Armbian + EFI\grub + NVMe

balbes150

@balbes150

Have you seen the rebornOS (arch based) image for rock5b? It's using radxa's SPI (and erasing MTD before with zero.img) detailed here,
and then simply flashing the OS img file to nvme. This gets even grub installed, no clue if grub is really usable. 

Maybe there is something useful for your work to explore there.

gl2mark2-es2-wayland on gnome:

Spoiler

rock@rock5b ~> glmark2-es2-wayland
=======================================================
    glmark2 2023.01
    OpenGL Information
    GL_VENDOR:      Panfrost
    GL_RENDERER:    Mali-G610 (Panfrost)
    GL_VERSION:     OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 23.0.0-devel (git-120202c675)
    Surface Config: buf=32 r=8 g=8 b=8 a=8 depth=24 stencil=0 samples=0
    Surface Size:   800x600 windowed
[build] use-vbo=false: FPS: 2992 FrameTime: 0.334 ms
[build] use-vbo=true: FPS: 4263 FrameTime: 0.235 ms
[texture] texture-filter=nearest: FPS: 5130 FrameTime: 0.195 ms
[texture] texture-filter=linear: FPS: 5087 FrameTime: 0.197 ms
[texture] texture-filter=mipmap: FPS: 5095 FrameTime: 0.196 ms
[shading] shading=gouraud: FPS: 4111 FrameTime: 0.243 ms
[shading] shading=blinn-phong-inf: FPS: 3684 FrameTime: 0.271 ms
[shading] shading=phong: FPS: 3225 FrameTime: 0.310 ms
[shading] shading=cel: FPS: 3276 FrameTime: 0.305 ms
[bump] bump-render=high-poly: FPS: 1697 FrameTime: 0.589 ms
[bump] bump-render=normals: FPS: 4908 FrameTime: 0.204 ms
[bump] bump-render=height: FPS: 4877 FrameTime: 0.205 ms
[effect2d] kernel=0,1,0;1,-4,1;0,1,0;: FPS: 4120 FrameTime: 0.243 ms
[effect2d] kernel=1,1,1,1,1;1,1,1,1,1;1,1,1,1,1;: FPS: 1877 FrameTime: 0.533 ms
[pulsar] light=false:quads=5:texture=false: FPS: 4736 FrameTime: 0.211 ms
[desktop] blur-radius=5:effect=blur:passes=1:separable=true:windows=4: FPS: 596 FrameTime: 1.680 ms
[desktop] effect=shadow:windows=4: FPS: 1305 FrameTime: 0.766 ms
[buffer] columns=200:interleave=false:update-dispersion=0.9:update-fraction=0.5:update-method=map: FPS: 277 FrameTime: 3.612 ms
[buffer] columns=200:interleave=false:update-dispersion=0.9:update-fraction=0.5:update-method=subdata: FPS: 276 FrameTime: 3.634 ms
[buffer] columns=200:interleave=true:update-dispersion=0.9:update-fraction=0.5:update-method=map: FPS: 329 FrameTime: 3.043 ms
[ideas] speed=duration: FPS: 764 FrameTime: 1.310 ms
[jellyfish] <default>: FPS: 2616 FrameTime: 0.382 ms
[terrain] <default>: FPS: 127 FrameTime: 7.922 ms
[shadow] <default>: FPS: 1688 FrameTime: 0.593 ms
[refract] <default>: FPS: 279 FrameTime: 3.589 ms
[conditionals] fragment-steps=0:vertex-steps=0: FPS: 3871 FrameTime: 0.258 ms
[conditionals] fragment-steps=5:vertex-steps=0: FPS: 4282 FrameTime: 0.234 ms
[conditionals] fragment-steps=0:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 4815 FrameTime: 0.208 ms
[function] fragment-complexity=low:fragment-steps=5: FPS: 4749 FrameTime: 0.211 ms
[function] fragment-complexity=medium:fragment-steps=5: FPS: 4390 FrameTime: 0.228 ms
[loop] fragment-loop=false:fragment-steps=5:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 4830 FrameTime: 0.207 ms
[loop] fragment-steps=5:fragment-uniform=false:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 4843 FrameTime: 0.207 ms
[loop] fragment-steps=5:fragment-uniform=true:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 4282 FrameTime: 0.234 ms
                                  glmark2 Score: 3132 

Just wondering, can your new version "20230219 with direct support for launching from USB" launch theoretically totally different images, like rebornos?
What requirements would those other images have to include?

