ARMBIAN for Amlogic S905 and S905X (ver 5.44 =<)

balbes150

@@balbes150 

i was looking into recovering gpu reserved memory on my headless s905 1GB box and reading at some odroid (c1) posts, i was wondering if it could be possible to implement the same thing with your s905_autoscript.

the idea would be to remove those dts entries dynamically using ftd commands but in a sub script like s905_headless that would be loaded by s905_autoscript, if found on the /boot partition.

Then for a desktop image you would simply remove the s905_headless sub script and it would still boot with full gpu hardware init.

I have not yet investigated s905 specifics to know exactly which dts elements could be removed, so this is only an example in order to know if the sub script idea is a possibility, or if you can't load a sub script from an parent one.

In that case you would need two "s905_autoscript", full init or gpu disabled.

One last thing, i remember reading about those dts modifications and people were saying that i could introduce stability problems because of timers associated with some of those hardware units, but i can't remember if it was related to amlogic or allwinner.

thx

@mdel

Look at the second page of this topic, maybe that's what you're asking. Modify the script as you like. Anything that can run u-boot, you can use the script in any variations.

The next update of images. The main change is in the way has a new version of u-boot supports 2 GB of RAM.

thx i knew it was somewhere around here.

it doesn't look like Shimon gave us some followups about stability when removing those timers, do you know if it fixed the problem ?

or are there other forums discussing that, i'll try to browse odroid c2 forums for that as well..

Quick question, i see that all your Linux/Armbian images are labelled s905x, are they compatible with s905 or did you move your s905 images elsewhere or stopped making them ?

The next update of images. The main change is in the way has a new version of u-boot supports 2 GB of RAM.

I see that you have changed CONFIG_DDR_CHANNEL_SET, CONFIG_DDR_SIZE and CONFIG_NR_DRAM_BANKS.

When I had problems with amlogic u-boot on my beelink mxiii (s905, 2gb ram) I have compared ddr configuration structures with original firmware binary - and I found they set CONFIG_DDR_CHANNEL_SET to CONFIG_DDR0_RANK01_DIFF (btw, but they didn't changed neither DDR_SIZE to 2048 nor NR_DRAM_BANKS to 2, linux see 2GB without it, only CONFIG_DDR0_RANK01_DIFF is required), what you did, but it also looks they are using in board/amlogic/gxb_p200_v1/firmware/timing.c ODT (on-die termination) 60OHM for DDR3 (default in amlogic sources is 120OHM):
#if (CONFIG_DDR_TYPE == CONFIG_DDR_TYPE_DDR3)
#define CFG_DDR_DRV  DDR3_DRV_40OHM
//#define CFG_DDR_ODT  DDR3_ODT_120OHM
#define CFG_DDR_ODT  DDR3_ODT_60OHM

I am not sure if it is required but maybe it can affect stability? boots ok with both values, but I didn't test them for longer period of time - but I have seen at least one kernel crash with 120ohm (then changed to 60).

Hi guys. First of all, thanks for the hard and great work you are doing here. All of you, developers and "testers".

I'm very interested in this discussion. In the past I made some custom kernels for x86 devices, someone headless, someone with desktop environment, some with local boot from SD or CF, someone with boot from network.

My interest is to reach this two goals with Amlogic S905X SoC (I use an excellent and extremelly cheap T95X box):

1) Use this box as desktop PC for people like me, actually ok working with an old Atom 1core CPU 2GB ram. We are system administrators and we don't need lightspeed :)

2) Use this box as linux thinclient for people who work in callcenter or some other high-worker-density office environments. They do not need many GB RAM o HDD. A browser and a SIP phone client is enough.

I read many many many pages in forums, I installed the latest Armbian developed/patched for this SoC.

Ok getting the shell, problems getting desktop environment working.

I know there are some pre-packed images for desktop, but I would like to reach a solution one step before and, if possible, give some contribution to let everybody free to install his preferred or customized desktop environment.

I really need to understand if the kernel, modules and firmware are really ok at this moment (NIC, wireless, USB hub, audio, bluetooth, etc)

I also need to understand if Xorg driver for Mali450 exists an if it is working. Or only framebuffer is usable? Why I'm not  able to run a configuration giving me 1920x1080? Why regular desktop env can't start the X session with high resolution and hw acceleration?

Deos each box need its own debugging/optimization before everything works?

I know these are general question, but I would like to know the state of the art and understand If I I have the required knowledge to help this community to reach the above goals (and many others, I hope)

So please, can anyone point me to a resume for the state of the art?

Thank for any suggestion.

g

I also need to understand if Xorg driver for Mali450 exists an if it is working. Or only framebuffer is usable?

