headers.

I see you are trying with another aproach, could you please let me know which repo are you using and Wich are the main steps you are doing?

Thanks a lot

23 minutes ago, Doroteo said:

Hi @lifeform,

Im trying do the same for Tp-link usb WiFi dongle drivers, but without succes becouse the @balbes150 armbian image I used does not have headers.

What driver/chip do you want to build? Your better off getting the correct kernel source from https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic_s905-kernel (or armbian build) if its a popular driver not enabled in the current /boot/config.

Search these forum threads for build instructions.

lord @balbes150 after try two images for ki pro, I am in need of some suggestions for you from my ignorance.
1.- Images have worked well, but frist, permissions aren't fine in the system, 1023 user and group in different places.

2.- Second and more important, trying to android stock or coreelec return neither emmc or sdcard have worked nicely. network in general was a nightmare, eth0 and wifi, i have had search for armbian image with 3.14.x kernel and flash dualboot and start image, after that network have started work nicely with android stock, no tested coreelec.
i suggest come back some 3.14.x images and post please, to avoid headaches.

i'll like use armbian with 3.14.x with web browser for netflix and kodi with full graphic acceleration.
thank you for your time y effort.

On 8/25/2019 at 12:37 PM, dbsharpe said:

What driver/chip do you want to build? Your better off getting the correct kernel source from https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic_s905-kernel (or armbian build) if its a popular driver not enabled in the current /boot/config.

Search these forum threads for build instructions.

The driver is for TL-WN823N, in the Tp-Link web site you can download driver sources and instrucctions for compile in linux with headers 

Hello guys !

Recently I launched ubuntu from sd card on my s905w (x96 mini). Everything works ok exept ethernet. It doesn't work both on server and desktop version of rom. When I asked balbes about that problem, he told me, that I have to configure dtb (or choose the right dtb). I looked through the forum for guide but found nothing. Although I did change dtb path in boot.ini from default to "meson-gxm-khadas-vim2.dtb" and then "meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb". None of that solved ethernet problem. Also I don't get the dfference between "dtb" and "dtb-5.2.1-aml-g12", cause the have the same files. Can someone help me with this ? At least link to guide or post ?

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I need the image: Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20171226.img.xz

or another with kernel 3.14.29 for the S9XXX if anyone can download it, I really appreciate it. I've searched the web a lot and haven't found it. Thanks!!!

1 hour ago, Leisoj said:

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I need the image: Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20171226.img.xz

I've uploaded it to megashares - https://mega.nz/#!g3xiFYgb!yzBHGRfaICeFSd7l8eJgEIdb3viHXBKuaHTNMYnrf5E
File details - Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20171226.img.xz - 843185252 bytes, md5sum aae9310959de43cdf3984d3105892bef

21 minutes ago, Leisoj said:

Hello everyone, my TV box is NEXBOX A95X S905X 1G/8G - Android 7.1, kernel 3.14.29. What is the best option to use for this model? I have tried some, but to no avail

Don't know but this post might help determining the board type (dtb to use):
https://forum.armbian.com/topic/2419-armbian-for-amlogic-s905-and-s905x-ver-544/?do=findComment&comment=66212
If not, you'll have to try every dtb and be patient - even though the screen isn't
working, ethernet and usb might be - see
https://forum.armbian.com/topic/2419-armbian-for-amlogic-s905-and-s905x-ver-544/?do=findComment&comment=58673

5 hours ago, Saurabh said:

Hi , can anyone provide me the link to download Armbian bionic image with kernel 3.14. I have seen that image earlier at the ydisk link which @balbes150 provided but seems he has removed it now .