1 час назад, Nurb432 сказал:

FYI this morning,  https://disk.yandex.ru/d/vM36JzR-xyyERw   gives me a 'nothing found' message from yandex. 

There is a mirror, where images are updated to the latest version (In a few hours there will be a new version).

https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/

44 минуты назад, fraz0815 сказал:

Have you seen the rebornOS (arch based) image for rock5b?

I don't use archlinux. As far as I know (I may be mistaken) - this version is assembled from parts of Armbian with the addition of ready-made binary files and settings from other systems, i.e. it is essentially an analogue of twisteros (a prefabricated binary hodgepodge) based on archlinux.

48 минут назад, fraz0815 сказал:

It's using radxa's SPI (and erasing MTD before with zero.img) detailed here,

u-boot radxa is useless junk with a bunch of errors and hidden problems for users (with any failure to start with NVMe, you will get a problem, you cannot start any system with SD\USB until you physically disable NVMe and other problems).

51 минуту назад, fraz0815 сказал:

and then simply flashing the OS img file to nvme.

armbian-config is an order of magnitude better and more convenient, it also allows you to easily install\update u-boot in MTD\SPI and simultaneously install the system on NVMe or other media (eMMC\USB).

55 минут назад, fraz0815 сказал:

This gets even grub installed

For a long time there have been versions of Armbian with support for different EFI\grub variants (EDK2-EFI and u-boot-efi), see details and links to such images in this topic. So far, OS selection management is available only via UART.

59 минут назад, fraz0815 сказал:

glmark2 Score: 3132 

Using ARM-blob and additional system performance settings, I get almost 3800 on Rock 5b, on other rk3588s models I get more than 4400 and I have a suspicion that slower memory is used on models with 16GB of RAM, but no one wanted to share the results from rock5b with 8 GB of RAM, with with this system, to determine exactly how reliable it is.

1 час назад, fraz0815 сказал:

What requirements would those other images have to include?

Using extlinux.conf or efi\grub (with the correct parameters).

And that does not surprise me a bit about putting in slower ram when you paid more for 16g ( like i did ).. save a buck, more profit.

I have decided i really dislike Radxa.   This is my 2nd product from them, the 1st, while i do admit it at least worked worked was psychically designed stupid,  and you had to buy adapter boards from them if you wanted to safely use it on the bench, or use it in a project at all ..    never again.  

7 минут назад, Nurb432 сказал:

So in theory ( since my board inst booting properly to use any instructions tat involved using the board itself )  : if i use my host machine to blow away SPI ( again ) then flash their image to m.2 it will magically work?

Just write the new version to the SD card, start the system from it and install it on MTD+NVMe. If you already have the necessary partition on NVMe, no additional manual operations (cleaning SPI\MTD, etc.) are necessary.

well f-    now i'm back to like i was before.  nothing.. not even debug, just instant blue light ( i guess at least it wasn't cycling ).   ( even after i put it all back like it was the other day )

I am throwing in the towel. I give up.  Wasted $ and wasted effort on this PoS board.   I stopped making products so this was just going to be a toy, being next gen of my well liked RK3399 so i dont *need* this to work..  and even if i was making products i would be finding another vendor from day one,  as if they dropped the ball this bad on PSU's cant trust them.   Frustrating to burn time and money, even if its not a lot of it. 

I picked up a orange 5, which worked out of the gate. Its an S chip, but oh well, it works. ( and a NanoPi_R6S to replace my router, it had 3 Ethernet ports )

Edited by Nurb432

Thanks for your long and detailed answer, I suspected something devastating like that 😀

glmark output was just for comparison, dmesg has a lot of errors, so never thougt it would win a price (even thoug Gnome runs smooth).

I am willing to write a FAQ/wiki regarding Rock5B + PSU + MTD + NVME after switch to armbian-next/main is done.  

If you meant my short answer,  earlier on this thread or another i went into a lot of detail, didnt want to bore people with a repeat, so sorry about that.  ( if you didnt mean me, then again sorry. .but more detail follows anyway )

I have tried perhaps 10 different supplies, some dumb usbC, some PD usbC, couple of USB 3's, even one non-usb that i have to charge solar battery packs on-grid ( 12v barrel to usbC .. ) i ruled out power a long time ago.  Then tried every combination of spi and images i could find.   The only one that even gave me a UART was your last one, but now its not either.