Why I'm not  able to run a configuration giving me 1920x1080?

Why regular desktop env can't start the X session with high resolution and hw acceleration?

I have tested image from odroid-c2 with small adaptation under s905 and it is working for me - X on 1920x1080, works quite nice (however it is not like even cheap PC intel desktop).

I am not sure if it will be the same for s905x but they are quite similar (from cnx-software.com: "Amlogic S905X being an upgrade of Amlogic S905 with the same quad core Cortex A53 cores and Mali-450MP GPU but adding VP9 hard ware decoding, HDR support,  and integrating 10/100 Ethernet PHY and audio codec").

Driver for Mali450 exists and it is working - but please note that it is for 3d acceleration only, which is used by e.g. kodi and games (and chrome can use 3d acceleration, but i am not sure what it gives to us).

2d operations like e.g. moving windows are not accelerated and probably wont be because mali is pure 3d engine. 

You can find more info about these topics on odroid c2 forum.

I see that you have changed CONFIG_DDR_CHANNEL_SET, CONFIG_DDR_SIZE and CONFIG_NR_DRAM_BANKS.

When I had problems with amlogic u-boot on my beelink mxiii (s905, 2gb ram) I have compared ddr configuration structures with original firmware binary - and I found they set CONFIG_DDR_CHANNEL_SET to CONFIG_DDR0_RANK01_DIFF (btw, but they didn't changed neither DDR_SIZE to 2048 nor NR_DRAM_BANKS to 2, linux see 2GB without it, only CONFIG_DDR0_RANK01_DIFF is required), what you did, but it also looks they are using in board/amlogic/gxb_p200_v1/firmware/timing.c ODT (on-die termination) 60OHM for DDR3 (default in amlogic sources is 120OHM):
#if (CONFIG_DDR_TYPE == CONFIG_DDR_TYPE_DDR3)
#define CFG_DDR_DRV  DDR3_DRV_40OHM
//#define CFG_DDR_ODT  DDR3_ODT_120OHM
#define CFG_DDR_ODT  DDR3_ODT_60OHM

I am not sure if it is required but maybe it can affect stability? boots ok with both values, but I didn't test them for longer period of time - but I have seen at least one kernel crash with 120ohm (then changed to 60).

The TV boxes can use different memory chips and the configuration of the PCB Board. Therefore, these settings can be different for different iron.

Hi guys. First of all, thanks for the hard and great work you are doing here. All of you, developers and "testers".

I'm very interested in this discussion. In the past I made some custom kernels for x86 devices, someone headless, someone with desktop environment, some with local boot from SD or CF, someone with boot from network.

My interest is to reach this two goals with Amlogic S905X SoC (I use an excellent and extremelly cheap T95X box):

1) Use this box as desktop PC for people like me, actually ok working with an old Atom 1core CPU 2GB ram. We are system administrators and we don't need lightspeed :)

2) Use this box as linux thinclient for people who work in callcenter or some other high-worker-density office environments. They do not need many GB RAM o HDD. A browser and a SIP phone client is enough.

I read many many many pages in forums, I installed the latest Armbian developed/patched for this SoC.

Ok getting the shell, problems getting desktop environment working.

I know there are some pre-packed images for desktop, but I would like to reach a solution one step before and, if possible, give some contribution to let everybody free to install his preferred or customized desktop environment.

I really need to understand if the kernel, modules and firmware are really ok at this moment (NIC, wireless, USB hub, audio, bluetooth, etc)

I also need to understand if Xorg driver for Mali450 exists an if it is working. Or only framebuffer is usable? Why I'm not  able to run a configuration giving me 1920x1080? Why regular desktop env can't start the X session with high resolution and hw acceleration?

Deos each box need its own debugging/optimization before everything works?

I know these are general question, but I would like to know the state of the art and understand If I I have the required knowledge to help this community to reach the above goals (and many others, I hope)

So please, can anyone point me to a resume for the state of the art?

Thank for any suggestion.

g

In the coming days I plan to publish new versions of the images. Changes system settings, screen resolution. Now the script settings to be in the first FAT partition (/boot) and can easily be edited either on the PC or on the TV box. Set the desired resolution and color depth.

The TV boxes can use different memory chips and the configuration of the PCB Board. Therefore, these settings can be different for different iron.

So it is no purpose to include uboot builds into (your) images, imho, and you said that your images will be using new uboot. It can be even dangerous - if one will copy such uboot, with wrong ddr settings into internal emmc - tv box can be bricked, because uboot with incompatible ddr settings will be booting from emmc (so such box will not boot from sd card anymore), but wont be able to boot any operating system (this happend to me by using uboot compiled from amlogic sources; it was starting and executing scripts, even tftp was working, but neither android nor linux could be started successfully). Then only amlogic burn tool can help, but it is sometimes hard to do (windows required, problem with connections and drivers, etc). 

