[CNX-Software] - NanoPi R5C mini router features two 2.5GbE ports, supports M.2 wireless modules

RSS Bot

NanoPi R5C router WiFi module

FriendlyElec NanoPi R5C is a smaller version of the NanoPi R5S router with the same Rockchip RK3568 processor, but only two 2.5GbE ports and support for an internal M.2 WiFi and Bluetooth module, instead of just USB dongles for the earlier NanoPi R-series routers. The mini router can also be used as a mini PC thanks to a built-in HDMI 2.0 video output port and two USB 3.2 ports and is offered in two versions with either 1GB RAM and 8GB eMMC flash, or 4GB RAM and 32GB storage for just $10 more. NanoPi R5C specifications: SoC – Rockchip RK3568B2 quad-core Cortex-A55 processor @ up to 2.0 GHz with Arm Mali-G52 MP2 GPU, 0.8 TOPS AI accelerator, 4Kp60 H.265/H.264/VP9 video decoder, 1080p60 H.264/H.265 video encoder System Memory & Storage 1GB LPDDR4X and 8GB eMMC flash or 4GB LPDDR4X and 32GB eMMC flash MicroSD card socket Video Output – 1x HDMI [...]

The post NanoPi R5C mini router features two 2.5GbE ports, supports M.2 wireless modules appeared first on CNX Software - Embedded Systems News.

View the full article

Waiting for a RPi4 since Dec'21. So I just ordered the Nanopi R5C (which arrived by today). But it looks like there is no ARMbian for it, right now. Might it be compatible with another ARMbian image? Maybe the one for Nanoopii R5S?

Edited by Bananarama

And it's a pain in the neck to get this thing to run, as often with RockChip board.
At least you're not forced to shorcut two pads on the board to get it to accept the SDCard booting (there's a button), but that does not work for me. 🙄

Does it show a heartbeat on the front LEDs? If not,try flashing the SD,again. First I wrote the image as downloaded on SD card (raw mode). That didn't work nor did Etcher give me a negative feedback.Using the windows tool Mini Tool@Partition Wizard you can see if there are several volumes on the sd card.If not,you're doing it wrong. Never had any issues with Allwinner,Broadcom,Rockchip... Also I noticed I have to connect the WAN port and not LAN. Else you won't get proper access via DHCP.

Which image did you use? On the Nanopi R5C wiki there's a downloadlink to a gdrive.

Thanks for your answer.
I have used quite a few images from FriendlyElec, then switched to various RK3568-linked images.
I thought one needed to use this damn button to tell the board not to boot on the eMMC, but I may be wrong. 🤷‍♂️

rk3568-nanopi-r5s-debian-bullseye-6.1.2-arm64-ext4-2023-01-03-1010.img, rk3568-eflasher-friendlywrt-22.03-20230115.img, rk3568-sd-friendlywrt-22.03-20230115.img, Armbian_23.02.0-trunk_Station-p2_sid_edge_6.2.0.img

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines