StationPC M3 storage expansion

w1nner4fun

Hi guys, sorry if this question might sound stupid, but how do I open the M3 enclosure?

There is no instruction in the manual, nor on the stationpc website.

I just bought this little box and I am not sure if this has some screws or some other closing system.

I can see the four rubber buffers on the bottom of the box, but I don't want to harm those without reason.

Can anyone tell me how to disassemble the box?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks @balbes for the quick answer.

This is how the bottom box looks like.

The two holes don't show any screw inside, they are empty. These actually have threads to insert some screw in them.

The top of the box is totally flat and has a mirror finish, no sign of any screw.

Neither the sides have any screw.

So, the only places that might have screws are the rubber feet in the corners of the bottom.

But these feel very easy to destroy if I wanted to remove them...

I wrote to stationpc customer support, maybe they shed some light.

Thanks again, you're a legend :)

image.thumb.png.c929ffeacb59720b151565f8dbd9e308.png

image.thumb.png.0682cae2e886212e90921ae7dbdedac3.png

image.thumb.png.d4e00bde29a0db0eb29e8bb29b21f984.png

16 часов назад, w1nner4fun сказал:

The two holes don't show any screw inside, they are empty. These actually have threads to insert some screw in them.

This is for attaching the device itself to the wall or to the body of a large device (for example, a monitor, via a VESA mount)

16 часов назад, w1nner4fun сказал:

So, the only places that might have screws are the rubber feet in the corners of the bottom.

But these feel very easy to destroy if I wanted to remove them...

I think the rubber bands are glued and they can be carefully peeled off (I peeled off such rubber bands and nothing happened to them). If there is not enough regular glue when re-gluing, you can lubricate them with another glue and glue them with an offset from the attachment points, so that you can then easily have access to the fastening screws.

You're right, I removed the rubber feet without hurting them and the screws were under them. They will need new glue though.

Had some trouble with one of the screws, which was stripped from the factory 🤔. I wasn't expecting that, as the box looks like it's made with good attention to detail...I had to use a dremmel in order to unscrew it.

Now I need to add a sata 2242 ssd :)

Thanks again for your input.