So it is no purpose to include uboot builds into (your) images, imho, and you said that your images will be using new uboot. It can be even dangerous - if one will copy such uboot, with wrong ddr settings into internal emmc - tv box can be bricked, because uboot with incompatible ddr settings will be booting from emmc (so such box will not boot from sd card anymore), but wont be able to boot any operating system (this happend to me by using uboot compiled from amlogic sources; it was starting and executing scripts, even tftp was working, but neither android nor linux could be started successfully). Then only amlogic burn tool can help, but it is sometimes hard to do (windows required, problem with connections and drivers, etc). 

1. u-boot, which I wrote, recorded in the first megabyte of the image as the bootable part (for those cases when you need to start the system when NOT working or missing bootloader in the internal memory). During normal system start-up from external media (using multi-boot), the boot loader may not affect the startup process (as it uses a standard boot loader from internal memory).

2. As long as the installation process does not require fully debugged, I don't post a script for automatic installation Armbian in TV boxes. Now to debug the installation scripts Armbian the internal memory there is NO step replaces the regular u-boot. The problem of debugging the installation process Armbian the internal memory that you can not change the code to the regular bootloader. Have to use limited features (commands) to run and use Linux.

3. In a modified u-boot is already enabled multiboot (you can launch from portable media).

4. I no longer use the USB cable and windows software for firmware (for archiving and full recovery of the contents of the internal memory, including u-boot). I was completely satisfied with the ddBR (NOT TWRP). For this I use the loader from the SD card that would be free to start the system from external media when you killed the internal loader. By the way, to create a complete backup and restore "brick" the PC is not needed. Simply plug in the SD card (with the backup that you need to do TO experiments with the TV box), a keyboard, closing the contacts and it's easy to completely restore the state of the TV box to experiments with the internal memory (eMMC) , including the initial state of u-boot and all the env settings.

Что-то не нахожу, как Ñделать Ñворачиваемый текÑÑ‚.

1. u-boot, о котором Ñ Ð½Ð°Ð¿Ð¸Ñал, запиÑан в первый мегабайт образа, в качеÑтве загрузочной чаÑти (Ð´Ð»Ñ Ñ‚ÐµÑ… Ñлучаев, когда нужно запуÑкать ÑиÑтему при ÐЕ работающем или отÑутÑтвующем загрузчике во внутренней памÑти). При обычном запуÑке ÑиÑтемы Ñ Ð²Ð½ÐµÑˆÐ½ÐµÐ³Ð¾ ноÑÐ¸Ñ‚ÐµÐ»Ñ (Ñ Ð¸Ñпользованием мультизагрузки), Ñтот загрузчик ни как не влиÑет на процеÑÑ Ð·Ð°Ð¿ÑƒÑка (так как иÑпользуетÑÑ ÑˆÑ‚Ð°Ñ‚Ð½Ñ‹Ð¹ загрузчик из внутренней памÑти). 2. До тех пор, пока процеÑÑ ÑƒÑтановки не бует полноÑтью отлажен, Ñ Ð½Ðµ выкладываю  Ñкрипт Ð´Ð»Ñ Ð°Ð²Ñ‚Ð¾Ð¼Ð°Ñ‚Ð¸Ñ‡ÐµÑкой уÑтановки Armbian в ТВ бокÑÑ‹. Ð’ отлаживаемых ÑÐµÐ¹Ñ‡Ð°Ñ Ñкриптах уÑтановки Armbian во внутреннюю памÑÑ‚ÑŒ ÐЕТ шага  заменÑющего штатный  u-boot. Ð’ÑÑ Ð¿Ñ€Ð¾Ð±Ð»ÐµÐ¼Ð° отладки процеÑÑа уÑтановки Armbian во внутреннюю памÑÑ‚ÑŒ в том, что Ð½ÐµÐ»ÑŒÐ·Ñ Ð¸Ð·Ð¼ÐµÐ½ÑÑ‚ÑŒ код штатного загрузчика. ПриходитьÑÑ Ð¸Ñпользовать только его ограниченные возможноÑти (команды) Ð´Ð»Ñ Ð¿Ð¾Ð»Ð½Ð¾Ñ†ÐµÐ½Ð½Ð¾Ð³Ð¾ запуÑка и иÑÐ¿Ð¾Ð»ÑŒÐ·Ð¾Ð²Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ñ Linux. 3. Ð’ модифицированном u-boot уже включена мультизагрузка (запуÑк ÑиÑтем Ñ Ð²Ð½ÐµÑˆÐ½Ð¸Ñ… ноÑителей). 4. Я уже давно не иÑпользую кабель USB и windows программу Ð´Ð»Ñ Ð¿Ñ€Ð¾ÑˆÐ¸Ð²ÐºÐ¸ (Ð´Ð»Ñ Ð°Ñ€Ñ…Ð¸Ð²Ð¸Ñ€Ð¾Ð²Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ñ Ð¸ полного воÑÑÑ‚Ð°Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ð»ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ñодержимого внутренней памÑти, в том чиÑле u-boot). ÐœÐµÐ½Ñ Ð¿Ð¾Ð»Ð½Ð¾Ñтью уÑтраивают возможноÑти ddBR (Ñто ÐЕ TWRP). Как раз Ð´Ð»Ñ Ñтого Ñ Ð¸Ñпользую загрузчик Ñ SD карты, что-бы Ñвободно запуÑкать ÑиÑтему Ñ Ð²Ð½ÐµÑˆÐ½Ð¸Ñ… ноÑителей при убитом внутреннем загрузчике. КÑтати, Ð´Ð»Ñ ÑÐ¾Ð·Ð´Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ñ Ð¿Ð¾Ð»Ð½Ð¾Ð¹ резервной копии и воÑÑÑ‚Ð°Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ð»ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ "кирпичей", ПК не нужен. ДоÑтаточно подключить SD карту (Ñ Ñ€ÐµÐ·ÐµÑ€Ð²Ð½Ð¾Ð¹ копией, которую нужно Ñделать ДО ÑкÑпериментов Ñ Ð¢Ð’ бокÑом), клавиатуру, замкнуть контакты и можно легко полноÑтью воÑÑтановить ÑоÑтоÑние ТВ бокÑа до ÑкÑпериментов Ñ Ð²Ð½ÑƒÑ‚Ñ€ÐµÐ½Ð½Ð¸Ð¼ Ñодержимым памÑти (eMMC) , Ð²ÐºÐ»ÑŽÑ‡Ð°Ñ Ð¸Ñходное ÑоÑтоÑние u-boot и полноÑтью вÑе наÑтройки env.

