MXQ Pro Armbian 5.88 problem startup!

Mario663

It depends on the native uboot installed on the box if it will support booting from a usb device.  So some do and some don't.

Your earlier post would indicate you have a faulty sd card and you may need to get a new one to continue down that path as it appears your device doesn't support booting from usb.

7 hours ago, SteeMan said:

you have a faulty sd

Yes you are right! but I don't understand if it's the defective SD or the SD reader of my notebook!? because I had trouble finding the driver for the reader for windows 10, nor could I find a compatible one but sometimes when I insert the SD card it doesn't recognize it! but if you say that it is the SD I will try to buy another!! thank you!

26 minutes ago, SteeMan said:

SD cards are known to fail frequently

I tried just now to burn through an external medium inserted the sd inside it configured all the same problem that it does not find the emmc partition and starts from the network, even if it tells me that everything has been copied to the emmc when I restart I remove the SD part boot then start network config is TIMEOUT....!!

On 1/14/2023 at 8:55 AM, SteeMan said:
On 1/14/2023 at 8:20 AM, Mario663 said:

Ok and what can I do to make the internal partition of the emmc be recognized!? thank you!

I don't know what the problem is because as I said, you didn't capture the important part of the install-aml.sh script run.  But I also did say the following:

On 1/13/2023 at 12:09 PM, SteeMan said:

Also, did you start from a clean android firmware on the emmc?  That is what the script is expecting.  If this is a box where you already had something else on the emmc, that may be causing the errors.

If you want a valid test of installing to emmc you need to restore the box to the original android firmware and start from there.  And it may still not work, but that is the starting state the script expects and the only thing that is tested.

I get frustrated when you don't follow (or if you do follow, you don't provide that information in your posts) the instructions I give you.  As I said a couple of days ago, I need to see all of the output from the install-aml.sh script (which you haven't provided).  Even more importantly, if you don't restore the box back to an original android firmware so you are starting from a known good state, I can't help you (you haven't provided any information that you have restored the original andoird firmware).  And finally after all of that this may still not work, as there are hundreds of different tv boxes (most of which I don't own and can't test with).

8 hours ago, SteeMan said:

I need to see all of the output from the install-aml.sh script

Can I recover the log file to be able to post it in text mode!? because it takes a long time to make a video of the whole procedure!?

The only suggestion I have on the usb burning tool is to try different versions.  I have found that with some older TV boxes, the latest version sometimes doesn't work, but an older one will.

One other point I will mention is to have the box disconnected from power when you are trying to connect to it with the burning tool (it should get power over the usb connection) and to try different usb ports on the box.

2 hours ago, Mario663 said:

I've tried to download it from different places

What are you trying to download from different places?  Be specific.

The screen you are showing isn't something that you should ever be in.  This isn't part of the install instructions.  Please give the steps you are performing, that lead you to this screen?

4 minutes ago, SteeMan said:

What are you trying to download from different places?  Be specific.

The screen you are showing isn't something that you should ever be in.  This isn't part of the install instructions.  Please give the steps you are performing, that lead you to this screen?

Since my Box doesn't start with the toothpick method, the only way to install armbian is to install aml_autoscript.zip now, however, on the firmware I'm on, I can't install it from update and I want to install it from TWRP (modified Recovery mod)!

3 minutes ago, SteeMan said:

The video you linked to is 5 years old and doesn't reflect the current state of the builds.

Ok let's go now I have the downloaded version Armbian_23.02.0-trunk_Aml-s9xx-box_lunar_edge_6.1.4_xfce_desktop.img.xz