I honestly think my board is f-ed, and im frustrated beyond what i seem to be.     But being that i got it in December ( early bird, stupid me ) getting it exchanged is not going to happen at this point ( even if Radxa cared about their customers.. ) , and i wont be buying another. 

20.02.2023 в 00:21, Nurb432 сказал:

I have tried perhaps 10 different supplies, some dumb usbC, some PD usbC, couple of USB 3's, even one non-usb that i have to charge solar battery packs on-grid ( 12v barrel to usbC .. ) i ruled out power a long time ago.  Then tried every combination of spi and images i could find.   The only one that even gave me a UART was your last one, but now its not either.

Perhaps because of these tests with different u-boot you have a problem. Start by completely clearing SPI\MTD (with the DD command) and physically disabling NVMe. After that, use a power supply without PD with a power of at least 12Vx3A, completely clean the SD card (with the DD command) and record the last image from this topic. Only after these steps, you can reconnect NVMe and run and install u-boot in SPI\MTD+NVMe.

I did clear spi between each of my attempts ( however i did use the zero.img method.  ).    Not sure what you mean by "physically disable" nvme.  Do you mean remove?  In most tests i had no emmc or nvme installed, just using SD. 

But, i can try it again and will attempt clearing via DD instead.  I do appreciate the help, just frustrating after months of nearly nothing. ( and that the vendor does not seem to give a damn )

On 2/21/2023 at 11:06 AM, Nurb432 said:

But, i can try it again and will attempt clearing via DD instead

I could get a weekly release build Armbian XFCE running great directly from NVMe, I believe in earlier replies there is some instructions about doing that.

Armbian + this hardware power is great!! The lack of mainline linux kernel is the most important thing to improve, but I would like to point another thing:

I was trying to install GitLab Community Edition in the latest Armbian for ROCK5B (I know there are a lot of issues), one of the requisites is to have ruby interpreter of exactly the version 2.7, and the interpreter available in repositories is 3.0 (which is not suported by GitLab server).

So I have tried to compile from source, but I was not able to do that because it does not find openssl, even if I add the correct path in the configure script...

I know this topic is not the main subject of this discussion, but I would like to point that as this is the most important topics in the ROCK5B forum section.

Edited by chandlerkc
mispelled instructions

Well i'm back to just a green light now. Not even the 'power boot loop'.  And UART is dead again too.

I give up as it has to be a hardware problem and into the trash bin it goes, as Radxa never has responded to me about returning/exchanging. They just dont give a damn about their customers unless you are buying 1000s of them  i guess. 

But thanks everyone for suggestions and such, i do appreciate the help..  

Ok, this works rather well using a non PD 12V supply, however I can't locate any of the dtb overlay files for enabling things like uarts and pwms, nor do I see the /boot/armbianExt.txt file I've grown accustomed to.

How does support for system and user selected dtb overlays work here?

26.02.2023 в 23:37, lurk101 сказал:

How does support for system and user selected dtb overlays work here?

Starting from version 20230228, support for overlays has been added.

The order of use.

# mkdir -p /sys/kernel/config/device-tree/overlays/tsys01

# cd <bin directory under DT-Overlays>

# cat tsys01.dtbo > /sys/kernel/config/device-tree/overlays/tsys01/dtbo

remove the dtbo feature:

# rmdir /sys/kernel/config/device-tree/overlays/dtoverlay

https://www.96boards.org/documentation/consumer/dragonboard/dragonboard410c/guides/dt-overlays.md.html#32-loading-overlays-via-configfs

https://github.com/starfive-tech/VisionFive2#appendix-ii-using-dtb-overlay-dynamically

Please note, I have not tested this functionality.

26.02.2023 в 23:37, lurk101 сказал:

nor do I see the /boot/armbianExt.txt file I've grown accustomed to

the standard extlinux.conf settings file is used. which is many times more convenient and well standardized. information on its options and how to use them is full on the Internet.

if you really need to transfer something to u-boot, use a text file /boot/uEnv.txt (this is also a standard settings file for u-boot). It is processed immediately after the extlinux.conf file and after that the standard procedure for loading the kernel\initrd\dtb is started.

Version 20230315-edge with kernel 6.2-rc1.

HDMI LAN USB works.