Edited by zador.blood.stained
Add [spoiler]...[/spoiler] tags

[...]

4. I no longer use the USB cable and windows software for firmware (for archiving and full recovery of the contents of the internal memory, including u-boot). I was completely satisfied with the ddBR (NOT TWRP).

[...]

Can you share some details about this ddBR procedure?

Thanks!

Can you share some details about this ddBR procedure?

Thanks!

1. you can use the dd command to create a copy and restore.

2. use simple scripts, which is already composed of all the images Armbian which I collect. A list of current scripts.

dd_backup - creates a complete copy of all internal memory.

dd_backup_3g - creates a copy of the first 3 GB of memory. Almost all firmwares I've seen are placed in the first 2-3 GB of memory. Next are user data.

dd_restore - restores content from a previously created backup.

Pay attention. Before using the scripts running system from SD card, be SURE to check what names are assigned to the internal memory is mmcblk0 or mmcblk1 (command "fdisk -l"). And depending on this to fix the scripts. By default, they use mmcblk0. This link has more information.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905/tronsmart-ac/firmware-roms-tools-at/580062-s905_ddbr

We strongly recommend to use stream compression during the backup. Such copies do NOT work. Backup compression (to reduce size for storage) you need to perform after the backup is complete. Time backup can be significant (depending on the carrier speed). For example for TV box 16GB - about 15-30 minutes.

The new version (20161213) of images Armbian. In desktop versions of images added autologin and autostart the GUI after the initial configuration of the system and create a primary user (in the console there are no images of this). After creating the primary user, the system will automatically reboot and will automatically start the graphical interface (XFCE). Changed the algorithm for setting the video output. In this version of the configure script output (s905x_init.sh) reside in a directory on a FAT partition (on a running system, this partition is automatically mounted to the /boot directory). This script can be changed. To change the screen resolution from 720p to 1080p, you need to uncomment the line "#mode=1080p60hz" and comment out the line "mode=720h60hz". Similarly, you can change the color depth from the default 24 to 32 (bpp=24). Note that with 32 bit color significantly changes the desktop. In this script you can place the commands you want to run WebMin , Doker, ask line to run the USB port (if necessary), configure, sound card, etc.

Bug with out of sync image is not yet resolved. If you encounter such problem you need to perform a soft restart system with Ctrl+Alt+Del. Please note - you must restart the system WITHOUT turning off the power. If you restart with power off-synchronization can not be restored, When power is turned off is reset and the process repeats with a new one. Sometimes you have to restart the system several times until you see a stable picture.

