Banana PI M5 - Armbian 22.11 Bullseye CLI Prebuild - Sunfounder 7" Touchscreen -> Color, Positioning Issue

dkleber89

Hello,

i have an Issue with my Touchscreen on my Banana Pi running Armbian Bullseye. The colors are not correct ... everything shows with a ?brown / red? touch and the Position are not correct ... Top 5 pixel border and bottom 5 pixel cut.

I check the display ... it works fine when i plugin on my desktop pc ... so the hardware should be fine.

Is there maybe anyone who can help me with that? I haven´t found a solution for this by myself or by google around.

System:

To Me:

• I have a some experience with Linux based systems (I use Arch on my Desktop and Notebook) but in this particular case i have no idea how to fix this or how to begin to debug.

Thanks,

dkleber89

Thanks for the reply ... but how  can i do this ...  I try some different solutions but i can´t see any difference to before:

1: Add Env Variables in armbianEnv.txt with different resolutions and different refresh rates -> same variables like here for raspbian described -> https://docs.sunfounder.com/projects/ts-7c/en/latest/settings_for_raspberry_pi.html -> Maybe the wrong variable names or wrong place?

2: Change boot.cmd with different hdmi settings and then "mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d /boot/boot.cmd /boot/boot.scr" and reboot

-> setenv display_autodetect "true" and "false"

-> setenv hdmimode with different values

Can u tell me where is the right place to change the display refresh rate or resolution? Can´t find the correct place

Thanks

Edited by dkleber89
typo

I have no Desktop i installed the CLI Version. I work only on TTY actual

I have already try that link you mentioned ... 

Screen resolution on other boards -> Maybe outdated for bullseye or not applicable for my usecase ... i don´t find this example and when i try to set this in the boot.cmd with mkimage and reboot its not change anything

xrandr not working from cli because of "Can´t open display" ... Maybe thats only possible when you run inside a xorg environment but i am on the TTY

Did you have another hint for me?

Another 2 Hours with trying with fbset ... Nothing

When i plug in this display in my desktop pc ist a nice screen with nice bright colors ... but on my pi it only garbage 

I love linux but wy its everytime so fu..... annoying when it is something with display / video / graphics ?

Hopefully someone here has a hint for me what i can try :-)

Thanks for Help

I have some findings so far but not the solution:

When i disconnect the display while booting the pi and den connect the display working (fine) ... im not 100% sure but its looking much much better maybe the resolution not 100% correct but color are good yet

When i disconnect the display after booting in this "error" state and reconnect nothing changes

Outputs of fbset:

* On Error State:

mode "1024x600"
   geometry 1024 600 1024 600 32
   timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
   accel true
   rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,0/0
endmode

* After disconnected startup before plugin display:

mode "1024x768"
   geometry 1024 768 1024 768 32
   timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
   accel true
   rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,0/0
endmode

* After disconnected startup after plugin display
mode "1024x768"
   geometry 1024 768 1024 768 32
   timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
   accel true
   rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,0/0
endmode

Nice so then i can set this supported resolution with "fbset 1024x768-60" -> NO -> ioctl FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument

Then i try to make own mode in /etc/fb.modes with exactly the values from the working fbset -s output and after reboot try "fbset 1024x768" -> NO -> ioctl FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument

What do i wrong ... Can anyone can help me with that?

Thanks

Edited by dkleber89