For those who use my latest version of u-boot in SPI\MTD - you can very easily start the system from USB without breaking the system in NVMe. Just burn the image to any USB flash drive, connect it to Rock 5b and turn on the power, the system automatically starts from USB (without affecting anything in NVMe).

A request to those who have the opportunity to perform simple testing and provide the results in this topic.

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ThomasKaiser/sbc-bench/master/sbc-bench.sh

sudo /bin/bash ./sbc-bench.sh

After completing the test, copy the received link and publish it in this topic.

It is also advisable to publish the result of a command

dmesg | grep pvtm

from any "old" system running (with kernel 5.10).

https://github.com/Googulator/linux-rk3588-midstream/issues/3#issuecomment-1469749936

https://github.com/ThomasKaiser/sbc-bench

Version 20230320-edge with pancsf-midstream core (6.2).

To enable HW acceleration, install the mesa package with the forced overwrite option 

dpkg -i --force-overwrite mesa_23.0.0-dev-2_arm64.deb 

After installation and reboot, HW acceleration will work in x11 and wayland.

Please note, this is a test version of mesa for the initial evaluation of the work, some of the functions do not work in it and there may be bugs.

With x11, the system works more stably, but the test results are lower than in gnome+wayland.

Спасибо за помощь.

glmark2 2021.02

OpenGL Information

GL_VENDOR:     Mesa

GL_RENDERER:   Mali-G610 (Panfrost)

GL_VERSION:    OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 23.0.0-devel (git-cbe80448cc)

glmark2 Score: 760

On 3/16/2023 at 3:52 AM, balbes150 said:

After completing the test, copy the received link and publish it in this topic.

http://ix.io/4rod

It is also advisable to publish the result of a command

dmesg | grep pvtm

from any "old" system running (with kernel 5.10).

$ dmesg | grep pvtm
[    4.064598] rockchip-pvtm fda40000.pvtm: pvtm@0 probed
[    4.064657] rockchip-pvtm fda50000.pvtm: pvtm@1 probed
[    4.064717] rockchip-pvtm fda60000.pvtm: pvtm@2 probed
[    4.064770] rockchip-pvtm fdaf0000.pvtm: pvtm@3 probed
[    4.064821] rockchip-pvtm fdb30000.pvtm: pvtm@4 probed
[    4.360207] cpu cpu0: pvtm=1499
[    4.360292] cpu cpu0: pvtm-volt-sel=4
[    4.374085] cpu cpu4: pvtm=1734
[    4.382508] cpu cpu4: pvtm-volt-sel=5
[    4.397347] cpu cpu6: pvtm=1745
[    4.405565] cpu cpu6: pvtm-volt-sel=6
[    4.487909] mali fb000000.gpu: pvtm=885
[    4.487947] mali fb000000.gpu: pvtm-volt-sel=3
[    4.568549] RKNPU fdab0000.npu: pvtm=887
[    4.572941] RKNPU fdab0000.npu: pvtm-volt-sel=4

neofetch output:

$ neofetch
                                 chandler@rock-5b 
                                 ---------------- 
      █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █      OS: Armbian (23.02.2) aarch64 
     ███████████████████████     Host: Radxa ROCK 5B 
   ▄▄██                   ██▄▄   Kernel: 5.10.110-rockchip-rk3588 
   ▄▄██    ███████████    ██▄▄   Uptime: 1 day, 3 hours, 29 mins 
   ▄▄██   ██         ██   ██▄▄   Packages: 2101 (dpkg) 
   ▄▄██   ██         ██   ██▄▄   Shell: bash 5.2.15 
   ▄▄██   ██         ██   ██▄▄   Terminal: /dev/pts/0 
   ▄▄██   █████████████   ██▄▄   CPU: (8) @ 1.800GHz 
   ▄▄██   ██         ██   ██▄▄   Memory: 470MiB / 7688MiB 
   ▄▄██   ██         ██   ██▄▄
   ▄▄██   ██         ██   ██▄▄                           
   ▄▄██                   ██▄▄                           
     ███████████████████████
      █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

11 hours ago, balbes150 said:

20230320-edge

The download speed at https://disk.yandex.ru/d/V5AxXNN2yJnOfg/20230320-edge is horrible...

For those who use my latest version of u-boot in SPI\MTD - you can very easily start the system from USB without breaking the system in NVMe. Just burn the image to any USB flash drive, connect it to Rock 5b and turn on the power, the system automatically starts from USB (without affecting anything in NVMe).

Can you, please, tell me where is the download link and the u-boot flash instructions? 😊

Thanks in advance!!

4 часа назад, chandlerkc сказал:

The download speed at https://disk.yandex.ru/d/V5AxXNN2yJnOfg/20230320-edge is horrible..

https://mega.nz/#F!j9QSDQSQ!6WpasOlbZYIInfw6yo4phQ

4 часа назад, chandlerkc сказал:

Can you, please, tell me where is the download link and the u-boot flash instructions?

All the latest images from this theme have a new u-boot with support for launching from USB (and also have the correct launch from an SD card, which does not block if there is a problem with NVMe, as happens with the official versions of radha and armbian). Just run this image and select the installation in SPI\MTD in armbian-config, the system will write a new u-boot. You can also install this system immediately on NVMe along with the u-boot update.

Added new versions of the mesa package and an archive to enable acceleration for wayland. To enable wayland acceleration, you need to replace the files in the /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu directory with the contents of the archive (with file replacement). After that, acceleration will work with wayland. X11 and wayland acceleration works the same way on Debian Sid (the images are the same as Ubuntu). After starting the system and initial configuration, replace the files from the archive in the same way and acceleration will work. The results of running in Debian Sid Gnome for x11 and wayland.

x11

glmark2 2023.01
    OpenGL Information
    GL_VENDOR:      Mesa
    GL_RENDERER:    Mali-G610 (Panfrost)
    GL_VERSION:     3.0 Mesa 23.0.0-devel (git-cbe80448cc)
    Surface Size:   800x600 windowed
[build] use-vbo=false: FPS: 959 FrameTime: 1.044 ms
[build] use-vbo=true: FPS: 987 FrameTime: 1.014 ms
[texture] texture-filter=nearest: FPS: 1064 FrameTime: 0.940 ms
[texture] texture-filter=linear: FPS: 1053 FrameTime: 0.950 ms
[texture] texture-filter=mipmap: FPS: 1054 FrameTime: 0.949 ms
[shading] shading=gouraud: FPS: 832 FrameTime: 1.203 ms
[shading] shading=blinn-phong-inf: FPS: 839 FrameTime: 1.193 ms
[shading] shading=phong: FPS: 770 FrameTime: 1.299 ms
[shading] shading=cel: FPS: 747 FrameTime: 1.339 ms
[bump] bump-render=high-poly: FPS: 353 FrameTime: 2.839 ms
[bump] bump-render=normals: FPS: 1084 FrameTime: 0.923 ms
[bump] bump-render=height: FPS: 1077 FrameTime: 0.929 ms
[effect2d] kernel=0,1,0;1,-4,1;0,1,0;: FPS: 794 FrameTime: 1.260 ms
[effect2d] kernel=1,1,1,1,1;1,1,1,1,1;1,1,1,1,1;: FPS: 429 FrameTime: 2.334 ms
[pulsar] light=false:quads=5:texture=false: FPS: 964 FrameTime: 1.038 ms
[desktop] blur-radius=5:effect=blur:passes=1:separable=true:windows=4: FPS: 375 FrameTime: 2.668 ms
[desktop] effect=shadow:windows=4: FPS: 836 FrameTime: 1.196 ms
[buffer] columns=200:interleave=false:update-dispersion=0.9:update-fraction=0.5:update-method=map: FPS: 564 FrameTime: 1.775 ms
[buffer] columns=200:interleave=false:update-dispersion=0.9:update-fraction=0.5:update-method=subdata: FPS: 567 FrameTime: 1.765 ms
[buffer] columns=200:interleave=true:update-dispersion=0.9:update-fraction=0.5:update-method=map: FPS: 656 FrameTime: 1.526 ms
[ideas] speed=duration: FPS: 697 FrameTime: 1.437 ms
[jellyfish] <default>: FPS: 858 FrameTime: 1.166 ms
[terrain] <default>: FPS: 95 FrameTime: 10.550 ms
[shadow] <default>: FPS: 672 FrameTime: 1.490 ms
[refract] <default>: FPS: 92 FrameTime: 10.925 ms
[conditionals] fragment-steps=0:vertex-steps=0: FPS: 914 FrameTime: 1.095 ms
[conditionals] fragment-steps=5:vertex-steps=0: FPS: 881 FrameTime: 1.135 ms
[conditionals] fragment-steps=0:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 928 FrameTime: 1.079 ms
[function] fragment-complexity=low:fragment-steps=5: FPS: 941 FrameTime: 1.063 ms
[function] fragment-complexity=medium:fragment-steps=5: FPS: 875 FrameTime: 1.143 ms
[loop] fragment-loop=false:fragment-steps=5:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 921 FrameTime: 1.086 ms
[loop] fragment-steps=5:fragment-uniform=false:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 927 FrameTime: 1.079 ms
[loop] fragment-steps=5:fragment-uniform=true:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 873 FrameTime: 1.146 ms
                                  glmark2 Score: 777 

x1 

glmark2 2023.01
    OpenGL Information
    GL_VERSION:     OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 23.0.0-devel (git-cbe80448cc)
[build] use-vbo=false: FPS: 1007 FrameTime: 0.994 ms
[build] use-vbo=true: FPS: 1028 FrameTime: 0.973 ms
[texture] texture-filter=nearest: FPS: 1132 FrameTime: 0.884 ms
[texture] texture-filter=linear: FPS: 1132 FrameTime: 0.884 ms
[texture] texture-filter=mipmap: FPS: 1133 FrameTime: 0.883 ms
[shading] shading=gouraud: FPS: 854 FrameTime: 1.171 ms
[shading] shading=blinn-phong-inf: FPS: 851 FrameTime: 1.176 ms
[shading] shading=phong: FPS: 789 FrameTime: 1.269 ms
[shading] shading=cel: FPS: 777 FrameTime: 1.287 ms
[bump] bump-render=high-poly: FPS: 364 FrameTime: 2.751 ms
[bump] bump-render=normals: FPS: 1137 FrameTime: 0.880 ms
[bump] bump-render=height: FPS: 1119 FrameTime: 0.894 ms
[effect2d] kernel=0,1,0;1,-4,1;0,1,0;: FPS: 969 FrameTime: 1.033 ms
[effect2d] kernel=1,1,1,1,1;1,1,1,1,1;1,1,1,1,1;: FPS: 632 FrameTime: 1.582 ms
[pulsar] light=false:quads=5:texture=false: FPS: 1059 FrameTime: 0.944 ms
[desktop] blur-radius=5:effect=blur:passes=1:separable=true:windows=4: FPS: 418 FrameTime: 2.395 ms
[desktop] effect=shadow:windows=4: FPS: 877 FrameTime: 1.141 ms
[buffer] columns=200:interleave=false:update-dispersion=0.9:update-fraction=0.5:update-method=map: FPS: 567 FrameTime: 1.766 ms
[buffer] columns=200:interleave=false:update-dispersion=0.9:update-fraction=0.5:update-method=subdata: FPS: 574 FrameTime: 1.744 ms
[buffer] columns=200:interleave=true:update-dispersion=0.9:update-fraction=0.5:update-method=map: FPS: 672 FrameTime: 1.488 ms
[ideas] speed=duration: FPS: 713 FrameTime: 1.403 ms
[jellyfish] <default>: FPS: 973 FrameTime: 1.029 ms
[terrain] <default>: FPS: 99 FrameTime: 10.118 ms
[shadow] <default>: FPS: 698 FrameTime: 1.434 ms
[refract] <default>: FPS: 94 FrameTime: 10.717 ms
[conditionals] fragment-steps=0:vertex-steps=0: FPS: 1024 FrameTime: 0.977 ms
[conditionals] fragment-steps=5:vertex-steps=0: FPS: 925 FrameTime: 1.081 ms
[conditionals] fragment-steps=0:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 1004 FrameTime: 0.996 ms
[function] fragment-complexity=low:fragment-steps=5: FPS: 982 FrameTime: 1.019 ms
[function] fragment-complexity=medium:fragment-steps=5: FPS: 879 FrameTime: 1.139 ms
[loop] fragment-loop=false:fragment-steps=5:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 980 FrameTime: 1.021 ms
[loop] fragment-steps=5:fragment-uniform=false:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 975 FrameTime: 1.026 ms
[loop] fragment-steps=5:fragment-uniform=true:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 880 FrameTime: 1.137 ms
                                  glmark2 Score: 826 