If the picture is out of sync when you start GUI, you must switch to text console (Ctrl+Alt+F2) and give the command restart (Ctrl+Alt+Del).

Edited by balbes150

I tried to run the 12.13 debian cli version on Mini M8S II (S905X, 2GB/16GB) and got this:

armbian_M8SII.jpg

Should I wait more or it is done with these errors?

I haven't copy any dtb to the root folder. 

I've read some post about working debian on the same device so obviously I do something wrong. 

Could you suggest which version I try?

After a few minutes I'v got another line, picture updated.

I see the login prompt there, so it definitely finisted booting - you can press Enter to display the prompt on a new line and ignore any messages (at least during tests, @balbes150 should know better if you need to copy DTB or do anything else)

Wow! How could you see that?

You are right I had to press enter and I got the login stuff.

Thank you!

In Debian, after the system prompts you for authentication, after some time continues output in the console from the USB hub. It is slow initializing and polling to display the test messages. @zador.blood.stained already written that simply Enter to reset "spurious messages". To bypass missing a single button, so don't see a big problem to me now is a pity to waste time on it. Maybe I need to check udev rules or settings. If anyone can help I'd be grateful for your help and solution.

In the autorun script to enable this option easily.

If you are interested in tests, I can gather the different versions of the script (with any options and commands) and upload these scripts to the website.

https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic_s905

The source text file, which is used to run Armbian can be taken here

https://github.com/150balbes/lib/blob/master/config/bootscripts/boot-amlogics905x.cmd

OK, I tried the desktop version booted fine but in 720p.

I edited the s905x.sh in the boot and got 1920x1080 video output but the lower half is black.

How can i fix that?

If the picture is out of sync when you start GUI, you must switch to text console (Ctrl+Alt+F2) and give the command restart (Ctrl+Alt+Del).

I've changed the bpp to 16 and got full screen.

Also tried bpp 32  and it was half screen too  but not cutted but shrinked.

bpp 16 working fine.

Hi, I have a Beelink MiniMXIII II (s905x 2GB RAM), I flashed a SD with the last released image of Ubuntu desktop (20161213) and tried the toothpick method (this method works with Libreelec) but Android still boots up. Tried also with another SD and USB stick but same result.

Hi guys. Hope someone between you can help a poor newbie :(

Just installed img 3.14.29_20161214 Jessie

First boot resulted in scrambled characters on hdmi screen. After a blind login the system rebooted ok.

I'm now facing with this main problems:

1) Which file in the SD card have I to edit to change the eth0 MAC address (a foreign one is pre-set in the img)?

2) I have no cursor at the shell :| (of course I do have it if I connect via ssh from remote)

3) X can't start after I installed essential packages (of course I'm missing someone or some configuration ...)

Installed:

xserver-xorg

xinit

libdrm2

xserver-xorg-video-fbdev

libump

libgl1-mesa-dri

Here my xorg log after startx 

X.Org X Server 1.16.4

Release Date: 2014-12-20
[  1264.450] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
[  1264.453] Build Operating System: Linux 3.16.0-4-arm64 aarch64 Debian
[  1264.455] Current Operating System: Linux amlogic-s905x 3.14.29 #19 SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 14 16:46:56 MSK 2016 aarch64
[  1264.455] Kernel command line: root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyS0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 mac=00:15:18:01:81:31 
[  1264.463] Build Date: 11 February 2015  01:19:23AM
[  1264.466] xorg-server 2:1.16.4-1 (http://www.debian.org/support
[  1264.469] Current version of pixman: 0.32.6
[  1264.474]    Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
        to make sure that you have the latest version.
[  1264.474] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
        (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
[  1264.487] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed Dec 14 20:14:47 2016
[  1264.493] (==) Using config directory: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d"
[  1264.496] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
[  1264.511] (==) No Layout section.  Using the first Screen section.
[  1264.511] (==) No screen section available. Using defaults.
[  1264.511] (**) |-->Screen "Default Screen Section" (0)
[  1264.511] (**) |   |-->Monitor "<default monitor>"
[  1264.512] (==) No monitor specified for screen "Default Screen Section".
        Using a default monitor configuration.
[  1264.512] (**) Option "BlankTime" "0"
[  1264.512] (**) Option "StandbyTime" "0"
[  1264.512] (**) Option "SuspendTime" "0"
[  1264.512] (**) Option "OffTime" "0"
[  1264.512] (==) Automatically adding devices
[  1264.512] (==) Automatically enabling devices
[  1264.512] (==) Automatically adding GPU devices
[  1264.512] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc" does not exist.
[  1264.512]    Entry deleted from font path.
[  1264.512] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic" does not exist.
[  1264.512] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/" does not exist.
[  1264.512] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/" does not exist.
[  1264.512] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1" does not exist.
[  1264.512] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi" does not exist.
[  1264.512] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi" does not exist.
[  1264.513] (==) FontPath set to:
        built-ins
[  1264.513] (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
[  1264.513] (II) The server relies on udev to provide the list of input devices.
        If no devices become available, reconfigure udev or disable AutoAddDevices.
[  1264.513] (II) Loader magic: 0x5559ad1ce8
[  1264.513] (II) Module ABI versions:
[  1264.513]    X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
[  1264.513]    X.Org Video Driver: 18.0
[  1264.513]    X.Org XInput driver : 21.0
[  1264.513]    X.Org Server Extension : 8.0
[  1264.513] (II) no primary bus or device found
[  1264.514] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
[  1264.517] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
[  1264.608] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[  1264.608]    compiled for 1.16.4, module version = 1.0.0
[  1264.608]    ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 8.0
[  1264.609] (==) AIGLX enabled
[  1264.612] (==) Matched modesetting as autoconfigured driver 0
[  1264.612] (==) Matched fbdev as autoconfigured driver 1
[  1264.612] (==) Assigned the driver to the xf86ConfigLayout
[  1264.612] (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"
[  1264.614] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/modesetting_drv.so
[  1264.619] (II) Module modesetting: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[  1264.619]    compiled for 1.16.4, module version = 0.9.0
[  1264.619]    Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[  1264.619]    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 18.0
[  1264.619] (II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
[  1264.620] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.so
[  1264.623] (II) Module fbdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[  1264.623]    compiled for 1.16.0, module version = 0.4.4
[  1264.623]    Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[  1264.623]    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 18.0
[  1264.623] (II) modesetting: Driver for Modesetting Kernel Drivers: kms
[  1264.623] (II) FBDEV: driver for framebuffer: fbdev
[  1264.623] (++) using VT number 1