I've uploaded it to megashares - https://mega.nz/#!0jxX1KBD!iws8Ojo_zJ5K7SllQ7c7xphP8SAbanMP6YypqnMnbbM
File details - Armbian_5.44_S9xxx_Ubuntu_bionic_3.14.29_mate_20180601.img.xz - 706438108 bytes, md5sum 8ee5fe48fbd0a255915b696bda170cf

2 hours ago, dbsharpe said:

Carreguei-o no megashares - https://mega.nz/#!0jxX1KBD!iws8Ojo_zJ5K7SllQ7c7xphP8SAbanMP6YypqnMnbbM
Detalhes do arquivo - Armbian_5.44_S9xxx_Ubuntu_bionic_3.14.29_mx2015605d8

Hello dbsharpe, thanks for making img available. Already able to install on Nexbox A95x S905X, it was not necessary to create dtb.img; Now I bought the X96 mini and wanted to put Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Debian_stretch_4.20 But I can't find it anywhere ...

14 minutes ago, Leisoj said:

Hello dbsharpe, thanks for making img available. Already able to install on Nexbox A95x S905X, it was not necessary to create dtb.img; Now I bought the X96 mini and wanted to put Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Debian_stretch_4.20 But I can't find it anywhere ...

Sorry, I only use Ubuntu and had downloaded debian by mistake.
If your looking for 4.20.x kernel files only, I'd get on from yadi.sk and extract the relevant files from /boot & root:/lib/modules/4.20* and put them on your working environment.

On 9/30/2019 at 7:59 PM, dbsharpe said:

Sorry, I only use Ubuntu and had downloaded debian by mistake.
If your looking for 4.20.x kernel files only, I'd get on from yadi.sk and extract the relevant files from /boot & root:/lib/modules/4.20* and put them on your working environment.

Hello dbsharpe,

Do you have ubuntu 12 for Armbian

Looking to purchase new amolgic tv box will be installing armbian desktop logging in remotely  i will need wifi to work.

Are there any s905xxx or s912 tv boxes anyone could recommend that has wifi working .

The main browsers are really slow! Both firefox and chromium. And also other webkit-based ones.

I did truly expect much better from the arm 64-bit 4-core.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any tricks to improve performance?

On 8/26/2019 at 12:10 AM, Doroteo said:

Hi @lifeform,

I see you are trying with another aproach, could you please let me know which repo are you using and Wich are the main steps you are doing?

Thanks a lot

sorry.. i just saw your reply. the repo is state at above https://github.com/kelebek333/rtl8188fu

is this what you mean? if you mean repo for debian i just used default

4 hours ago, dsh said:

Hello everybody,

Does anyone has Ubuntu server image with Kernel 3.14?

I've uploaded Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_server_20171226.img.xz to megashares
(md5sum a867b08685f25304847acfed7cc88803) - https://mega.nz/#!xqZgkQrB!g7HzYbusB0wifVxKbGwR-HPGETRvJMXyhu-u9SDy8pM
If you want any others, let me know - I've got kernel 3.14.79 as well.

Hi, is there a way to re-install the proper bootloader (or whatever changes) after trying for example coreelec or older libreelecbuilds from card when armbian is installed on internal? I had the card from armbian install still available, so I could do a reinstall on emmc via armbian config. Is there a simple way to copy just the part coreelec or other systems "destroy"? Or is there even a simple way to change the boot-thing on the cards from the old one to the newer one working with armbian and the kodi 19 testing builds?

By the way, Armbian_5.98_Aml-g12_Ubuntu_bionic_dev_5.4.0-rc4_desktop_20191025.img.xz works nice on the testing x96mini 2/16 s905w p281 box.

On 11/2/2019 at 2:25 AM, Turgus said:

Hi, is there a way to re-install the proper bootloader (or whatever changes) after trying for example coreelec or older libreelecbuilds from card when armbian is installed on internal? I had the card from armbian install still available, so I could do a reinstall on emmc via armbian config. Is there a simple way to copy just the part coreelec or other systems "destroy"? Or is there even a simple way to change the boot-thing on the cards from the old one to the newer one working with armbian and the kodi 19 testing builds?

By the way, Armbian_5.98_Aml-g12_Ubuntu_bionic_dev_5.4.0-rc4_desktop_20191025.img.xz works nice on the testing x96mini 2/16 s905w p281 box.

If you ran coreelec, you need to restore the regular Android firmware via USB Burn Tool and then re-activate the universal multi-boot.

Only this will allow Armbian and Libreelec to work correctly.