Running WSJTX on Armbian

Go to solution Solved by Igor,

• Solution
48 minutes ago, Cliff said:

Is this a known issue or is it something wrong with the build?

If your sound works in the system (from here on its not an OS problem anymore) but not in this application, than you have to search application developer instructions, file a bug to them (Wsytx). If sound doesn't work anywhere but you are using official Armbian on the officially supported hardware, then this way

18 minutes ago, Igor said:

using official Armbian on the officially supported hardware

Nope, he does not

1 hour ago, Cliff said:

Inovato Quadra

Isn't that this board where the vendor explicitly asked customers to not bug Armbian folks with issues?

5 minutes ago, Werner said:

Isn't that this board where the vendor explicitly asked customers to not bug Armbian folks with issues?

Correct.  This if from the Inovato website:

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have any questions or problems with this process, by all means use the Armbian Forums to search for information, but please DO NOT ask questions if you can't find your answer.  They don't support the Quadra firmware: We do. So please use the Support category on this forum.

Sorry for any confusion folks. I am not coming from the Inovato website.

The Inovato box is running the official Ambian software.

The system appears to be working fine for everything except one application. Others that use the same sound card work fine so I know it isn't specifically an armbian issue. My question was posted to see if anyone had installed the wsjtx software successfully on this system thinking there may be some unique issue that the wsjtx software didn't handle. I don't expect help fixing the software, but just was trying to see if anyone else had been successful so I would know for sure it is a problem with my build.

I take it that questions of this sort are not welcome here so I won't bother you any more. Was just hoping, but......

Cliff

@Cliff  There is no official Armbian software for this box as this is not a supported box by Armbian.  If I may ask, where did you get this 'official' armbian from?  The only reason I ask, is if there is something that leads people to believe something is supported when it isn't, that is an area that we can improve docs/website, etc to avoid future confusion.

1 hour ago, Cliff said:

My question was posted to see if anyone had installed the wsjtx software successfully on this system

OK, no worries. Just our MO starts from the hardware perspective first. Armbian team can't really help as this is most likely an software provider issue and if you don't use official Innovato build, sound might not work ... that's why we are jumping up ;) 

But like you said, someone might install it ... this is forum, so perhaps someone did and will tell something about.

73 de Igor