[  1264.623] (--) controlling tty is VT number 1, auto-enabling KeepTty
[  1264.623] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for modesetting
[  1264.623] (EE) open /dev/dri/card0: No such file or directory
[  1264.623] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for fbdev
[  1264.623] (II) Loading sub module "fbdevhw"
[  1264.623] (II) LoadModule: "fbdevhw"
[  1264.624] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfbdevhw.so
[  1264.627] (II) Module fbdevhw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[  1264.627]    compiled for 1.16.4, module version = 0.0.2
[  1264.627]    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 18.0
[  1264.627] (II) FBDEV(0): using default device
[  1264.627] (WW) VGA arbiter: cannot open kernel arbiter, no multi-card support
[  1264.627] (II) FBDEV(0): Creating default Display subsection in Screen section
        "Default Screen Section" for depth/fbbpp 24/24
[  1264.627] (==) FBDEV(0): Depth 24, (==) framebuffer bpp 24
[  1264.627] (==) FBDEV(0): RGB weight 888
[  1264.627] (==) FBDEV(0): Default visual is TrueColor
[  1264.627] (==) FBDEV(0): Using gamma correction (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
[  1264.627] (II) FBDEV(0): hardware: OSD FB (video memory: 24576kB)
[  1264.627] (II) FBDEV(0): checking modes against framebuffer device...
[  1264.627] (II) FBDEV(0): checking modes against monitor...
[  1264.627] (--) FBDEV(0): Virtual size is 1280x720 (pitch 1280)
[  1264.627] (**) FBDEV(0):  Built-in mode "current"
[  1264.627] (==) FBDEV(0): DPI set to (96, 96)
[  1264.627] (II) Loading sub module "fb"
[  1264.628] (II) LoadModule: "fb"
[  1264.628] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfb.so
[  1264.640] (II) Module fb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[  1264.640]    compiled for 1.16.4, module version = 1.0.0
[  1264.640]    ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[  1264.640] (**) FBDEV(0): using shadow framebuffer
[  1264.640] (II) Loading sub module "shadow"
[  1264.641] (II) LoadModule: "shadow"
[  1264.641] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libshadow.so
[  1264.645] (II) Module shadow: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[  1264.645]    compiled for 1.16.4, module version = 1.1.0
[  1264.645]    ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[  1264.645] (II) UnloadModule: "modesetting"
[  1264.645] (II) Unloading modesetting
[  1264.645] (==) Depth 24 pixmap format is 32 bpp
[  1264.719] (==) FBDEV(0): Backing store enabled
[  1264.727] (==) FBDEV(0): DPMS enabled
[  1264.727] (==) RandR enabled
[  1264.752] (II) SELinux: Disabled on system
[  1264.754] (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable
[  1264.754] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
[  1264.922] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast
[  1264.922] (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
[  1265.089] (II) config/udev: Adding input device USB Keyboard (/dev/input/event3)
[  1265.089] (**) USB Keyboard: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[  1265.089] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"
[  1265.090] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so
[  1265.111] (II) Module evdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[  1265.111]    compiled for 1.16.0, module version = 2.9.0
[  1265.111]    Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
[  1265.111]    ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 21.0
[  1265.111] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'USB Keyboard'
[  1265.111] (**) USB Keyboard: always reports core events
[  1265.111] (**) evdev: USB Keyboard: Device: "/dev/input/event3"
[  1265.112] (--) evdev: USB Keyboard: Vendor 0x461 Product 0x10
[  1265.112] (--) evdev: USB Keyboard: Found keys
[  1265.112] (II) evdev: USB Keyboard: Configuring as keyboard
[  1265.112] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/c9000000.dwc3/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.0/0003:0461:0010.0001/input/input3/event3"
[  1265.112] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "USB Keyboard" (type: KEYBOARD, id 6)
[  1265.112] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[  1265.112] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[  1265.112] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"
[  1265.114] (II) config/udev: Adding input device USB Keyboard (/dev/input/event4)
[  1265.114] (**) USB Keyboard: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[  1265.114] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'USB Keyboard'
[  1265.114] (**) USB Keyboard: always reports core events
[  1265.114] (**) evdev: USB Keyboard: Device: "/dev/input/event4"
[  1265.114] (--) evdev: USB Keyboard: Vendor 0x461 Product 0x10
[  1265.114] (--) evdev: USB Keyboard: Found 1 mouse buttons
[  1265.114] (--) evdev: USB Keyboard: Found scroll wheel(s)
[  1265.114] (--) evdev: USB Keyboard: Found relative axes
[  1265.114] (II) evdev: USB Keyboard: Forcing relative x/y axes to exist.
[  1265.115] (--) evdev: USB Keyboard: Found absolute axes
[  1265.115] (II) evdev: USB Keyboard: Forcing absolute x/y axes to exist.
[  1265.115] (--) evdev: USB Keyboard: Found keys
[  1265.115] (II) evdev: USB Keyboard: Configuring as mouse
[  1265.115] (II) evdev: USB Keyboard: Configuring as keyboard
[  1265.115] (II) evdev: USB Keyboard: Adding scrollwheel support
[  1265.115] (**) evdev: USB Keyboard: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[  1265.115] (**) evdev: USB Keyboard: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
[  1265.115] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/c9000000.dwc3/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.1/0003:0461:0010.0002/input/input4/event4"
[  1265.115] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "USB Keyboard" (type: KEYBOARD, id 7)
[  1265.115] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[  1265.115] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[  1265.115] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"
[  1265.115] (II) evdev: USB Keyboard: initialized for relative axes.
[  1265.116] (WW) evdev: USB Keyboard: ignoring absolute axes.
[  1265.116] (**) USB Keyboard: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[  1265.116] (**) USB Keyboard: (accel) acceleration profile 0
[  1265.116] (**) USB Keyboard: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[  1265.116] (**) USB Keyboard: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[  1265.117] (II) config/udev: Adding input device gpio_keypad (/dev/input/event1)
[  1265.117] (**) gpio_keypad: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[  1265.117] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'gpio_keypad'
[  1265.117] (**) gpio_keypad: always reports core events
[  1265.117] (**) evdev: gpio_keypad: Device: "/dev/input/event1"
[  1265.117] (--) evdev: gpio_keypad: Vendor 0x1 Product 0x1
[  1265.117] (--) evdev: gpio_keypad: Found keys
[  1265.117] (II) evdev: gpio_keypad: Configuring as keyboard
[  1265.117] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/gpio_keypad.48/input/input1/event1"
[  1265.118] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "gpio_keypad" (type: KEYBOARD, id 8)
[  1265.118] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[  1265.118] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[  1265.118] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"
[  1265.119] (II) config/udev: Adding input device aml_keypad (/dev/input/event0)
[  1265.119] (**) aml_keypad: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"
[  1265.119] (**) aml_keypad: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[  1265.119] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'aml_keypad'
[  1265.119] (**) aml_keypad: always reports core events
[  1265.120] (**) evdev: aml_keypad: Device: "/dev/input/event0"
[  1265.120] (--) evdev: aml_keypad: Vendor 0x1 Product 0x1
[  1265.120] (--) evdev: aml_keypad: Found 20 mouse buttons
[  1265.120] (--) evdev: aml_keypad: Found scroll wheel(s)
[  1265.120] (--) evdev: aml_keypad: Found relative axes
[  1265.120] (--) evdev: aml_keypad: Found x and y relative axes
[  1265.120] (--) evdev: aml_keypad: Found keys
[  1265.120] (II) evdev: aml_keypad: Configuring as mouse
[  1265.120] (II) evdev: aml_keypad: Configuring as keyboard
[  1265.120] (II) evdev: aml_keypad: Adding scrollwheel support
[  1265.120] (**) evdev: aml_keypad: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[  1265.120] (**) evdev: aml_keypad: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
[  1265.120] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/meson-remote.12/input/input0/event0"
[  1265.120] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "aml_keypad" (type: KEYBOARD, id 9)
[  1265.120] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[  1265.120] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[  1265.120] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"
[  1265.121] (II) evdev: aml_keypad: initialized for relative axes.
[  1265.121] (**) aml_keypad: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[  1265.121] (**) aml_keypad: (accel) acceleration profile 0
[  1265.121] (**) aml_keypad: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[  1265.122] (**) aml_keypad: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[  1265.122] (II) config/udev: Adding input device aml_keypad (/dev/input/mouse0)
[  1265.122] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[  1265.122] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[  1265.123] (II) config/udev: Adding input device cec_input (/dev/input/event2)
[  1265.123] (**) cec_input: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[  1265.123] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'cec_input'
[  1265.123] (**) cec_input: always reports core events
[  1265.123] (**) evdev: cec_input: Device: "/dev/input/event2"
[  1265.123] (--) evdev: cec_input: Vendor 0x1b8e Product 0xcec
[  1265.124] (--) evdev: cec_input: Found 1 mouse buttons
[  1265.124] (--) evdev: cec_input: Found keys
[  1265.124] (II) evdev: cec_input: Forcing relative x/y axes to exist.
[  1265.124] (II) evdev: cec_input: Configuring as mouse
[  1265.124] (II) evdev: cec_input: Configuring as keyboard
[  1265.124] (**) evdev: cec_input: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[  1265.124] (**) evdev: cec_input: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
[  1265.124] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/virtual/input/input2/event2"
[  1265.124] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "cec_input" (type: KEYBOARD, id 10)
[  1265.124] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[  1265.124] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[  1265.124] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"
[  1265.621] (II) evdev: cec_input: Close
[  1265.621] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
[  1265.621] (II) evdev: aml_keypad: Close
[  1265.621] (II) evdev: gpio_keypad: Close
[  1265.621] (II) evdev: USB Keyboard: Close
[  1265.621] (II) evdev: USB Keyboard: Close
[  1265.692] (EE) Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.