wayland

glmark2 2023.01
    OpenGL Information
    GL_VERSION:     3.0 Mesa 23.0.0-devel (git-cbe80448cc)
[build] use-vbo=false: FPS: 2861 FrameTime: 0.350 ms
[build] use-vbo=true: FPS: 2930 FrameTime: 0.341 ms
[texture] texture-filter=nearest: FPS: 3996 FrameTime: 0.250 ms
[texture] texture-filter=linear: FPS: 3723 FrameTime: 0.269 ms
[texture] texture-filter=mipmap: FPS: 4000 FrameTime: 0.250 ms
[shading] shading=gouraud: FPS: 2493 FrameTime: 0.401 ms
[shading] shading=blinn-phong-inf: FPS: 2503 FrameTime: 0.400 ms
[shading] shading=phong: FPS: 2161 FrameTime: 0.463 ms
[shading] shading=cel: FPS: 2070 FrameTime: 0.483 ms
[bump] bump-render=high-poly: FPS: 914 FrameTime: 1.095 ms
[bump] bump-render=normals: FPS: 3745 FrameTime: 0.267 ms
[bump] bump-render=height: FPS: 3623 FrameTime: 0.276 ms
[effect2d] kernel=0,1,0;1,-4,1;0,1,0;: FPS: 1689 FrameTime: 0.592 ms
[effect2d] kernel=1,1,1,1,1;1,1,1,1,1;1,1,1,1,1;: FPS: 614 FrameTime: 1.630 ms
[pulsar] light=false:quads=5:texture=false: FPS: 3701 FrameTime: 0.270 ms
[desktop] blur-radius=5:effect=blur:passes=1:separable=true:windows=4: FPS: 544 FrameTime: 1.840 ms
[desktop] effect=shadow:windows=4: FPS: 2049 FrameTime: 0.488 ms
[buffer] columns=200:interleave=false:update-dispersion=0.9:update-fraction=0.5:update-method=map: FPS: 562 FrameTime: 1.780 ms
[buffer] columns=200:interleave=false:update-dispersion=0.9:update-fraction=0.5:update-method=subdata: FPS: 559 FrameTime: 1.790 ms
[buffer] columns=200:interleave=true:update-dispersion=0.9:update-fraction=0.5:update-method=map: FPS: 678 FrameTime: 1.475 ms
[ideas] speed=duration: FPS: 967 FrameTime: 1.035 ms
[jellyfish] <default>: FPS: 1789 FrameTime: 0.559 ms
[terrain] <default>: FPS: 105 FrameTime: 9.615 ms
[shadow] <default>: FPS: 1426 FrameTime: 0.701 ms
[refract] <default>: FPS: 114 FrameTime: 8.840 ms
[conditionals] fragment-steps=0:vertex-steps=0: FPS: 3466 FrameTime: 0.289 ms
[conditionals] fragment-steps=5:vertex-steps=0: FPS: 2542 FrameTime: 0.394 ms
[conditionals] fragment-steps=0:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 2909 FrameTime: 0.344 ms
[function] fragment-complexity=low:fragment-steps=5: FPS: 3255 FrameTime: 0.307 ms
[function] fragment-complexity=medium:fragment-steps=5: FPS: 2526 FrameTime: 0.396 ms
[loop] fragment-loop=false:fragment-steps=5:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 2842 FrameTime: 0.352 ms
[loop] fragment-steps=5:fragment-uniform=false:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 3201 FrameTime: 0.312 ms
[loop] fragment-steps=5:fragment-uniform=true:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 2370 FrameTime: 0.422 ms
                                  glmark2 Score: 2208 

