Using ./compile.sh without gui

prutka

Hi

Sorry for long delay but I have strange limit one post per day which makes impossible to use forum....

Anyway, I looked into this doc few times and could not get there what I want. The only thing that is there is chapter mentioning cryptic "variables minimizing user input". So did you referred to some special part of this page that I overlooked, or |You mean that I need to pass all those variables from this chapter to not have UI popup or its not possible at all ?

Also some link to CI runner scripts would probably help ;)

4 hours ago, prutka said:

t I have strange limit one post per day

This limit will lift automatically once you got approved posts. This measure is unfortunately required to fight spam in forums.

4 hours ago, prutka said:

Also some link to CI runner scripts would probably help ;)

Take a look here:https://github.com/armbian/build/tree/master/.github/workflows

10 hours ago, prutka said:

You mean that I need to pass all those variables from this chapter to not have UI popup

If you were to run this on a normal environment (it is designed to run on a PC (x86) running Ubuntu Jammy) you would see that at the end of the UI it prints out the command line equivalent of what you just entered through the UI,  So the UI is only invoked if a particular parameter isn't passed on the command line.  Experiment around and see how this works.

Imho it's bad that such fundamental usecase is not desribed in any sensible 1-2 sentences. For the record output from UI mangles terminal and "consumes" logs. I also did not found any logs in bash scripts. What you will find is comment in code:

# if KERNEL_ONLY, KERNEL_CONFIGURE, BOARD, BRANCH or RELEASE are not set, display selection menu

So summary, manualy debuging seems like minimal subset is (values up to user wish ofc):

sudo ./compile.sh  KERNEL_ONLY=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=false BOARD=bananapim2zero BRANCH=current RELEASE=jammy

Which boils down that you need to set each param that corresponds 1to1 to each UI screen.

Hope it helps next one. Thx ;)