Here my loaded modules:

# lsmod

Module                  Size  Used by
cfg80211              394994  0 
joydev                 10320  0 
mali                  193845  0 
fuse                   77260  1 
autofs4                24557  2

Any suggestion or link (if already discussed),  will be appreciated. ThanX! 

Hi, I have a Beelink MiniMXIII II (s905x 2GB RAM), I flashed a SD with the last released image of Ubuntu desktop (20161213) and tried the toothpick method (this method works with Libreelec) but Android still boots up. Tried also with another SD and USB stick but same result.

1. What is the contents of the FAT partition on the card after writing the image ? What files are there ?

2. Have you tried to run local update "aml_autoscript.zip" using the standard Android app "Update&Backup" ?

Hi guys. Hope someone between you can help a poor newbie :(

Just installed img 3.14.29_20161214 Jessie

First boot resulted in scrambled characters on hdmi screen. After a blind login the system rebooted ok.

I'm now facing with this main problems:

1) Which file in the SD card have I to edit to change the eth0 MAC address (a foreign one is pre-set in the img)?

2) I have no cursor at the shell :| (of course I do have it if I connect via ssh from remote)

3) X can't start after I installed essential packages (of course I'm missing someone or some configuration ...)

Installed:

xserver-xorg

xinit

libdrm2

xserver-xorg-video-fbdev

libump

libgl1-mesa-dri

Here my xorg log after startx 

Here my loaded modules:

Any suggestion or link (if already discussed),  will be appreciated. ThanX! 

1. Rebuild script s905_autoscript with the desired data (mac). Or Wait a few days, I'll get a new image, which will be part of the script with modified algorithm to obtain the MAC address (if not able to obtain from the internal memory, it will use a preset).

2. In the near future is not planned.

3. Wait until tomorrow - when will be uploaded to the website all the images of Debian and Ubuntu (including graphics).