wayland

glmark2 2023.01
    OpenGL Information
    GL_VERSION:     OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 23.0.0-devel (git-cbe80448cc)
[build] use-vbo=false: FPS: 2853 FrameTime: 0.351 ms
[build] use-vbo=true: FPS: 3340 FrameTime: 0.299 ms
[texture] texture-filter=nearest: FPS: 3925 FrameTime: 0.255 ms
[texture] texture-filter=linear: FPS: 3949 FrameTime: 0.253 ms
[texture] texture-filter=mipmap: FPS: 3254 FrameTime: 0.307 ms
[shading] shading=gouraud: FPS: 2346 FrameTime: 0.426 ms
[shading] shading=blinn-phong-inf: FPS: 2421 FrameTime: 0.413 ms
[shading] shading=phong: FPS: 2135 FrameTime: 0.469 ms
[shading] shading=cel: FPS: 2116 FrameTime: 0.473 ms
[bump] bump-render=high-poly: FPS: 920 FrameTime: 1.088 ms
[bump] bump-render=normals: FPS: 3952 FrameTime: 0.253 ms
[bump] bump-render=height: FPS: 3578 FrameTime: 0.280 ms
[effect2d] kernel=0,1,0;1,-4,1;0,1,0;: FPS: 2555 FrameTime: 0.391 ms
[effect2d] kernel=1,1,1,1,1;1,1,1,1,1;1,1,1,1,1;: FPS: 1076 FrameTime: 0.930 ms
[pulsar] light=false:quads=5:texture=false: FPS: 3472 FrameTime: 0.288 ms
[desktop] blur-radius=5:effect=blur:passes=1:separable=true:windows=4: FPS: 651 FrameTime: 1.537 ms
[desktop] effect=shadow:windows=4: FPS: 2136 FrameTime: 0.468 ms
[buffer] columns=200:interleave=false:update-dispersion=0.9:update-fraction=0.5:update-method=map: FPS: 579 FrameTime: 1.729 ms
[buffer] columns=200:interleave=false:update-dispersion=0.9:update-fraction=0.5:update-method=subdata: FPS: 590 FrameTime: 1.696 ms
[buffer] columns=200:interleave=true:update-dispersion=0.9:update-fraction=0.5:update-method=map: FPS: 673 FrameTime: 1.487 ms
[ideas] speed=duration: FPS: 987 FrameTime: 1.013 ms
[jellyfish] <default>: FPS: 2130 FrameTime: 0.470 ms
[terrain] <default>: FPS: 111 FrameTime: 9.079 ms
[shadow] <default>: FPS: 1428 FrameTime: 0.701 ms
[refract] <default>: FPS: 112 FrameTime: 9.005 ms
[conditionals] fragment-steps=0:vertex-steps=0: FPS: 3321 FrameTime: 0.301 ms
[conditionals] fragment-steps=5:vertex-steps=0: FPS: 2740 FrameTime: 0.365 ms
[conditionals] fragment-steps=0:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 3589 FrameTime: 0.279 ms
[function] fragment-complexity=low:fragment-steps=5: FPS: 2917 FrameTime: 0.343 ms
[function] fragment-complexity=medium:fragment-steps=5: FPS: 2444 FrameTime: 0.409 ms
[loop] fragment-loop=false:fragment-steps=5:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 2941 FrameTime: 0.340 ms
[loop] fragment-steps=5:fragment-uniform=false:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 3246 FrameTime: 0.308 ms
[loop] fragment-steps=5:fragment-uniform=true:vertex-steps=5: FPS: 2532 FrameTime: 0.395 ms
                                  glmark2 Score: 2272 

On 3/21/2023 at 2:29 AM, balbes150 said:

All the latest images from this theme have a new u-boot with support for launching from USB

I was confused until realizing

U-Boot 2017.09-armbian (Mar 17 2023 - 15:51:29 +0300)

only recognized BOT flash drives as all mine support UASP

starting USB...
Bus usb@fc800000: USB EHCI 1.00
Bus usb@fc840000: USB OHCI 1.0
Bus usb@fc880000: USB EHCI 1.00
Bus usb@fc8c0000: USB OHCI 1.0
Bus usb@fcd00000: usb maximum-speed not found
Register 2000140 NbrPorts 2
Starting the controller
USB XHCI 1.10
scanning bus usb@fc800000 for devices... 4 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@fc840000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@fc880000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@fc8c0000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@fcd00000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
       scanning usb for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found

Device 0: Vendor: SanDisk  Rev: 0001 Prod: Extreme         
            Type: Hard Disk
            Capacity: 14966.6 MB = 14.6 GB (30651688 x 512)
... is now current device
Scanning usb 0:1...
Found /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf
Retrieving file: /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf
=================begin===================
313 bytes read in 188 ms (1000 Bytes/s)
1:	Armbian
Retrieving file: /boot/uInitrd
20929541 bytes read in 1709 ms (11.7 MiB/s)
Retrieving file: /boot/Image
33747456 bytes read in 2420 ms (13.3 MiB/s)

Perhaps plug drives into the black ports, not the blue ones.

Edited by rob